Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Latest Update to T&Cs: 5th Night Free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latest Update to T&Cs: 5th Night Free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Duke787
I'm surprised none of the blogs have picked up on this, at least not that I've seen (maybe I missed it)
YUP, you missed it. See VFTW.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by jrx
For something aimed at "reducing confusion," this is a disaster. HonorsRepresentative needs to come back and spell this out in very clear language.
Let's be fair and say what HonorsRepresentative can't say. HonorsRepresentative tries hard to help us and resolve concerns, but has to work with what she is given. And this is not her decision to make any changes to the program. She is just the messenger and the mediator. Hilton markets all "enhancements" as better and the "reducing confusion" language used to describe this was clearly the way Hilton wanted HonorsRepresentative to explain this.
amanuensis and Coathanger like this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:18 am

Did Hilton Honors Lie To Members Or Is Something Else Going On?
http://www.travelingformiles.com/did...else-going-on/
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Sometimes it works:

Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Garden Inn Key West / The Keys Collection
Rate Details STANDARD ROOM REWARD
Standard Room Rewards allow Hilton Honors members to use points to book free standard rooms.
Room: 1 KING BED WITH SOFABED
Adults: 1
Children: 0

DATE

(USD)

07 Nov 2017 54,000 points
08 Nov 2017 * 60,000 points
09 Nov 2017 * 60,000 points
10 Nov 2017 * 60,000 points
11 Nov 2017 * 0 points
Room Subtotal 234,000 points
Total for stay 234,000 points

When not logged in the fifth night is 60,000 and the total is 294,000.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by travisw
Did Hilton Honors Lie To Members Or Is Something Else Going On?
http://www.travelingformiles.com/did...else-going-on/
Individual nights and a multiple night stays having different rates is a problem that existed long before the new (or even old) fifth night free policy.

People are just selectively attributing this issue to a new policy that probably has nothing to do with it.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:41 am

5th Night Free change

With this being announced, anyone know if it applies retroactively?

https://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2017...ally-free.html

I've got a reward stay coming up in Feb. for the Embassay Suites Waikiki Beach, but there were only Accessibility rooms available, and I'm a bit leery of cancelling/rebooking since there's no rooms available now (for using points), according to the Hilton website for 2/14/18-2/19/18.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There is another thread on this subject.

You'd be crazy to cancel your reservation and if you have status you already received a 20% discount roughly equivalent to the fifth night free.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by hurnik

I've got a reward stay coming up in Feb. for the Embassay Suites Waikiki Beach, but there were only Accessibility rooms available, and I'm a bit leery of cancelling/rebooking since there's no rooms available now (for using points), according to the Hilton website for 2/14/18-2/19/18.
They aren't going to charge you more points or give you points back on an existing reservation because the policy changed.

It works the same way as any cash or points stay - what you paid when you booked is locked in.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hurnik

Wouldn't be concerned with them asking for additional add/collect after the fact.

I also wouldn't bother canceling/re-booking. Unless the property is 100% occupied, most will move you out of the accessible room when you arrive, just note it was the only thing available but you don't want to take it away from anyone who legitimately needs it during your stay and you'd like to be accommodated in a standard King/Queen/Double if available.
hurnik likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Wouldn't be concerned with them asking for additional add/collect after the fact.

I also wouldn't bother canceling/re-booking. Unless the property is 100% occupied, most will move you out of the accessible room when you arrive, just note it was the only thing available but you don't want to take it away from anyone who legitimately needs it during your stay and you'd like to be accommodated in a standard King/Queen/Double if available.
Thanks! Will keep things as-is, don't want to risk losing anything. Will probably call the Embassy 2-3 weeks before arrival to request room location and explain the accessible room situation (I have no problems letting someone else have the room).
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles
Overcharged points on 5th night free

I am a gold member and recently booked a 5 night stay in Vienna. I was charged 195000 points. After reading of the changes in terms I went back to look at mine.
Aug 23rd 50000, 24th, 50000, 25th, 49000, 25th, 41000 with 5th night at 49000 which should be deducted. This is for a K double with city view.

If I go in to try to rebook for the span from Aug 23rd to Aug 28th it shows 50000 per night. The only way I can see individual prices for the nights is to put the dates in one at a time since I choose a King City View room. Choosing flexible dates gives me even lower points per night, but I think that's because it is for the lowest points room.

Anyone else had a problem with this, and how do I get the correct points deducted from account?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:43 pm

I also have a question about the discussion above. How are you able to see rates for a five night span if not logged in? It brings me to the login screen saying you have chosen an honors rate.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by gnggng
I am a gold member and recently booked a 5 night stay in Vienna. I was charged 195000 points. After reading of the changes in terms I went back to look at mine.
Aug 23rd 50000, 24th, 50000, 25th, 49000, 25th, 41000 with 5th night at 49000 which should be deducted. This is for a K double with city view.

If I go in to try to rebook for the span from Aug 23rd to Aug 28th it shows 50000 per night. The only way I can see individual prices for the nights is to put the dates in one at a time since I choose a King City View room. Choosing flexible dates gives me even lower points per night, but I think that's because it is for the lowest points room.

Anyone else had a problem with this, and how do I get the correct points deducted from account?
You are stuck, Hilton charges different rates for individual nights vs. a multiple night stay using points or cash.

I once booked a stay where the total cash price went up if I booked less nights.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
You are stuck, Hilton charges different rates for individual nights vs. a multiple night stay using points or cash.

I once booked a stay where the total cash price went up if I booked less nights.
Thanks for the reply, but WOW. What a wonky way to do business.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gnggng
Thanks for the reply, but WOW. What a wonky way to do business.
Emphatically, yes. At least, wonky that this is presented as something other than another devaluation. Sometimes, I think that the executives who direct this sort of thing believe their customers are idiots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.