Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors AMEX fail

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmasgat
So OP of other thread. Not fixed yet, but I do have a 6000 point "Service Center Adjustment"--which is not enough to cover the points I should have received for the stay, let alone the bonus AMEX points. I'll wait for a while to see what happens before I contact them again.
My points just posted minutes ago!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I PMed Lauren, our HHonors Representative in FlyerTalk, and she took care of the issue right away. My points were posted and stay was credited towards elite status.

Thank you very much Lauren.

Tintin
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Morrissey
I have yet to hear back anything from Hilton. I have an extremely low opinion of Hilton right now.
This is why I don't even try to leverage Hilton online offers any more. The IT factor is disastrous and I don't have the time to chase things down.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:08 am

The points from my stay were removed from my account... I called the diamond desk and they said it's because it was a 3rd party stay. Back to square one.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Thumbs down

Hilton and Amex have a-lot of problems between them with a the customer losing.
I had a case 2 years ago that Amex (Hilton CC) did not recognize a pay for a stay at Doubletree Lisbon as a Hilton hotel. As a result Amex considered it as regular expense.
This month my wife's points from Amex did not post to her Hilton Honors acct. She did a chat with Amex** who blamed Hilton. She told Amex: this card will not be used until you solve the problem. The points posted a few days later (much after the usual posting date).

** The regular Hilton Honors Amex card has NO possibility to send and receive messages in the acct. Only call or chat. Very annoying and time consuming.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Took some time but finally got resolved. Originally nothing posted, then a customer service representative manually credited some of the points. I then PM'ed HonorsRepresentative who managed to post the non-AMEX points on 9/29 and the 5,000 AMEX points finally posted a few days ago (10/23).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.