FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1875140-american-express-announces-two-new-hilton-credit-cards.html)

sethb Oct 4, 18 2:49 pm

It doesn't normally take that long.

thunderlounge Oct 4, 18 3:06 pm

I’d hope it hit in January, and lasted through 2020. :D

Exleftseat Oct 7, 18 7:25 pm

Pls don't flame me. But without going through all posts here is my question : I upgraded to the Aspire card from the old Citi card and didn't get any bonuses of course..
But yesterday I did also apply for a new business card and got approved. Will I get that welcome bonus?

jamesteroh Oct 7, 18 8:30 pm

Does the resort fee credit apply on room rates on prepaid rates at eligible properties? I'm going to vegas in a few weeks and was thinking of staying at the Tropicana on the prepaid rate. As long as I using my Hilton Am Ex to pay the room charges online will that trigger the credit? I don't want to stay at the Trop unless I get the $250 credit and using the prepaid rate is the only way it pays me to stay there instead of the HGVC.

BrlDsguise Oct 8, 18 8:25 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 30290142)
Does the resort fee credit apply on room rates on prepaid rates at eligible properties? I'm going to vegas in a few weeks and was thinking of staying at the Tropicana on the prepaid rate. As long as I using my Hilton Am Ex to pay the room charges online will that trigger the credit? I don't want to stay at the Trop unless I get the $250 credit and using the prepaid rate is the only way it pays me to stay there instead of the HGVC.

i think it has been well established on the $250 resort credit thread that an advance purchase rate on a U.S. property won't generate the credit but room charges will.

Surprised there is that much of a difference in the prepaid rate but factor in the $26 F & B credit at the Tropicana in your calculation.

jamesteroh Oct 8, 18 8:42 am

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise (Post 30291528)
i think it has been well established on the $250 resort credit thread that an advance purchase rate on a U.S. property won't generate the credit but room charges will.

Surprised there is that much of a difference in the prepaid rate but factor in the $26 F & B credit at the Tropicana in your calculation.

I didn't know there was a resort credit thread, I"ll look there, thanks.

If I'm not getting the resort credit on a prepay stay I'll just stay at the HGVC on Karen or a harrah;s property . Even with the resort credit factored in, the HGVC is probably a little cheaper than the Trop's non prepaid (hopefully rates will come down). The HGVC's pool is open until 10 and it's a lot more convenient or if I stay at a Harrah's property I won't have to pay the resort fee (they waive it for their diamonds) and I don't care about free breakfast since I'm with friends and we'll be burning Harrah's points at buffets.

farnorthtrader Oct 8, 18 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat (Post 30289996)
Pls don't flame me. But without going through all posts here is my question : I upgraded to the Aspire card from the old Citi card and didn't get any bonuses of course..
But yesterday I did also apply for a new business card and got approved. Will I get that welcome bonus?

so long as you havenít had the Hilton business card before, you should receive the bonus. Not flaming you, but you should have applied for the Aspire and gotten the bonus instead of upgrading. Now you will never be able to get an Aspire bonus.

richiezc Oct 8, 18 10:56 am

Q for those of you who have an aspire card: when you go to your benefits screen (https://global.americanexpress.com/c...efits/view-all) do you have a card for the $250 airline credit similar to the one shown below (example from plat):
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...632f93812b.jpg

When I look at this on my screen it briefly shows this card for $250 and then disappears? Its really bizarre, so before I go ahead and use any of the incidental credit wanted ot check if this happens to anybody else?

sdsearch Oct 8, 18 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat (Post 30289996)

If you didn't get the (fairly new) popup telling you that you won't get the signup bonus (before completing the application), then you presumably will get the welcome bonus if you do the required purchases (not from any place like giftcards.com, though!) in the required time.

Bowgie Oct 9, 18 12:10 am

150,000 point Ascent to Aspire Upgrade Offer

My Ascend online account has an offer (pop-up ad) to upgrade to Aspire and get bonus of 150,000 Hilton points by spending $4,000 on the new card. Kind of on the fence about accepting that offer. I'd value upgrade points at three-tenths of one cent per point or $450.

macman806 Oct 9, 18 8:12 am

Yeah, I got the same 150,000 offer to upgrade as well. $4K/3 month spend.

Eujeanie Oct 9, 18 8:30 am

Originally Posted by macman806 (Post 30295455)
Yeah, I got the same 150,000 offer to upgrade as well. $4K/3 month spend.

Where was the offer? I don't see it on my Amex statement, Aspire says "new card" and I know I won't get the bonus from having so many Amex cards before.

DaveH Oct 9, 18 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie (Post 30294390)
My Ascend online account has an offer (pop-up ad) to upgrade to Aspire and get bonus of 150,000 Hilton points by spending $4,000 on the new card. Kind of on the fence about accepting that offer. I'd value upgrade points at three-tenths of one cent per point or $450.

That's a superb offer. FWIW, I and many others did that same upgrade earlier this year for *no* welcome bonus. Now I wish I'd waited! :)

DaveH Oct 9, 18 9:33 am

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh (Post 30253420)
Not exactly the question, but I believe that if you upgrade you would still at least receive the one free night certificate bonus at one year anniversary despite upgrading the Ascend (former Surpass) to Aspire.

I upgraded, and received the free night certificate several weeks later (before the anniversary).

What I'm trying to confirm is, does an upgrader to Aspire get a $250 resort credit prior to their card anniversary? Posts in other threads imply yes, but Amex tells me "no." (Also asked this in the $250 resort credit thread).

sdsearch Oct 11, 18 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 30295528)
Where was the offer? I don't see it on my Amex statement, Aspire says "new card" and I know I won't get the bonus from having so many Amex cards before.

Among other places, my Ascend->Aspire upgrade offer is showing in my Amex Offers section, while logged in and having my Ascend card selected.

The other place I've seen it is my going to Credit Cards in the card menu (at top left) while logged in and having my Ascend card selected.

It haven't had an Ascend statement in a while, so I don't know if it would show on a statement or not, but I have my doubts, as none of the PRG/Gold->Plat upgrade offers I've seen online (and have ignored) have shown up on my PRG/Gold statements.