Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Work around needed for amending reservation (shorter stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Work around needed for amending reservation (shorter stay)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Incase of a no show as per TnCs Hotel should charge you the BAR for the room booked for the first night and refund all your points..I really cant wrong the hotel here, cancel the entire stay and try and rebook on the day of arrival or use your points at DT KL and buy the lounge access!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I am thinking that I will cancell and go stay at the IC - as their rates are pretty good at the moment - and they have always looked after me as a Spire Elite
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by adampenrith
I am thinking that I will cancell and go stay at the IC - as their rates are pretty good at the moment - and they have always looked after me as a Spire Elite
Not a happy solution for Hilton also IC lounge is way better than DT or even KL Hilton.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
now arriving into SIN at midnight does not allow us to do a same day connection onto KUL - so we are staying at a Hilton property at JB
It's a long journey from SIN airport to DT JB, even at midnight, with the immigration stops. I wouldn't be recommending it (even though DT JB is a nice and well priced hotel).

As an ex-travel agent I would have thought you would realise that cancellation and repricing policies are never particularly logical or in the favour of the customer

Last edited by moa999; Nov 3, 2017 at 10:45 pm
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by moa999
It's a long journey from SIN airport to DT KL, even at midnight. I wouldn't be recommending it (even though DT KL is a nice and well priced hotel).

As an ex-travel agent I would have thought you would realise that cancellation and repricing policies are never particularly logical or in the favour of the customer
Changi to DT JB at that hour is under an hour. DT KL am sure is closer to 5 hours. I wouldnt necessarily blame the OP, probably just so happens that the hotel is busy on the days he needs.
adampenrith likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Our travel plans changed due to airline schedules so this was out of my control. I would have expected maybe a cancellation fee for the first night but a good provider would have just done it.
I guess HIlton did not consider my patronage important enough .
That's fine they are not the only hotel brand around
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Just an update for anyone who was following along.

Due to Mt Agung - our KLM flight to SIN from DPS was cancelled - after much carryone at the airport we finally got put on Singapore which was due to depart 15 mins later - but due to some issues departed much later. We landed in SIN at 0055 and cleared very quickly, at 0105am. Despite sending our driver an email, he was waiting at Terminal 1 when we landed at Terminal 3 - so we just jumped into a taxi and went to Queen Street where we got a cross border taxi. We were at the JB DT at 215am.

We had not been able to purchase the train tickets on line - and the concierge at the JB DT would not assist us, so we gave up on the train, and instead chose to drive. All Europcar would let me do is a 3 day one way rental , so we had a night in Melaka, a night in Penang and a night in KL.

Due to the poor attitude of the Hilton in KL we cancelled the reservation, and had Holiday Inn stays in Melaka and Penang, and IC in KL.

Not sure what we will do with our Hilton points - I guess we will use them, but Hilton as a brand is no where near as good as IHG. We have been treated much better at a Holiday Inn Express than we have at a Hilton.

Hopefully Hilton members will see the light and take their business elsewhere or Hilton as a brand will get it together
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Thanks for reporting back! The JB-KL train is suspended at the moment so no direct connections or tickets available. Re Hilton you could be right, have been snooping around spg program lately and the experience seems much better.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Our travel plans changed due to airline schedules so this was out of my control. I would have expected maybe a cancellation fee for the first night but a good provider would have just done it.
I guess HIlton did not consider my patronage important enough .
That's fine they are not the only hotel brand around
I had a 3-night stay booked at the Sydney Hilton. 55,000 points per night.

I needed to trim one night off the front of the reservation, making it a 2-night stay.

Hilton's solution... they wanted 180,000 points per night for a poorer room for the 2-night stay.

At that time, they were selling rooms for something like $400 AU and I was offering to return one to them to potentially increase their revenue. Instead of gratitude, I received abuse.

I ended up keeping the 3-night reservation. Arrived at the hotel at about 10:00 AM on the morning after the first night. Did not have to hassle with early check-in refusal since I already had the room.

BTW... that extra night ended up ensuring that I ended the year with precisely 60 nights for Diamond.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashkale
Thanks for reporting back! The JB-KL train is suspended at the moment so no direct connections or tickets available. Re Hilton you could be right, have been snooping around spg program lately and the experience seems much better.

That might explain why we could not buy tickets - it worked out well - we had fun - we explored Melaka which we loved - and Penang which we decided we did not really like any of the resorts we saw - so we wont head there again - and in our short stay in KL we managed to shop and get the items we still had on our list - and have a fantastic dinner at Din Tin Fung, (I had been to Pavillions DTF before but partner had not) so double bonus to discover one in KLCC
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:16 am
Suspended

^ Though the one at KLCC doesn't serve pork dishes.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Yes I noticed that - as someone who does not eat pork it was not something that concerned me
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
This is the one downside of Hilton and On Q (I think it's On Q.)

Adding or removing nights etc should not be a massive problem for a hotel but yet Hilton manage it perfectly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.