Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AMEX Sync Offers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
It doesn't matter what rate you book - the offer is coming from Amex, so it's whatever you charge to your Amex card for the stay. Even if you stayed on points, if you had $250 worth of other charges (restaurants, parking, etc.) - just whatever is on your hotel bill that is charged to the correct Amex card (and be very careful if there is an authorized user on the card, because their number card will be different with Amex - it has to be the exact card that you clicked on the offer with).
This is a good reminder for everyone-I learned this the hard way and later set up a separate User ID for the authorized user cards,which also receive the the Sync offers
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:52 am

It doesn't matter what rate you book - the offer is coming from Amex, so it's whatever you charge to your Amex card for the stay. Even if you stayed on points, if you had $250 worth of other charges (restaurants, parking, etc.) - just whatever is on your hotel bill that is charged to the correct Amex card (and be very careful if there is an authorized user on the card, because their number card will be different with Amex - it has to be the exact card that you clicked on the offer with).
Thanks Eujeanie for clariification.

I also have couple more questions. To book the hotel the correct way I must
a) log into my Aspire account then click redeem to take me to the hilton.com to book the room or can just go directly to hilton.com to make reservation.
b) Does it matter which way I use to book ( question a) to book as long as I book my hotel stay at any hilton hotel.
c) How long you normally see the credit apply to your account after you complete your hotel stay
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Thanks Eujeanie for clariification.

I also have couple more questions. To book the hotel the correct way I must
a) log into my Aspire account then click redeem to take me to the hilton.com to book the room or can just go directly to hilton.com to make reservation.
b) Does it matter which way I use to book ( question a) to book as long as I book my hotel stay at any hilton hotel.
c) How long you normally see the credit apply to your account after you complete your hotel stay
First you must click on the offer in your Amex account. Do it right away since sometimes they are capacity controlled and you might miss out.

Then make the reservation through Hilton.com (no 3rd parties).

Once you hit the spend (and it can take more than one stay) it will appear on your next Amex statement. You should get an e-mail notification right away that you "redeemed your offer" (or something like that) but you'll get the deduction on your Amex statement.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yes
- Thank you! I did this before using SPG offer - no problem. Now I will go a little off my way to log in a second Hilton stay (ironically, instead of Double Tree) to get over $250 in spending.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:55 pm

First you must click on the offer in your Amex account. Do it right away since sometimes they are capacity controlled and you might miss out.

Then make the reservation through Hilton.com (no 3rd parties).

Once you hit the spend (and it can take more than one stay) it will appear on your next Amex statement. You should get an e-mail notification right away that you "redeemed your offer" (or something like that) but you'll get the deduction on your Amex statement.
Just last question, currently Hilton has The World Sale 35% off , Will I am able to select the cheapest rate on that. it seem when I redeem on AMEX page, it take me to the regular pricing showing on Hilton.com , I do not see the special Flash sale rate. I wonder if I it is O.K to book hotel room using lised on the (http://www3.hilton.com/en/index.html) or the flash sale rate (http://apac.hilton.com/flashsale). Will the flash sale rate qualify to get the $45 credit
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Just last question, currently Hilton has The World Sale 35% off , Will I am able to select the cheapest rate on that. it seem when I redeem on AMEX page, it take me to the regular pricing showing on Hilton.com , I do not see the special Flash sale rate. I wonder if I it is O.K to book hotel room using lised on the (Hilton Hotels and Resorts - Find Hotel Rooms) or the flash sale rate (SEE THE WORLD SALE 35% OFF* | Hilton Hotel Deals). Will the flash sale rate qualify to get the $45 credit
i just asked Lauren and the answer is the See the World Sale is a prepaid rate which does not qualify for the Amex credit.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Just last question, currently Hilton has The World Sale 35% off , Will I am able to select the cheapest rate on that. it seem when I redeem on AMEX page, it take me to the regular pricing showing on Hilton.com , I do not see the special Flash sale rate. I wonder if I it is O.K to book hotel room using lised on the (Hilton Hotels and Resorts - Find Hotel Rooms) or the flash sale rate (SEE THE WORLD SALE 35% OFF* | Hilton Hotel Deals). Will the flash sale rate qualify to get the $45 credit
I have no idea. I believe that sale is a non-refundable rate? I don't do those, but I recall someone above said they got the credit the minute they booked a non-refundable rate.

I basically believe that since the $45 credit comes from Amex (and not Hilton), that all they care about is that you have a Hilton-coded charge made to your Amex card.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The charge must be from a Hilton property! Advance Purchases are handled by a central Hilton location that is not qualifying.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The charge must be from a Hilton property! Advance Purchases are handled by a central Hilton location that is not qualifying.
Are you speaking from experience on this? The T&C do not state that an advance purchase will not qualify, and I'm not sure I understand your point. The funds for an advance purchase certainly go to the merchant, and although it may go indirectly through Hilton corporate, I would be surprised if Amex enforces the T&C this way.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
AP bookings go to the merchant behind the scenes from Hilton Central, ending up as a credit on one's stay. AMEX looks at where the charge comes from (how it's put through). I no longer have access to the T&C, but those rates have consistently been excluded in past similar promos.

Non-refundable rates that are merchanted (no, it's not real word ... yet) by an individual property should be okay.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
The T&C do not state that an advance purchase will not qualify
Yes they do.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see the $250 offer in my aspire card account, I like to know when booking the room at Hilton.com, does it matter which room rate type ( ie Hilton honor rate, flexible rate or flash rate) to qualify for this $45 credit . Can someone please clarify for me to understand, I am new and just begin to learn . Thank you
Any rate on Hilton.com that is paid at the hotel (and that you qualify for) qualifies.

Any rate which is prepaid (advance purchase), which includes any Flash Sale rate, is not likely to qualify, since Amex central (rather than hotel itself) is often listed as the payee when you do a prepaid rate, and purchase from Amex central don't qualify for Amex promos. (It may depend on the country the hotel is in, I'm not sure; preapid rates definitely don't qualify for hotels in the USA.)
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
That sucks, I was going to book a 2 night stay but it requires 1 night deposit.... So the central booking for the 1 night deposit will be an issue? Also, does billing in USD matter or is it only for US properties? Was hoping that we could do this at the Hilton Rose Hall.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This does not sound like the advance purchase rate that is not qualifying. This sounds as though the hotel is reserving the right to charge you for the first night, whether you show up or not.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:50 pm

I am ready to book my hotel stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur. In regarding of the $250 charge to the hotel bill at check out so that I can get $45 refund credit from Amex , And I am a little confuse because I am not sure whether $250 including the tax portion of the room rate or not .Can someone who know about this deal and has successfully get refund from Amex please clarify it.

By the way, does it matter if I make a reservation in my husband name and pay with the credit card in my name which has the offer $45 credit attached .Thank you

Last edited by vnfilm1; Mar 28, 2018 at 9:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.