Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Latest Update to T&Cs: 5th Night Free

Old Oct 13, 17, 11:13 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by gnggng View Post
I am a gold member and recently booked a 5 night stay in Vienna. I was charged 195000 points. After reading of the changes in terms I went back to look at mine.
Aug 23rd 50000, 24th, 50000, 25th, 49000, 25th, 41000 with 5th night at 49000 which should be deducted. This is for a K double with city view.

If I go in to try to rebook for the span from Aug 23rd to Aug 28th it shows 50000 per night. The only way I can see individual prices for the nights is to put the dates in one at a time since I choose a King City View room. Choosing flexible dates gives me even lower points per night, but I think that's because it is for the lowest points room.

Anyone else had a problem with this, and how do I get the correct points deducted from account?
Shouldn't you have been charged 239,000 x 80% = 191,200 points instead of 195,000?
Old Oct 14, 17, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise View Post
Shouldn't you have been charged 239,000 x 80% = 191,200 points instead of 195,000?
Well, yes, but Hilton changed the rules (and in its Darth Vader voice, suggests we pray it does not change them again).

The next question, which I would not pursue if I were in gnggng's shoes, is why the charge was 195,000 points rather than 200,000 (80% * 50,000 * 5), which would be in accordance with the new rules as I understand them (all nights get charged the maximum, and the fifth night is free).
Old Oct 14, 17, 5:28 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Hilton padding points = 5th night not free??!!

Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton

Looking at dates individually
27K + 27K +27K + 32K + 35K
or 113K total + final night free...?

Making 5-night reservation same dates
states 128K total + 1 night free

Phone supervisor says cost affected
by length of reservation but looks like
padding to me!!! to cover free night...???

Is that the way it is?!
Thanks -- any advice appreciated by this novice...
Old Oct 14, 17, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Old Oct 15, 17, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative View Post
Weíre making it a little easier for our Silver, Gold and Diamond members to see how many Points they need when booking a Standard Room Reward stay for five nights or more. As many of you know, when you used to book a reward stay of five nights or more, the 5th Night Free benefit was shown as a discount to Standard Room Reward stays of 5 or more nights. The total discount was equal to the average nightly Point price for the stay dates and was then divided across all nights of the stay.

Going forward, Elite members will now see every 5th night of a Standard Room Reward stay will now be discounted to 0 Points, up to 4 free nights per stay. All other nights of the stay will be charged the applicable full Standard Room Reward price.
Then you need to edit or delete the legacy page showing the old method of calculating the amount of the benefit: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...e-example.html
traacs likes this.
Old Nov 9, 17, 8:41 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
If I have 5 consecutive 1-night reservations each one for standard room at the standard number of points for that property (based on old chart), can I merge the 5 reservations into a 5-night reservation and therefore get the 5th night free and one night's worth of points refunded to my account?

The reason I cannot make a new reservation for 5 nights is because the standard room awards are long gone, which is why I had to make multiple 1-night bookings in the first place.

If it is not possible to merge existing reservations to get points refunded, then can I cancel all 5 reservations, therefore making one standard room available once again, and instantly re-book?
Old Nov 9, 17, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
Originally Posted by Mileometer View Post
Just added the Capital Hotel DC to the blog as an example - same thing appears to be happening. This time a 26%+ increase in cost of a 5 night award.
In that case, the 5 night award costs more than the 5 nights individually.
Old Nov 10, 17, 9:01 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (airline status-free leisure traveler), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
If I have 5 consecutive 1-night reservations each one for standard room at the standard number of points for that property (based on old chart), can I merge the 5 reservations into a 5-night reservation and therefore get the 5th night free and one night's worth of points refunded to my account?

The reason I cannot make a new reservation for 5 nights is because the standard room awards are long gone, which is why I had to make multiple 1-night bookings in the first place.

If it is not possible to merge existing reservations to get points refunded, then can I cancel all 5 reservations, therefore making one standard room available once again, and instantly re-book?
What you are asking for certainly seems fair! I see that you are a Diamond. I would call the Diamond Desk to help you out.

Hilton's IT is too fragile for you to try changing your reservations yourself. It might get messed up.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: