Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Not for Conrad in general, but Conrad Midtown is billed as an 'all suite' hotel, thus suites seem to be considered as a regular booking at this property.

Had a recent booking for a City View 1BR Suite, and was upgraded to Park View 1BR Suite (was a multi-night stay so UGs were likely tighter than they would be for a one-night stay).
Per Guest Relations Manager, they try to give a one category upgrade to Diamonds. I'm staying on Sunday; if there are any suprises, I"ll post.

Right now, it's only Room Service, so with a 17% service charge and a $10 room delivery fee, one person will get a glass of juice ($12 ++) covered with 0.96 cents left over
for food. . Website says coffee maker in the room, otherwise it would be $12 for a small coffee.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Right now, it's only Room Service, so with a 17% service charge and a $10 room delivery fee, one person will get a glass of juice ($12 ++) covered with 0.96 cents left over for food. Website says coffee maker in the room, otherwise it would be $12 for a small coffee.
Yes, given the in-room dining fees, the F&B credit does not go too far toward breakfast for one (although with two guests it's a little bit better). Our room had a Nespresso machine and pods, which definitely saved on coffee costs (although we did order coffee one day, it is not a single small cup—they bring a carafe that probably held about 16-20 fl oz). There was a small electric kettle in the room as well. Not sure if they've worked out the kinks since the reopening, but on a few days of our stay, in-room dining ran out of pastries (e.g., substituted toast and muffins for pastries and croissants).

Last edited by clarence5ybr; Jul 23, 2021 at 4:12 pm
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Checked out of the Conrad Midtown today with my family after a nice 2 night stay (using free night certs). Have stayed here many times before, with the last stay being in February 2020. We were upgraded from a standard 1 bedroom suite to a "City View" 1 bedroom suite on the 40th floor (excellent view). Only 5 floors of the hotel are currently open so there is very little foot traffic in the building and no wait for elevators. Got a rollaway bed and crib for our kids brought up to the room at no extra charge. Ordered 2 breakfast items (two eggs freestyle and buttermilk pancakes) from room service each morning, came to $59 with tax and tip (so only $9 over the $50 F&B credit). The dishes were large so this was enough for the four of us (supplemented with some juice we brought and the in-room coffee machine). Note that the $10 delivery fee on the menu is not currently being applied since the hotel restaurant Dabble is closed. One of the receptionists told me Dabble is planning to re-open in September. Did not use valet parking as I was able to park for free a few blocks away, but it is available. Daily housekeeping and nightly turn-down service, just as before, and we were impressed with the overall level of service despite the hotel not being fully reopened. They also offered us 4pm checkout, which we really appreciated.

Found it interesting that none of the staff we encountered wore masks, but most of the hotel guests chose to. One man looked horrified when I got on the elevator with him (he positioned his elbow over his mask for the remainder of the elevator ride down to the lobby).
Andriyko and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:25 pm

CONRAD HILTON midtown NYC

August 8 and 9 I stayed 2 nights using free nights from Amex card. No upgrade as a diamond. It was strange that the hotel seemed empty. I rarely saw anyone using the elevators or in the lobby or waiting for a taxi. I learned entire floors of the hotel were shut down. Therefore few rooms for upgrades. The restaurant was CLOSED. We used the $50 food credit each day for room service. Big mistake ordering from the room service dinner menu. Limited overpriced selections. The worst $29 hamburger ever. On checkout I relayed my opinions to desk clerk. She apologized and said this is a bad time to choose this hotel. I got the feeling if things don't improve, this place could go under. I did meet a gentleman who said he was lifetime Diamond with over 5 million points. He was angry that there was no upgrade for him. Has anyone else stayed here recently who can comment?

