Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Interesting... worked there 25 years ago when it was the RIHGA Royal NY (Japanese owned/run). While all suites the basic rooms are not particularly large, but the luxury suites were very nice and we had a lot of celebs stay there.
​​​​​​
How do the size and layout of the London NYC basic suites compare to those at the Conrad NY or the DoubleTree Suites TS?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
​​​​​​
How do the size and layout of the London NYC basic suites compare to those at the Conrad NY or the DoubleTree Suites TS?
I haven't been in the other two but I don't imagine they're much larger (I was thinking they're sort of Embassy Suites size or so, and the Conrad is an old ES...) The website says they're "from 500 square feet". The bed and living are separated by French doors, which I always think of as a tool to make small spaces seem bigger.

But hey, it was 25 years ago, and things change and memories fade... And I stuck around just long enough to realize it was in my best professional interest to go to grad school.
UKOK likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Conrad New York suites start at 430 sq ft (which is the bulk of the suites), I don't know about TS Doubletree Suites
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:20 am

Rooms at London NYC are around 500 square feet. Not many room categories or variations, they just title the room categories differently based on floor number. Exceptions being their top suites. While adequate, the current standard rooms are in desperate need of refurbishment. Minimal furniture, no wall decor, small TVs, worn couches, etc.

Also, the service at this hotel can be relatively inept. Can not tell you the issues I've had staying there.

Finally, hopefully Hilton addresses the lobby issue. It's very small but they could really use a couch or two in the lobby. There not a single place to sit, with the exception of the restaurant which requires being seated by the hostess. Frustrating while waiting for your ride or to meet someone.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond
"The Conrad London (not St James) NYC (Midtown)" has a ring to it...
turtlemichael likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:57 am

I already have a couple of NYC stays booked later this year that I'm thinking of moving to this hotel. Any thoughts on whether the rates would change from what they are now, or whether or not it would be better to wait until October to switch?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by runarbg
Very disappointing:

"Hotel does not participate in Hilton Honors Rewards"
I've moved one of my future paid stays to the London, and was looking to also move a 5-night reward stay as well.

Chatted with a hilton.com CSR who noted that the property is currently only set up to take reservations through February 2018, and that maybe they would accept reward bookings in March.

I'd be extremely disappointed if this hotel ends up not accepting reward bookings at all (like the Waldorf Astoria Towers).
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
I'd be extremely disappointed if this hotel ends up not accepting reward bookings at all (like the Waldorf Astoria Towers).
That seems unlikely.

I expect that the hotel will follow the model of other recent conversions, i.e., continue operating under current name (or some similar) as a "Hilton Honors affiliate" (eligible for earning but not redemption nor My Way amenities) until the guestrooms have been updated to corporate standards. Once officially rebranded a Conrad, the property should participate fully in the loyalty program.
KENNECTED likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MS02113
That seems unlikely.

I expect that the hotel will follow the model of other recent conversions, i.e., continue operating under current name (or some similar) as a "Hilton Honors affiliate" (eligible for earning but not redemption nor My Way amenities) until the guestrooms have been updated to corporate standards. Once officially rebranded a Conrad, the property should participate fully in the loyalty program.
Pretty much exactly what you said - http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-N...don-NYC-Conrad

The London NYC will reflag as the Conrad New York Midtown sometime next year or in 2019 after renovations. It would seem that at that point, the property will be fully participating in Hilton Honors.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:09 pm

Now showing up as 95k points a night in December.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know if this property has a lounge?

Also, just checked on a stay for the first week of December. 95,000 HH points per night. Doesn't seem like a terrible deal considering rooms are $600+.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 9volt

Also, just checked on a stay for the first week of December. 95,000 HH points per night. Doesn't seem like a terrible deal considering rooms are $600+.
Also curious to know what the breakfast benefit is here for Hilton Gold & Diamond members.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:07 am

I also have a few questions, and sent an email last week to the hotel email address listed on the Conrad site ([email protected]).

So far there's been no response. It's a little disappointing.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
As mentioned above, hotel is showing up for points redemptions between 80-95k. This summer I got targeted for a HH AMEX promotion that gave a free night certificate at any HH property for a certain spend. The certificate I got is expiring at the beginning of December so I called today and was able to redeem the certificate for a free night in mid-November at the London NYC. Award room is described as the London Suite One King Bed. Will report back after the stay.

Originally Posted by 9volt
Can't find answer on this but honestly I really doubt it. This isn't a big city typical business hotel in which you typically find a lounge.

Last edited by christianj; Oct 25, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:00 pm

Anyone know what the Diamond Breakfast is?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.