Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton IT new & improved cluster bonanza yet again. Points taken from my account.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton IT new & improved cluster bonanza yet again. Points taken from my account.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by mingzie
points are ALWAYS refundable rates.
I don't think so, at least there are/were different scenarios:
In Sept. 2015 I wasn't able to cancel a 5-night award stay at the Hilton Paris Opera during September. Iirc they told me, that it was a high demand time (probably fashion week or something like that) and my reservation was only done due to a diamond exception at the time of booking (not visible to me, that the booking was only available because of that).
Regardless the booking showed up as non-cancellable/non-refundable, which I only realized afterwards when I tried to cancel in July.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: HH Diam, IHG Pl, Sirius G,Bonvoy LTG,Melia Pl,Shangri-La Diam,UA*G,Emirates G,Virgin Atl. G,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mingzie
points are ALWAYS refundable rates.

you can't even pay with points on a non refundable

and yes you are entitled to all diamond benefits
This text is highlighted with a yellow triangle on hilton.com "My Reservations":

This reservation is non-refundable and may not be changed or cancelled. For assistance or questions about this reservation, please call Customer care at +1-855-271-3617.

Are you still sure that the points are refundable?...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.