FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   HHonors App for 3rd-party booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1856616-hhonors-app-3rd-party-booking.html)

arthurspooner Jul 26, 2017 3:05 am

HHonors App for 3rd-party booking

Hi everyone,

total noob here, sorry.
I booked a DoubleTree for 4 nights through Expedia.
I am aware that this stay is not eligible for any points on my brand new HHonors account.

I downloaded the Hilton Honors app for my iPhone and I was able to find my stay by searching for my confirmation number and last name. I even added the "ticket" to my Apple Wallet.
However, the stay does not appear in my "upcoming stays" by itself. I need to perform a search in order for it to show up.
Is there a way around this? I added my HHonors number to my expedia travel plan but it is still not showing up.

I would also like to know if I can use the online check in and digital key.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I must admit I feel a bit disappointed, I hope I am not going to be a second-class customer at this hotel. I hope I can still use some of the cool features.

Thanks

Andriyko Jul 26, 2017 5:58 am

Welcome to Flyertalk and the Hilton Honors forum, arthurspooner!

In order for the stay to show up among your upcoming reservations it needs to be associated with your Honors account number. The only way to do it is to call the hotel and ask them to add it (whether or not they'll agree depends upon a particular property).

arthurspooner Jul 27, 2017 2:13 am

Thank you for your reply.
I tried emailing Hilton customer care.
Unfortunately they are unable to add my HHonors number to my booking.

Can you tell me if my concerns regarding being a second class customer are justified?

I entered the Honors number into my Expedia account yesterday (don't think that'll do anything) and will try the hotel itself next.

Does anyone know if the hotels have their own email address or do I have to call?

Andriyko Jul 27, 2017 3:36 am

Hilton customer care will refuse to add your Honors number. You need to contact the hotel directly (and it'll have to be by phone as most hotel do not have general enquiry e-mail addresses).

I am not sure why you think you'll be treated as a second class guest without your Honors number in the reservation? You'll be treated in the same manner as any other (non-status) guest...or maybe even better...:) but certainly not worse.

jerry a. laska Jul 27, 2017 10:22 am

Originally Posted by arthurspooner (Post 28613767)
Thank you for your reply.
I tried emailing Hilton customer care.
Unfortunately they are unable to add my HHonors number to my booking.

Can you tell me if my concerns regarding being a second class customer are justified?

I entered the Honors number into my Expedia account yesterday (don't think that'll do anything) and will try the hotel itself next.

Does anyone know if the hotels have their own email address or do I have to call?

If you are worried about being treated as a normal customer then maybe you should consider canceling the expedia reservation and rebook through Hilton.

craigthemif Jul 27, 2017 10:31 am

Originally Posted by arthurspooner (Post 28608959)

I must admit I feel a bit disappointed, I hope I am not going to be a second-class customer at this hotel. I hope I can still use some of the cool features.

Thanks

I suspect that there is little difference in treatment between an Expedia guest and a no-status Honors guest.

I am a bit curious, however, since I have dropped down to Silver but have an upcoming third-party-booking stay at a Hilton where all previous stays at that property were as Gold / Diamond. Some hotels don't upgrade their guest records very often...

eponymous_coward Jul 27, 2017 11:41 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 28615215)
I suspect that there is little difference in treatment between an Expedia guest and a no-status Honors guest.

If you're on a super-cheap third party booking rate, you might end up with a scenic view of the air conditioning ducts (or other "worst room on the property" possibilities, because if you're going to choose which people to hose, might as be the ones who bought on price and didn't go through your website, since you have to give Expedia a cut of the revenue). But presumably saving money on the room was more important than using status benefits or anything else...

craigthemif Jul 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 28615561)
If you're on a super-cheap third party booking rate, you might end up with a scenic view of the air conditioning ducts (or other "worst room on the property" possibilities, because if you're going to choose which people to hose, might as be the ones who bought on price and didn't go through your website, since you have to give Expedia a cut of the revenue). But presumably saving money on the room was more important than using status benefits or anything else...

Agreed, but since almost anybody who is breathing can get at least Silver status, no status Honors is surely worthless...

In my case, I could get 5K miles from LH M&M for a single night booking so chose an on-airport Hilton. Besides... I had a broom closet the last time I was there as a Diamond booked directly so it can't get any worse...