Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:56 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
We have two upcoming bookings at the London NYC, one of them is in a new room type: One bedroom suite with 2 Queens. We're paying cash, but it looks like the 2 Queen Suites are also priced as a Standard Award redemption, which is an option we appreciate.

I wasn't sure how they would fit two queens in their standard suites, but from the updated photos, it looks like they're swapping the living/bedroom spaces. Now it looks like the beds are in the rooms with the bay windows and the living room is in the rectangular room. I'd be curious to see how they're going to rearrange the entrance and bathroom layouts.
Please report back on how it went.

Anyone know if they have set a date for the relaunch?
Will be in NY early July and trying to decide between here and the Conrad.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by soy
Please report back on how it went.

Anyone know if they have set a date for the relaunch?
Will be in NY early July and trying to decide between here and the Conrad.
The London called me to let me know that renovations were running a little behind and they moved our early April stay to the Hilton Midtown across the street. During our stay, I walked past the London NYC to check things out, and the Lobby and Restaurant still looked like they were under heavy construction.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
The London called me to let me know that renovations were running a little behind and they moved our early April stay to the Hilton Midtown across the street.
Wow that's a big downgrade IMHO quality wise and crowds/hotel size wise. Why would they need to move you if some of the rooms have already been renovated? Or was the lobby and the restaurant that important to you during your stay? Did you just get a reimbursement of the points difference or did they offer something in addition for the downgrade?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
Wow that's a big downgrade IMHO quality wise and crowds/hotel size wise. Why would they need to move you if some of the rooms have already been renovated? Or was the lobby and the restaurant that important to you during your stay? Did you just get a reimbursement of the points difference or did they offer something in addition for the downgrade?

I agree that is a pretty big downgrade especially considering that is a Hilton property I avoid in NYC. I would be pretty annoyed.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:07 pm

The London NYC team was actually pretty great in giving me a heads-up and compensating us for the inconvenience. They were waiting for the renovated rooms to be "released", but since they weren't ready, I guess they didn't have the space.

It was also going to be a paid stay. In addition to cancelling our London NYC reservation, they covered our room and taxes at the Hilton Midtown. It still would have been nice to stay in a suite, but a free week in NYC was appreciated.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

@Bicoastal Yokel...that sounds like a more than acceptable solution offered by The London NYC.
Mike B likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:13 am

@Bicoastal Yokel...that sounds like a more than acceptable solution offered by The London NYC.
I know it was a special situation, but it was also encouraging to see how responsive and communicative the staff was, compared to how it was a year and a half ago. I'm hoping this level of attentiveness and hospitality is indicative of what we can expect with the Conrad transformation.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I know it was a special situation, but it was also encouraging to see how responsive and communicative the staff was, compared to how it was a year and a half ago. I'm hoping this level of attentiveness and hospitality is indicative of what we can expect with the Conrad transformation.
You never mentioned in your first post when you said you were moved that they comped the whole stay. That was a nice gesture.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
You never mentioned in your first post when you said you were moved that they comped the whole stay. That was a nice gesture.
It definitely was appreciated. I wasn't complaining in that first post, I was just trying to provide a status update on the renovation, and didn't think to post about the comp until other posters asked about the "downgrade".
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:29 am
formerly ssw207

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
Just received notification with less than 48 hours prior to arrival from London NYC to relocate me to The Edition Times Square, Times Square view king room.

Edit: The credit card issuer confused this "pending" transaction (which doesn't exist at all) with another Hilton stay a few days ago with a very similar numerical amount but in another currency. Therefore it lead to confusion that I was charged already for the NYC stay. NYC London confirmed they are covering the expenses at The Edition and they replied quickly to ensure everything is in order. Apologies for confusion caused to all.

Last edited by ffs852; Apr 14, 2019 at 6:47 am Reason: Update
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ffs852
Just received notification with less than 48 hours prior to arrival from London NYC to relocate me to The Edition Times Square, Times Square view king room.

My booking rate for the London NYC was USD$2835 inclusive of taxes, the rate at The Edition is only USD$2306 and they said they will "take care of the room and taxes" meanwhile making a handsome profit of US$529 just by rebooking.

Absolutely disappointed.
Looking at the example above, The London will fully refund you AND pay your Edition stay.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:48 am
formerly ssw207

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
Originally Posted by Raffles

Looking at the example above, The London will fully refund you AND pay your Edition stay.
Yes - post corrected above as well.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles

I would not assume the exact same resolution since the above was from a Hilton property to a Hilton property and they are being changed to the Edition which has a Marriott association.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I would not assume the exact same resolution since the above was from a Hilton property to a Hilton property and they are being changed to the Edition which has a Marriott association.
It seems you missed this . . .
Originally Posted by ffs852
The credit card issuer confused this "pending" transaction (which doesn't exist at all) with another Hilton stay a few days ago with a very similar numerical amount but in another currency. Therefore it lead to confusion that I was charged already for the NYC stay. NYC London confirmed they are covering the expenses at The Edition and they replied quickly to ensure everything is in order. Apologies for confusion caused to all.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
It seems you missed this . . .
I guess I did! Was a bit of a confusing read so apologies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.