Last edited by IncredibleDeals; Aug 10, 2021 at 1:31 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 10, 2021, 7:01 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
August 8 and 9 I stayed 2 nights using free nights from Amex card. No upgrade as a diamond. It was strange that the hotel seemed empty. I rarely saw anyone using the elevators or in the lobby or waiting for a taxi. I learned entire floors of the hotel were shut down. Therefore few rooms for upgrades. The restaurant was CLOSED. We used the $50 food credit each day for room service. Big mistake ordering from the room service dinner menu. Limited overpriced selections. The worst $29 hamburger ever. On checkout I relayed my opinions to desk clerk. She apologized and said this is a bad time to choose this hotel. I got the feeling if things don't improve, this place could go under. I did meet a gentleman who said he was lifetime Diamond with over 5 million points. He was angry that there was no upgrade for him. Has anyone else stayed here recently who can comment?
Not a recent stay but the Conrad Midtown is known as a p bad hotel in the city. Even the WA NY was not a Forbes 5 star hotel before it closed (the Conrad Midtown isn't even close to being a 4 star lol).
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
I learned entire floors of the hotel were shut down.
Similar to Essex House, nearby, which has only had limited floors open and thus very limited upgrade opportunities.

There's a pretty wide variety in how Manahattan hotels have handled the pandemic, but it's been one of the most negatively impacted markets in the country from a guest services/benefits perspective.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Checked out of the Conrad Midtown today with my family after a nice 2 night stay (using free night certs). Have stayed here many times before, with the last stay being in February 2020. We were upgraded from a standard 1 bedroom suite to a "City View" 1 bedroom suite on the 40th floor (excellent view). Only 5 floors of the hotel are currently open so there is very little foot traffic in the building and no wait for elevators. Got a rollaway bed and crib for our kids brought up to the room at no extra charge. Ordered 2 breakfast items (two eggs freestyle and buttermilk pancakes) from room service each morning, came to $59 with tax and tip (so only $9 over the $50 F&B credit). The dishes were large so this was enough for the four of us (supplemented with some juice we brought and the in-room coffee machine). Note that the $10 delivery fee on the menu is not currently being applied since the hotel restaurant Dabble is closed. One of the receptionists told me Dabble is planning to re-open in September. Did not use valet parking as I was able to park for free a few blocks away, but it is available. Daily housekeeping and nightly turn-down service, just as before, and we were impressed with the overall level of service despite the hotel not being fully reopened. They also offered us 4pm checkout, which we really appreciated.

Found it interesting that none of the staff we encountered wore masks, but most of the hotel guests chose to. One man looked horrified when I got on the elevator with him (he positioned his elbow over his mask for the remainder of the elevator ride down to the lobby).
If you don’t mind - where did you park for free near this hotel?
thanks
Old Aug 21, 2021, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zeeww
thanks
I’d guess street parking further west. (Just read the signs carefully,)
Old Aug 21, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Zeeww
thanks
I think it was 55th between 8th and 9th. Pretty easy to find free street parking in the west 50s for a weekend stay, especially if you arrive late on a Friday night.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: TMTL
Just had a 3 nights stay here Aug 26-29. Booked king suite using our free night certificates and was upgraded to city view 3 days prior to arrival then to park view on the day of. We loved it! We didn't really see very many guests but then again we were always out Restaurant is still close so we had to do room service for breakfast which is more than enough for us to start the day. Nespresso machine is in room so we used that instead of ordering coffee. No delivery fee... We were also offered 4 pm checkout but didn't really need it. Daily housekeeping/turndown service. Everyone seems pretty friendly. Don't recall everyone wearing mask though but most guests that we've seed had their masks on. Overall stay was quite nice and thinking of staying there again next year for a week.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Had a great stay last week, 6 nights total (5th night free + 1 Amex certificate). $50 credit, room service charges waived (but not proactively). Upgrade to a central park view! Made a video of what the hotel currently looks like, happy to answer any questions.

Andriyko likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by TheTravelPlaybook
Had a great stay last week, 6 nights total (5th night free + 1 Amex certificate). $50 credit, room service charges waived (but not proactively). Upgrade to a central park view! Made a video of what the hotel currently looks like, happy to answer any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqwQESypW2U
Nice. No rubber ducky or stuffed animal?
Hook em.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:27 pm

Programs: none
It’s our first time in NYC. Looking to book a Saturday night in early November but unable to find standard award room. Does anyone know if award availability would open up as we get closer to the date? Based on the above info the hotel is empty so not sure why it’s hard to book.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Four words: New York City Marathon.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

No stuffed animal or rubber duckie for me- I actually forgot about this aspect of Conrads!
kirkwoodj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.