Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
thanks, but it’s not my first rodeo. I know about paying cash.

A junior suite is not what I call a suite and doesn’t suit my needs.

and the rates are not inexpensive ( in general) vs. prepandemic for when i was looking to travel.

So probably back to the Andaz, where I can get a confirmed suite upgrade as Globalist.
Andaz is a good choice for cash rates--especially if you are Globalist. I wouldn't burn any WOH points there, as the PH is many notches up, IMO. It just depends what part of midtown you want to stay in. I'm assuming that you will be working out of your room, so location may not be much of an issue.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:19 pm

Well, I never- 1,000,000 points for a midtown hotel room

Was browsing around NYC hotels as I have points to burn. Well, they will remain unburnt as The Conrad in Midtown is apparently too rich for my blood.

Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I think these amounts are algorithm- driven based on the paid rate/$0.003. What is the date?

I haven't been to this place in years. It started out as an ES.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:06 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Most dates are priced at those levels. Perhaps you have $3471 or $9610 per night to burn instead.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:44 am

A flexible dates award search for this property shows inventory available for single-night stays at standard rate (95k) every night until end of schedule load.

As other have noted, these are room types pegged at $3000-$8000/night; the hotel has a strong upside incentive to keep them open in the chance that a high roller comes in, since that is pure margin. They may also be playing games such as using prohibitively high public rates to keep inventory open for corporate accounts, etc.

[Removed off-topic remark]

Last edited by cblaisd; Jan 29, 2022 at 7:55 am
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I haven't been to this place in years. It started out as an ES.
This property opened in 1990 as the Rhiga Royal. It has never been an ES.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by TTT103
Andaz is a good choice for cash rates--especially if you are Globalist. I wouldn't burn any WOH points there, as the PH is many notches up, IMO. It just depends what part of midtown you want to stay in. I'm assuming that you will be working out of your room, so location may not be much of an issue.
Thanks, been to both, prefer a real suite, which is extra $$ beyond TSU at Park Hyatt, so for regular trips will stick with Andaz (which has the best location of all).
TTT103 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
This property opened in 1990 as the Rhiga Royal. It has never been an ES.
Yes you are correct, i was thinking of the one downtown.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Two rooms within three hours…a disaster

I’ve been here all of five hours. Within fifteen minutes of being here, get a knock on the door by a man with a drill claiming to be engineering. He says he is here to investigate “a noise”. I refuse to let him in and call the front desk. Meanwhile, I see him through the peephole knock and then enter the room across the hall.

The front desk tells me he’s legit and “just got the room number wrong.”

after he leaves, I enter the bathroom. There is wet mold buildup on the shower head. I request to be moved to a different room. I am assigned a smaller room despite the app showing my type of room still available.

in the new room, I go in and immediately notice the thermostat is smashed. Completely inop and probably 80 degrees in the room. I call and ask for a third room. Front desk denies my request and instead chooses to send (you guessed it) the same engineer up to replace the thermostat. Even though it is now almost 10 PM.

im currently sitting on the couch while he drills and bangs away attempting to remove the broken unit. We’re going on 15 minutes of attempting to fix the unit.

God I’ve stayed in Hampton inns with better service recovery. Maybe I’m foolish for thinking a Diamond MIGHT have been treated a little better? Maybe?

this place is a joke.

Shower head with mold

Smashed thermostat
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:21 am

Quite shocking. One would think you’d be put in the same category as the room you were in previously vs a downgrade. I’m surprised a room with a broken thermostat could even be classed as available, especially at a Conrad.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Leonvomp
Quite shocking. One would think you’d be put in the same category as the room you were in previously vs a downgrade. I’m surprised a room with a broken thermostat could even be classed as available, especially at a Conrad.
The engineer was shocked, quite frankly.
took him 30 minutes to fix.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone stay here recently. Have 2 questions I'm using free night certs.

1) Were you upgraded as a Diamond
2) How exactly does food and beverage credit get applied (Daily or in total) and do you have to tell them you have 2 occupants. I do have 2 occupants on my reservation.

Any info would be appreciated. Staying this Friday and Saturday. Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by san888
Anyone stay here recently. Have 2 questions I'm using free night certs.

1) Were you upgraded as a Diamond
2) How exactly does food and beverage credit get applied (Daily or in total) and do you have to tell them you have 2 occupants. I do have 2 occupants on my reservation.

Any info would be appreciated. Staying this Friday and Saturday. Thanks.
I stayed over New Year's and was upgraded to a Park View Suite from a standard suite. I'm Diamond and used an FNC and was notified of the upgrade a few days before arrival. However, this was before reports that FNCs are now getting rooms instead of suites. The Park View Suite doesn't really add anything to the standard suite.
The credit was applied daily for two occupants.
san888 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Yes, they've really crippled this property for certificate redemptions; they constructed a small number of non-suite rooms during the renovation and now classify these rooms as the only ones available for standard night awards (previously it had no non-suite rooms when it was The London).
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Yes, they've really crippled this property for certificate redemptions; they constructed a small number of non-suite rooms during the renovation and now classify these rooms as the only ones available for standard night awards (previously it had no non-suite rooms when it was The London).
That sucks....hopefully I get an upgrade. If I don't I guess it will be the only time I ever stay at this location. I hope the rooms are at least nice if not a suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.