Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:12 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Arrow Hilton Nashville Airport {US-TN}

Hilton Nashville Airport

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Hilton Nashville Airport

2200 Elm Hill Pike Nashville, TN US 37214

Nashville Airport Hotel - Stay away! (3 Photos)

Hilton Nashville Airport

This is currently renovating to become a Hilton property, so it may be listed as "Nashville Airport Hotel".  However, Hilton.com offers rooms there so it is effectively a Hilton.  Unfortunately, the hotel is still under major construction and frankly should not be hosting any guests in its current state.  

We stayed here one night and everything was filthy in the room - stains everywhere, even the desk chair seat!  Bathroom tile was moldy and it was evident that housekeeping did not vacuum (well) as one of us stepped on a metal picture hook (ouch!).  

Staff were not very apologetic or customer service oriented.  We kept hearing "we're not a Hilton yet" as an excuse, although Hilton.com seems to be fine with selling it as a Hilton property?!  Had we known what a disaster this place was, we would have never booked it.  

Front of the hotel (note scaffolding and exposed beams):

HotelFront.jpg

Elevators:

Elevator1.jpg

Breakfast area (don't look up while eating!):

Ceiling3.jpg

Nashville Airport Hotel - Stay away!

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Nashville Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Reminds me of a stay I had at a property in Texas that had no business booking rooms with the level of renovation going on; after I made a Diamond desk complaint, the hotel gave me the equivalent points for the night as compensation.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
We're you able to book this for $12.50/night or 2500 points?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:57 pm
jrx
Hilton Contributor Badge

A quick check of the app reveals they have the nerve to charge $209 for this experience tonight.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I had some stays at the HGI in Burlington, MA that were at the tail end of a remodel. I was getting rates in the $95-100/night and could overlook a bit of dust and unfinished areas, especially considering the normal rates in the Boston market.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
This renovation has been going on for a long time and per some reviews on Trip Advisor this location should be avoided.

Bob H
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Really sad that Hilton is dragging the reputation of this future property down before they are even done with the refurbishment. This was a Marriott, then a Holiday Inn for years. How many years? My parents stayed in this hotel when they attended my university graduation. I graduated with the class of 1983. And it wasn't that new then.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
The hotel's website now says that they will become a Hilton full service hotel on October 19. We expect to stay there at the end of the month for one night (cheap rate booked long ago) so we'll see if the dust has settled.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:14 pm

Update: When I called the hotel they said they now won't be officially a Hilton until November 6 but I'd take that with the proverbial grain of salt. They have pushed back the official date for months so it's a believe it when you see it type of thing. They did say that I'll get Hilton points and Diamond benefits like breakfast for our one night stay later this month so we'll go ahead with it.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I saw the signs were up about a month ago and my first thought was "Really?" I have stayed there when Holiday Inn and this would need a gut and replace to be even a nominal Hilton. They could have done the 2Tree route, but the one they already have it is located almost in the shadow of this one.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:04 pm

Edited to add: I cancelled our reservation after finding out that their Executive Lounge isn't open for business yet and that they will continue to have construction noise during the time we would have been there. I'm working on reducing my HH point balance so I booked an award stay elsewhere. Sorry I won't be able to provide feedback on this place.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Oct 22, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Does anyone have any current feedback about this property?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

OK in general

Hilton Nashville Airport

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Hilton Nashville Airport

2200 Elm Hill Pike Nashville, TN US 37214

OK in general (13 Photos)

Hilton Nashville Airport

Stayed at this property for 1 night back at the end of Aug 2022.  At the time of booking this seemed to be the most reasonably priced property within the Hilton group of hotels for a 1 night stay for my late arrival into BNA.  

1_IMG_20220828_091129720_HDR.jpg

There is a hotel shuttle offered by the property, however it works only until 11pm = if I remember correctly, my understanding is because of the pandemic.  Outside of that there is not much available around the property.  It is about a 5-10 mins drive to BNA and about 25 mins on an average traffic to downtown Nashville. 

As for parking it is stated on the hotel website that parking is not complimentary, however during my stay, the barriers were just open so it was complimentary, but it could be due to the low occupancy that its currently complimentary - there were lots of open parking bay during the duration of my stay. 

Check In

I arrived around midnight at the property and since i was not able to do a digital check in, I had to drop by the front desk.  I was helped and off within 5 mins of arriving.  I was recognized as a HHonors elite guest, no further upgrade given - not that it matter much for this short 1 night stay.  

IMG_20220828_081443257_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220828_084545076.jpg

IMG_20220828_084558546.jpg

Room

The room was spacious with a view towards a green area and part of the highway.  It was clear (like many properties in the US) the room was dated and not much to comment about the atmosphere of the room - the usual cookie cutter type room.

IMG_20220828_081039833_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220828_081044853_HDR.jpg

Although dated, the furnishing was still functional without showing too much visible wear and tear.  There was the usual tea/coffee making machine, fridge and a microwave. 

IMG_20220828_004249501.jpg

IMG_20220828_004306514.jpg

Sleep quality was ok - although the windows were not fully sound proof with sound coming in from the nearby traffic and towards the early morning, approaching planes. Noise from the hallways were ok, there was not much disturbance.

IMG_20220828_004310932.jpg

The bed was comfortable. Climate control as usual was quite loud even at low speed - this is a typical issue again at most US properties.  Internet speed was stable and good.  

Bathroom size was ok - with the usual Hilton toiletries.  Water pressure and temperature was good, although the shower head being on the older side, had the spray not fully directed as expected.   

IMG_20220828_004242315.jpg

Breakfast

I had the full buffet breakfast - the spread was ok and qualitywise, it was accetapble.  The breakfast room was not crowded.  Service was good with attentive and friendly attendants. 

IMG_20220828_081809480.jpg

IMG_20220828_081832263.jpg

Overall

All in all, the property was ok - nothing special about it.  It seems like this property is more of a conference type property as there were lots of conference/meeting room.  There was also quite a large indoor swimming pool.  If I need to be in the area and with the right price, I would not hesistate to return to this property.  

IMG_20220828_085034371.jpg

OK in general

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Nashville Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I haven't stayed at that property since it was a Holiday Inn Crown Plaza or Holiday Inn Select. I can't recall which now. At any rate, the property did draw a local crowd to the atrium bar. The crowds could be quite load at times as well. Is it still like that or did they remodel that out? That place would need an extensive remodel for sure from those days anyway.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:06 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I believe that the public areas have been remodeled. (based also on the review by Izzik a few post above). The rooms however is however in need of the same remodeling - for certain after another 2-3 years.
During my stay, I did not really see much activities at the atrium bar, but again I was in very late and left about 10am.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.