Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Free Night Vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:22 pm
sam
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Hilton Free Night Vouchers

My wife has a Hilton Free Night Voucher (from the UK HHonors credit card) that she is not going to be able to use before it expires. I need to stay in a hotel in Melbourne without her. Do you think I'd get away with staying on her voucher if she put my name as additional guest on the booking? I'll have her HHonors credit card with me.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
You shouldn't have any problem.
sam likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by sam
My wife has a Hilton Free Night Voucher (from the UK HHonors credit card) that she is not going to be able to use before it expires. I need to stay in a hotel in Melbourne without her. Do you think I'd get away with staying on her voucher if she put my name as additional guest on the booking? I'll have her HHonors credit card with me.
Also, she doesn't need to make the booking in her name at all, you can use the free night for whomever you wish. The hotel collects their fee/monies from HHonors; they don't care who sits in the room. Just have her make a reservation for you only, and advise she is going to redeem her free credit card night. ^
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:19 am
sam
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Is there any way to book the Reward Nights using voucher without calling Reservations?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:28 am
cjd

Originally Posted by sam
Is there any way to book the Reward Nights using voucher without calling Reservations?
No, you have to ring.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Also, she doesn't need to make the booking in her name at all, you can use the free night for whomever you wish. The hotel collects their fee/monies from HHonors; they don't care who sits in the room. Just have her make a reservation for you only, and advise she is going to redeem her free credit card night. ^
Last time I tried that on the Citi Weekend Cert, they said they can't do it. They did it all the time for me for points stay but they claimed that they can't do it on a certificate stay. So instead they put the other person's name as a 2nd guest and it was fine.

It seems strange to me that they can't do it as after they book the cert stay, the cert gets converted into points and it looks just like a points stay on the reservation on my end.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
I just called to redeem 3 weekend nights at the Grand Wailea and the rep booked it as 3 one night stays under the same confirmation number. I got 3 one night confirmations but with the same number. Is this normal for using the certificates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.