Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Question about booking multiple rooms

Question about booking multiple rooms

Old Sep 8, 17, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Smile Question about booking multiple rooms

We are going out with another couple together. I'm a diamond member, they don't have any elite status. If I book their room also, will they be able to get any benefit such as room upgrade, lounge access and free breakfast? Thank you.
Old Sep 8, 17, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Java Titan View Post
We are going out with another couple together. I'm a diamond member, they don't have any elite status. If I book their room also, will they be able to get any benefit such as room upgrade, lounge access and free breakfast? Thank you.
It depends on the property. In SE Asia, my second room has usually honored elite benefits.
Old Sep 8, 17, 11:47 pm
cjd

Officially according to Honors T & C's, it's only the diamond member and one other guest entitled to the benefits, but in my experience, the second room has always been granted the benefits. Would imagine it's up to the individual property to decide.
KENNECTED likes this.
Old Sep 9, 17, 8:20 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Starwood, Priceline
As search has having many problems and appears broken

Please don't just suggest "do a search." Search is not been working for some time and it's very difficult to find even the simplest bit of information. Continued snark on this issue may result in a loss of FT posting privileges.

Thanks

Squeakr
Co mod HH
Old Sep 9, 17, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Let's see their luck.
I hope they can get free breakfast, otherwise I have to tell them we will have free breakfast in hotel, you can pay and eat in hotel with us or go out to eat. I really don't feel comfortable to tell them something like this, I think we may give up our breakfast and go out to eat with them in that case.
Old Sep 9, 17, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
What property are you staying in?
Old Sep 12, 17, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by worldiswide View Post
What property are you staying in?
We are going to a trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles. I'm doing my Diamond challenge so I'd like to stay in Hilton properties as much as possible. Now I'm looking at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, DT at Campbell-Pruneyard plaza, Embassy Suites at San Luis Obispo and Hilton at LAX. Do you have any other good properties to recommend on the way?

As a newbie, I have two more questions.
1. I know it's double points promotion now. How many points I can get per dollar spend as a Diamond (in training)? I think it's 50, is that correct?

2. Since I'm going to book two rooms including the other couple. They are not enrolled at all and they don't care. Will I be able to get points and night credit for the 2nd room? I believe you can get credit for up to 3 rooms in SPG. How is Hilton?

Thank you.
Old Sep 12, 17, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
You can learn more about points here:
http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...ing/index.html

From the Hilton Honors terms and conditions:
5.A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the Hilton Honors Points and Hilton Honors Points Earning Style Option and double or triple Base Point promotions, will apply to the total Base Point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including Hilton Honors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member will receive stay and night credit for one room only. For purposes of earning miles for stays, miles may only be earned on one room only.
6."Double Points" means the Member will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay and "Triple Points" means the Member will receive a bonus double the number of Base Points earned during a stay. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward Elite tier qualification.
http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/t...rual_of_points

You might want to review the t and c's:
http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html
Old Sep 12, 17, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I had three stays last week, where each time I booked two rooms in one reservation and told the clerk at check in that I wanted all the charges on one folio. In all three cases the points posted for only one room even though all of the invoices were visible on Hilton.com. Using the chat feature I was able to get it cleared up but still annoying.
Old Sep 12, 17, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Question

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
You can learn more about points here:
http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...ing/index.html

From the Hilton Honors terms and conditions:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/t...rual_of_points

You might want to review the t and c's:
http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html
Thanks. But I'm really confused.
Is calculation below correct? That seems a lot of points!

Room rate: $200, 1 night, 2 rooms
Base points: 200 * 10 = 2000
double: +2000
Earning style bonus: 200 * 5 = 1000
Elite bonus: 200 * 5 = 1000
Total per room per night: 6000
Two rooms per night: 12000

Band Bonus: 1000
Mobile App: 500

Total: 13500

Thanks!

Last edited by Java Titan; Sep 12, 17 at 8:16 pm
Old Sep 12, 17, 8:29 pm

We are going to a trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles. I'm doing my Diamond challenge so I'd like to stay in Hilton properties as much as possible. Now I'm looking at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, DT at Campbell-Pruneyard plaza, Embassy Suites at San Luis Obispo and Hilton at LAX. Do you have any other good properties to recommend on the way?
Heh we have been going up and down the coast for many years, but have not stayed at any of the Hiltons on your list. At SF, we like Parc 55. At Monterey Bay we stayed at the Embassy Suites a few times. Stayed at DT at Santa Barbara a few times. Stayed at the Oxnard Embassy Suites a few times.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: