Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton special rate for seniors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
All I know is that I just have a membership and I'm just a little north of 40 and not from the US of A
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
According to current AARP web site, you have to be 50 to join ( or be a spouse of someone 50 or over). The application does ask for your birthdate.

http://www.aarp.org/members/join-aarp-membership/
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Deleted.....

Duplicate information.

mxm135

Last edited by MXM135; Jul 30, 2017 at 3:15 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:42 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Anyone can be an AARP member.
True. After donating to a WW2 museum I was invited to join AARP at the ripe old age of 19.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Larrude
According to current AARP web site, you have to be 50 to join ( or be a spouse of someone 50 or over). The application does ask for your birthdate.

http://www.aarp.org/members/join-aarp-membership/
You need to call to get the associate membership. There's a great article about it here:
http://savingsbeagle.com/aarp-savings-no-matter-age/
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:57 pm

If you get AARP invitations to join in the mail with mock membership cards, even that mock number will suffice on the Hilton site to get you the AARP rate. But if you are 60, the senior rate is always the same as AARP and AAA, so why bother? And the MVP is always the lowest of any of these, if it is available.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
AARP rates and senior as others have mentioned are not the same. AARP used to stand for American Association of Retired Persons, but they have been going through a re-branding effort and the RP know stands for Real Possibilities... since 50 is hardly retirement age anymore
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:38 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Tizzette
...And the MVP is always the lowest of any of these, if it is available.
With one possible exception: I've noticed more than once that the AAA or Sr. Rate at Homewood Suites is less than the MVP rate. No clue why.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:31 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by Beano
What age do you qualify for seniors?
Do you need special id?
Are all Hilton use this age ?
As long as someone has an AARP membership and card, they can qualify for the AARP rate, even if the person is 30 years of age. Along with AAA membership, the card number can be placed into the booking when making an online reservation, and the discount will be applied to the nightly rate.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Tizzette
If you get AARP invitations to join in the mail with mock membership cards, even that mock number will suffice on the Hilton site to get you the AARP rate. But if you are 60, the senior rate is always the same as AARP and AAA, so why bother? And the MVP is always the lowest of any of these, if it is available.
Not sure if it has always been the case, but now the senior rate at Hilton is 65 (Marriott is 62). Agree it isn't a big deal when it is the same as AAA or AARP.

Edit: Actually I just did a test reservation at a property in Charleston to verify the age and it is showing AARP and Senior at 160 a night with a special AARP member sale at 146 (no prepayment required) so Senior isn't always the cheapest.

Last edited by Seabilly; Aug 3, 2017 at 8:39 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Seabilly
... showing AARP and Senior at 160 a night with a special AARP member sale at 146 (no prepayment required) so Senior isn't always the cheapest.
I have seen a special AARP rate rarely, but several times over the years. It's one more reason to check all one's eligible rates.
Beano likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Seabilly
Not sure if it has always been the case, but now the senior rate at Hilton is 65 (Marriott is 62). . . .

Senior isn't always the cheapest.
I look forward to breaking the shackles of Marriott Bonv°y Lifetime Platinum Elite status in little more than a year.

This is similar to the mass transit discount ages being 65 at SFO (and environs), 62 at LAX, and 60 at LAS. It pays to look around.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Sep 19, 2021 at 3:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.