Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Stuck in a elevator in Canada...."but not any more"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum

On a awesome Polar Bear excursion with my four year old daughter here in Canada and checked into a fairly new Hampton Inn two hours ago as our trip is on the tail end now. My daughter wanted to go swimming so as usual we got into the elevator (as our room is on the fourth floor) but unfortunately btw the third and 2nd floors it stopped and we were stuck for 45 min. Fairly certain my daughter had a better time than I did. Couldn't have asked for a better "stuck mate"

I'm not asking for additional points and not even a free night as of now (we'll see what happens tomorrow upon checkout). The bonding experience was priceless as the situation turned out just fine.

It's moments like these that I cherish as amazing father/daughter bonding time.
​​​
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by aspenedelen
...Fairly certain my daughter had a better time than I did...
​​​
Of course she did! She had her father's undivided attention for the entire time. That's precious to a child. My father wasn't ever good at that type of thing so your daughter is lucky her father was able to see the glass half full.

It will be interesting to see the front desk's response at checkout.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
It's moments like these that I cherish as amazing father/daughter bonding time.
Kudos to you for such a positive take, Dad! ^

I've been known to step out of elevators that become overly populated. Were I in the same situation as yours with one of our grandchildren, I'd be working overtime trying to hide my claustrophobia from him or her.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:37 pm

No silly howls of "Service Recovery!"
You've failed to prostrate yourself and beg for points.
No melodramatic crying over not have food and water for a whole 45 minutes.
No inflated arithmetic to prove your hourly worth.
No useless email sent directly to a CEO, personally reminding him of your precious stone/metal level of enlightenment (earned through blood, sweat and tears, of course).
A complete lack of hysterics.

Sir, what forum do you think your on?

Last edited by Fleck; Oct 30, 2017 at 6:34 am
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
100% Satisfaction Guarantee? I predict a free night.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
On a awesome Polar Bear excursion with my four year old daughter here in Canada and checked into a fairly new Hampton Inn two hours ago as our trip is on the tail end now.​​​
Canada's a fairly big place, with more than a few Hampton Inns, and contrary to popular belief, there aren't polar bears everywhere.

Care to enlighten us about the location of the adventure with your daughter? It sounded like a moment to cherish.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
The chances of getting stuck in an elevator are very rare, but the chances of getting stuck and have to use the restroom are highly likely. Hence the reason I avoid them when I need to go.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Sorry, must be lost... which way is FT?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sannmann
100% Satisfaction Guarantee? I predict a free night.
This.

Love the OP's attitude, but he should not have to grovel for this: the hotel should, without needing to be prompted by anyone, comp the night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.