HILTON WAIKOLOA HILTON WAIKOLOA - WAIKOLOA, HI09/24/2017
Sep242017HILTON WAIKOLOA HILTON WAIKOLOA - WAIKOLOA, HI
M
$401.03
HILTON WAIKOLOA VILLAGE - WAIKOLOA09/25/2017
Sep252017HILTON WAIKOLOA VILLAGE - WAIKOLOA
M
-$50.00
This is a snip from our bill last year - I can't "prove" from this that we were on points, but we were.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Also confirming that taxes, fees and other charges all count toward fulfilling the required spend.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Thanks, @Eujeanie, @GrjApp, and @Points Scrounger. ^
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
My $70 credit on my W-A all points stay just came through (it comes through as soon as the charge goes off pending). I love these deals.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Get a one-time $30 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $175+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with participating Hilton properties from 9/4/2018 to 10/31/2018. Book direct with Hilton. See terms for exclusions.
I'm new to Amex Offers. Is there any way to check that all terms were met and I should just wait for the refund? I see that others had their statement credit post literally the next day.
I had this HGI offer on an Amex Blue Cash card I rarely use, added it before my stay which ended on Oct 19, the 175$+ charge hit my card on Oct 20.
It was an Honors Semi-Flex rate at the HGI Long Island Queensboro. The list of participating locations is always a general link to the Hilton website in my opinion, so not really helpful.
In short: should I be worried that something went wrong and ask Amex?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
I'm new to Amex Offers. Is there any way to check that all terms were met and I should just wait for the refund? I see that others had their statement credit post literally the next day.
I had this HGI offer on an Amex Blue Cash card I rarely use, added it before my stay which ended on Oct 19, the 175$+ charge hit my card on Oct 20.
It was an Honors Semi-Flex rate at the HGI Long Island Queensboro. The list of participating locations is always a general link to the Hilton website in my opinion, so not really helpful.
In short: should I be worried that something went wrong and ask Amex?
I've never had a problem with these offers, so please forgive any obvious questions:

You're sure your amount was at least $175?

You're sure the offer was for a Hilton Garden Inn (and not a Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites - sometimes people get the "H" hotels mixed up).

Are you sure you used THAT card with THAT number (not even an authorized user on the same account, which will have a different number). It has to be the exact card you added the offer to.

Did you get an e-mail immediately that said something like "congratulations, you have used your Amex offer. If all terms are met you will get the credit" (or something along those lines)?

Then when the charge hits your credit card it is first in Pending...once it leaves Pending (usually 3 days or so), that's when you get the credit.
ChinaShrek and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I've never had a problem with these offers, so please forgive any obvious questions:

You're sure your amount was at least $175?

You're sure the offer was for a Hilton Garden Inn (and not a Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites - sometimes people get the "H" hotels mixed up).

Are you sure you used THAT card with THAT number (not even an authorized user on the same account, which will have a different number). It has to be the exact card you added the offer to.

Did you get an e-mail immediately that said something like "congratulations, you have used your Amex offer. If all terms are met you will get the credit" (or something along those lines)?

Then when the charge hits your credit card it is first in Pending...once it leaves Pending (usually 3 days or so), that's when you get the credit.
Thanks so much for your help, I do appreciate the questions since I am a bit lost with this.
(1) Amount charged was exactly $175.27 - YES
(2) It's the offer I quoted that others may have also had in their account. I even took a screenshot when I signed up for it and it said "Offer only valid at Hampton by Hilton™ and Hilton Garden Inn® in the US & US Territories." which the HGI Long Island should apply to - YES
(3) Yes, since that is actually the only Amex card I have currently - YES
(4) I did not get such an email. So something must have gone wrong. But I'm not sure what? - NO

Again, thanks for your help. I feel stupid asking these questions myself but somehow with Amex Offers I'm not getting the hang of it.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:13 am

Thanks so much for your help, I do appreciate the questions since I am a bit lost with this.
(2) It's the offer I quoted that others may have also had in their account. I even took a screenshot when I signed up for it and it said "Offer only valid at Hampton by Hilton™ and Hilton Garden Inn® in the US & US Territories." which the HGI Long Island should apply to - YES
(4) I did not get such an email. So something must have gone wrong. But I'm not sure what? - NO

Again, thanks for your help. I feel stupid asking these questions myself but somehow with Amex Offers I'm not getting the hang of it.
Don't know what to tell you, I guess you'll have to start calling. The only other possibility...are you sure you clicked on the offer and saw that it said "added to card"? Other possibility...are you sure the offer was for $175 and not, say, $200? (since it has expired we don't have it on our list anymore). Sorry you're having this problem.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: United Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Six Continents Spire, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold

I also did not get my offer paid on this one. I stayed at a Hampton Inn and paid $184,83. I know the offer had Hampton and HGI, and it was on my Blue Cash Preferred card.
I've had no issues with other offers, so looked at the small print on this one when it was not paid within a day or two like others usually are paid. It stated that booking had to be made at hamptoninn.com, or hiltongardeninn.com or through the app.
I usually book through the app, but on this occasion I booked at the Hilton Honors website - https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/index.html. I don't know if they do hold that strictly to their rules but that is the only reason I see why it would have not been paid. I've had no issues with other deals.
I don't have the details of that one any longer, but I have a Doubletree one now and it has the same type of strict wording that does not include the Hilton Honors website - "Reservations must be made online at doubletree.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667".
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by janner34
I also did not get my offer paid on this one. I stayed at a Hampton Inn and paid $184,83. I know the offer had Hampton and HGI, and it was on my Blue Cash Preferred card.
I've had no issues with other offers, so looked at the small print on this one when it was not paid within a day or two like others usually are paid. It stated that booking had to be made at hamptoninn.com, or hiltongardeninn.com or through the app.
I usually book through the app, but on this occasion I booked at the Hilton Honors website - https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/index.html. I don't know if they do hold that strictly to their rules but that is the only reason I see why it would have not been paid. I've had no issues with other deals.
I don't have the details of that one any longer, but I have a Doubletree one now and it has the same type of strict wording that does not include the Hilton Honors website - "Reservations must be made online at doubletree.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667".
That language is always there and I've never had a problem booking on the Hilton website (not the app), not the whateverspecifichotel.com website, and not the 800 # listed. There seems to be a glitch just with that particular offer for the HI/HGI. I would start the complaint process with Amex since it is their offer.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Agreed - at this point Amex needs to get involved.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Call Amex. As long as transaction shows up in your history, it will likely be resolved.

I recently ran into a similar issue. Turns out this particular Embassy in KS was not coded properly in Amex's system and hence did not register as a qualifying spend.
I found out when I called Amex customer support and they transferred me over to some Digital group. They in turn, researched this, and got back to me in 2-3 days, resolving the issue.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:24 pm

Thanks for everybody's helpful feedback!
This was my first time trying out Amex Offers. Interesting to see that others may have had the same issue. I will get Amex involved.
There are multiple more I have added to my card, even for an Autograph Collection hotel I am currently staying at. Let's hope those run more smoothly.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I believe I am encountering a similar problem with the current Hilton brand offer: the second qualifying set of charges did not trigger an announcement that I had appeared to fulfill the promotion, and it's now the day after the final charges posted and no credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.