Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TommyLACA
Just based on the numerous reviews on The London from FT or Tripadvisor, one doesn't get the impression that this particular hotel is up to the Conrad level of service. Their web site doesn't even bare the name Conrad. I"m going to tweet my question to Hilton and see if I could get someone to respond.
The lack of Conrad branding is intentional. While Hilton has already assumed management of the hotel, they will not re-flag it until the physical plant has been renovated and service levels altered to meet the Conrad standard. The rebranding is planned for Spring 2019.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Just a quick update for those tracking - did receive a Diamond upgrade when we arrived, but only after asking about the possibility (which seems to be a theme in my short stint as a Diamond thus far). We had to go down from a room on 52nd floor facing south to one on the 40th floor facing north, but the views are very much worth it.

I can't speak to how the property compares to other Conrads, but I've found the service to be quite good, and the room size/luxury is pretty stellar as New York goes. It's been far better than our last stay at the Waldorf, though that's maybe not apples to apples.

Only knock is the breakfast setup - as others have noted, the fact that even Diamonds don't get comped the full breakfast is a little ticky-tack. Plus, there is literally no universe in which this buffet is worth 38 bucks. I'd take the spread at the Hilton Midtown, which at least has a good variety of items. There is no bacon and eggs worth $38.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by TommyLACA
Just based on the numerous reviews on The London from FT or Tripadvisor, one doesn't get the impression that this particular hotel is up to the Conrad level of service. Their web site doesn't even bare the name Conrad. I"m going to tweet my question to Hilton and see if I could get someone to respond.
I set the Conrad standard pretty low domestically - IME the Conrad New York is terrible service-wise and the Conrad Chicago is just awful from both the hard and soft product perspective, so I just don't have my hopes up for this property either even if it becomes a Conrad.

Originally Posted by jaymay
Only knock is the breakfast setup - as others have noted, the fact that even Diamonds don't get comped the full breakfast is a little ticky-tack. Plus, there is literally no universe in which this buffet is worth 38 bucks. I'd take the spread at the Hilton Midtown, which at least has a good variety of items. There is no bacon and eggs worth $38.
Similar situation with breakfast at the Conrad Chicago when I stayed there, where the Diamond credit didn't even cover most breakfast dishes on the menu - not even getting to adding a coffee or juice! Agree that it feels very nickel-and-dime-y.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Just complete a stay that was booked for a special weekend away via FHR. Im also Good and will be Diamond on stays soon. Overall hotel would be best as an Embassy Suites as is. Worst Hilton property Ive stayed at in a long time.

- front desk is rude, no status acknowledgement, no FHR acknowledgement
- minibar and amenities not stocked. No free water.
- room is beyond tired. Everything is chipped, stained and battered. I stayed at a Hampton inn last week that was far nicer
- AC roars. Its ridiculously loud.
- room smells damp and like pee
- the remedial touch ups around he room are amateur
- bathroom is disgusting. Filthy cracked shower tiles
- bed is not comfortable.

Weve stayed in a fair fre Conrads including downtown and this is just an embarrassment to the brand and to FHR. Theres nothing luxury at all about this. If you find a great rate then fair enough. I didnt, bought as a treat and had expectations sorely not met. Avoid if you possibly can.

Last edited by rrrrrich; Apr 15, 2018 at 7:33 am
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rrrrrich
Just complete a stay that was booked for a special weekend away via FHR. I’m also Good and will be Diamond on stays soon. Overall hotel would be best as an Embassy Suites as is. Worst Hilton property I’ve stayed at in a long time.

- front desk is rude, no status acknowledgement, no FHR acknowledgement
- minibar and amenities not stocked. No free water.
- room is beyond tired. Everything is chipped, stained and battered. I stayed at a Hampton inn last week that was far nicer
- AC roars. It’s ridiculously loud.
- room smells damp and like pee
- the remedial touch ups around he room are amateur
- bathroom is disgusting. Filthy cracked shower tiles
- bed is not comfortable.

Weve stayed in a fair fre Conrads including downtown and this is just an embarrassment to the brand and to FHR. There’s nothing luxury at all about this. If you find a great rate then fair enough. I didn’t, bought as a treat and had expectations sorely not met. Avoid if you possibly can.
I’ve stayed here three times since they joined the Hilton Honors program, and have slowly noticed things getting a little better. Still, in no way should anyone expect an actual Conrad experience here until after the renovations and rebranding. Their biggest assets for now are still location and real suites.

Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
I think as a business hotel, it's fine. Putting it out as being a 'luxury' hotel is so far from the reality though. I spoke to the Manager and he proactively offered to comp our entire stay. A good gesture but it also turned out they had also downgraded our room at check in and not told us. So I guess this hotel in its current state works for some but at the rates they charge and the overall, they should be branding this right now as an Embassy Suites.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
So I guess this hotel in its current state works for some but at the rates they charge and the overall, they should be branding this right now as an Embassy Suites.
And while they're at it, they should also rebrand the NY Midtown Embassy Suites, since they don't actually have real suites.

Hilton's upmarket offerings in NY are pretty sad right now, but hopefully with the return of the WA and the transition of the London to the "Conrad New York Midtown", things will improve.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
no FHR acknowledgement
Sorry to hear about your poor experience.

I hope you've complained to AMEX. This property should not be offered through FHR.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Thumbs down The London NYC (A Conrad? lol)

This is by far the worst Conrad in the World.
Conrad Hilton must be spinning in his grave.
I'm a Hilton Gold Honors member, been one for many years, I even spent a few as a Diamond member.
Where to start?
Let's start with the price, my room was over $450 for one night stay including taxes. Average for a nice room in the city
I used to stay here when it was a Rhiga Royal
It's not what it used to be and it's definitely not what it could be.
The place needs a serious make-over.
The furniture and walls and moldings are full of dents and divots.
There are noticeable crumbs and hairs on the sofa.
The towels are ragged. Very few reminders of the hotel's much better days.
The Fitness center had loads of broken equipment.
Front Desk doesn't answer the phone at all hours, it rings for a few minutes and then disconnects
Housekeeping has Do Not Disturb when you call them.
We had to wait over an hour for a blanket.
As a Gold you usually get free breakfast or points. The offering was very generous at $30 per person. The breakfast was very good, the manager was a gem. He went above and beyond to accommodate.
That was the one good thing, it goes downhill from here.
The room I booked on the Hilton app wasn't ready so they assigned another room. What a dump! Tired and beat up best describes the room. Furniture was old and stained as was the carpet, found out later it was soaking wet when I stepped in it with socks on. Desk was dirty and well worn. Some lights did not operate and the TV would not turn off.
This is a Conrad Hotel and supposed to be the best of the best.
It's just a Con
After my discoveries I tried to change rooms but was told they were completely booked up, which was a blatant lie. I checked with my Hilton app and they were still selling rooms, pretty bold move when you're all booked up???
I've been told they are going to renovate.
Never welcomed as a Honors member
No water offered or in room, I forgot to ask
Never offered an upgrade, don't expect one. They do usually apologize that one is not available.
My best advice is to avoid at all costs until they do.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
This is by far the worst Conrad in the World.
This is a Conrad Hotel and supposed to be the best of the best.
I don't believe it has yet been reflagged as a Conrad even though it is now participating in HHonors: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...c-us-ny-6.html

The place needs a serious make-over.
It's due for renovation prior to the rebranding.

Front Desk doesn't answer the phone at all hours, it rings for a few minutes and then disconnects
So they never answer at *any* time? What did the FD staff give as an explanation when you confronted them about this?

Housekeeping has Do Not Disturb when you call them.
How many times did you call them? Again, what did the FD staff say about this?

I've been told they are going to renovate.
It sounds like you didn't know what the status of the property was prior to booking. It's odd that an FTer with >5K posts would not check the property specific thread and even if you'd only checked TripAdvisor reviews you should have realised what was going on there.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:11 pm

So this is off topic and might be construed as ad hominem (sorry, not my intention), but I always notice on FT and other forums there is this small subset of people who hit return after every sentence. Is this an artifact of learning to type on a typewriter or what? It's been a long time since I used one, but I only remember hitting the carriage return after a paragraph, just as one would in a modern word processor or online forum engine. Curious.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typewriter! 😂😂😂 oh thats very amusing indeed. Thank you for the laugh.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is pretty consistent with other reports.

Mods, perhaps this should be moved to the existing thread. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...nyc-us-ny.html
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Kacee
This is pretty consistent with other reports.
I agree! Even though the poster has a right to be upset based on some of the things he/she states....there is nothing new in the list of complaints that hasn't been discussed here. Simple fact is that it is NOT a Conrad yet and there is definitely work to be done on the hotel and the training of the staff. The gripes on the breakfast benefit have been discussed and I was actually one of the first to try the hotel out after it joined the HH portfolio and I commented on that. If I were paying +$400 I would likely have gone elsewhere but I assume that other alternatives were also higher so that is why he/she chose to stay there.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:47 am
Suspended

Has anyone stayed at this property lately? If so, any thoughts? Have a couple of rooms held for next month but the reviews on TA is making me think twice....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.