Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AMEX Sync Offers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I still have no idea since the charge just cleared...I can't remember, if you trigger the offer, is it on the first go round...in other words, if it's a "spend $250" and you don't at the first hotel, will you get the Amex e-mail saying you got the offer? Or will it wait until you completely fulfill (reach $250) before it says you got the offer?
i believe you have to wait for 250 in changes to post
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The confusing issue I have run across with that aspect is when the Congratulations! email pops up based on their adding incidentals to the hold pushing the total over the qualifying minimum.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Filter your list of offers. When I looked at all 54 or whatever of my total offers, this one was not in the list. But when I filtered on Travel, it showed up.

Wish I had that 10k per $3k offer...
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have the offer for $45 off $250 in Hawaii room rate and room charges offer on both my Aspire and my AMEX Hilton business card.

Here is my question. I have a two night stay booked at the Hilton Waikiki in April.

Base room rate is about $200 per night, plus about $56 in taxes, so it is showing as $456 total for the two stays.

Here's my question.

If I make $44 in F&B spend during my stay and my total hotel bill is $500, can I ask them to put $250 on one card and $250 on the other card and get a total of $90 ($45 + $45) off the bill?

Or will it not count as two $250 spends because some of it is taxes? Does the "room charge and room rate only" restriction exclude taxes?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If you can succeed in adding the offer to each card, then split it! However, my impression is that when you add it to one, it's no longer available for another; so, be careful which card you try first.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
If you can succeed in adding the offer to each card, then split it! However, my impression is that when you add it to one, it's no longer available for another; so, be careful which card you try first.
In order to avoid that, a good trick is open an additional tab for each card in the same account and then add the offer.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by fedechat
In order to avoid that, a good trick is open an additional tab for each card in the same account and then add the offer.
Interesting. I've added it to both cards. It shows in my online account as added to both cards. However, the terms and conditions have this ominous language:

"Limit 1 statement credit per American Express® online account. "

Maybe that means I can't get the $45 credit on each card. I'll try it next month and report back.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I have two questions about the recent Hilton offer that then triggers the Doubletree:

1) How soon after hitting the Hilton spend did the Doubletree offer appear? (after the qualifying stay, or after the bill hit your Amex account, or after you PAID your Amex account?)

2) What was the expiration date on the Doubletree offer? (Same April 30 as the original Hilton offer, or later since you might only qualify at the end of April?)
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BA
I have two questions about the recent Hilton offer that then triggers the Doubletree:

1) How soon after hitting the Hilton spend did the Doubletree offer appear? (after the qualifying stay, or after the bill hit your Amex account, or after you PAID your Amex account?)

2) What was the expiration date on the Doubletree offer? (Same April 30 as the original Hilton offer, or later since you might only qualify at the end of April?)
1. At checkin, when the charge showed on my account.

2. May 31st
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by cristo

1. At checkin, when the charge showed on my account.

2. May 31st
Perfect on both counts! Thank you!
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
I still have no idea since the charge just cleared...I can't remember, if you trigger the offer, is it on the first go round...in other words, if it's a "spend $250" and you don't at the first hotel, will you get the Amex e-mail saying you got the offer? Or will it wait until you completely fulfill (reach $250) before it says you got the offer?
- I did read the terms and conditions and nowhere I see the requirement of charging $250 at once. Does this mean that 2 separate charges of ca. $150 at Hilton would trigger this offer?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_I
- I did read the terms and conditions and nowhere I see the requirement of charging $250 at once. Does this mean that 2 separate charges of ca. $150 at Hilton would trigger this offer?
I've done that a couple of times in the past with no problems. It must be on the same card to reach the $250 threshold, obviously.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alex_I
Yes
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:45 am

I see the $250 offer in my aspire card account, I like to know when booking the room at Hilton.com, does it matter which room rate type ( ie Hilton honor rate, flexible rate or flash rate) to qualify for this $45 credit . Can someone please clarify for me to understand, I am new and just begin to learn . Thank you
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:05 am

It doesn't matter what rate you book - the offer is coming from Amex, so it's whatever you charge to your Amex card for the stay. Even if you stayed on points, if you had $250 worth of other charges (restaurants, parking, etc.) - just whatever is on your hotel bill that is charged to the correct Amex card (and be very careful if there is an authorized user on the card, because their number card will be different with Amex - it has to be the exact card that you clicked on the offer with).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.