Wiki Posts
Search

New AMEX Sync Offers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Unfortunately, these offers are far more common on my Platinum card than Hilton one.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Unfortunately, these offers are far more common on my Platinum card than Hilton one.
I have the Hiltons in Hawaii and the WA/Conrad ones on my Ascend.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
The pasted offers below were on my Platinum card. There was also a WA/Conrad one ($500/$100?) on both that and my Hilton card.

Spend $250 or more, get $50 back

Homewood Suites & Home2 Suites by Hilton

EXPIRES

5/31/2019
----------------------------

Spend $175 or more, get $30 back

Hilton Garden Inn

EXPIRES

6/30/2019

--------------------------------
Spend $225 or more, get $45 back

DoubleTree by Hilton

EXPIRES

5/31/2019
--------------------------------
HILTON brand only!

Spend $250 or more, get $50 back

Hilton Hotels & Resorts

EXPIRES

5/30/2019
These are now all on my Ascend too.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:30 pm

The pasted offers below were on my Platinum card. There was also a WA/Conrad one ($500/$100?) on both that and my Hilton card.
Thank you for the heads up! I check my offers and these must have shown up very recently. I have a $400 stay at a Homewood on Saturday. Props to you, sir (or madam).
FWIW, the WA/Conrad and Hilton offers were on my Amex Zync card (the "unicorn" card) and the Homewood was on my Hilton Ascend.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I came here to see whether anyone knew about the Doubletree offer as well? Seems a bit cheap of them not to make this credit an even $50 for 20%.
I have the DT offer on all of my cards, spend $225, get $45 back.

I've got an interesting dilemma, I know what we're going to do, just wondering if others do the same....in order to get to the spend, we would have to have dinner at the hotel. We ordinarily would not eat at the hotel, but to get the discount we have to.

Would you forego $50 to eat someplace more interesting, or would you eat at the hotel to get the $50 off?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'd eat at the hotel, on AMEX.
san888 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:28 am

I'd eat at the hotel, on AMEX.
That's what we were planning. It's just one meal out of your life. I like saving money.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Does anyone know if the it has to be a single charge on the Amex card (say above $250 for the Hilton hotels offer), or will multiple charges that add up to the offer amount work?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Does anyone know if the it has to be a single charge on the Amex card (say above $250 for the Hilton hotels offer), or will multiple charges that add up to the offer amount work?
I've had them work with multiple stays.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I've had them work with multiple stays.
Thank you!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Wow I haven’t had any Amex Hilton offers recently but I have them for all properties right now. Guess it’s time to do a bit of travel.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:52 am

Well I just had an annoying experience.

Got an e-mail "name, personalized offers just for you" and included was one that I had never seen, that I would have/could have used. I clicked on it, which brought me to the Amex sign-in page, and once I did that it was no where to be found! Checked all 4 of our Amex accounts, checked to make sure I hadn't added it already and forgotten about it, but nothing. Of course it would have been too late to use it, since I just purchased theater tickets a week ago (it was for Telecharge, spend $75 get $15 back) but why was it in this e-mail and not attached to any of our accounts?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Well I just had an annoying experience.

Got an e-mail "name, personalized offers just for you" and included was one that I had never seen, that I would have/could have used. I clicked on it, which brought me to the Amex sign-in page, and once I did that it was no where to be found! Checked all 4 of our Amex accounts, checked to make sure I hadn't added it already and forgotten about it, but nothing. Of course it would have been too late to use it, since I just purchased theater tickets a week ago (it was for Telecharge, spend $75 get $15 back) but why was it in this e-mail and not attached to any of our accounts?
I can see that offer on both the app and online. Online there is a Refine By filter at the top of the list, which I think defaults to All Offers, but is that filter set to something else?

At the bottom of the terms for this offer is this line: "By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer".

Does anything show up in the Savings tab? If you did charge through Telecharge on AMEX you might want to chat with AMEX to see if they can explain why it doesn't appear in the Available or Added list of offers.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
I can see that offer on both the app and online. Online there is a Refine By filter at the top of the list, which I think defaults to All Offers, but is that filter set to something else?

At the bottom of the terms for this offer is this line: "By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer".

Does anything show up in the Savings tab? If you did charge through Telecharge on AMEX you might want to chat with AMEX to see if they can explain why it doesn't appear in the Available or Added list of offers.
Filters are set to All, but I did notice one other offer in the e-mail that was not in the account besides Telecharge - I also don't have Le Pain Quotidien listed. And under Savings is just the offer that I did redeem recently.

I dread calling Amex because I'm sure they won't have any idea what I'm talking about, but maybe I'll give that a try.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Filters are set to All, but I did notice one other offer in the e-mail that was not in the account besides Telecharge - I also don't have Le Pain Quotidien listed. And under Savings is just the offer that I did redeem recently.

I dread calling Amex because I'm sure they won't have any idea what I'm talking about, but maybe I'll give that a try.

I've had good luck with both calling AMEX and the chat feature (some patience is required) to sort out a variety of issues. One I chatted on was the Resort Fee reimbursement that was resolved within 5 mins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.