Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Elite - booking for family members, do benefit extend to them?

Old Jul 17, 17, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Does Hilton Honors have a similar program like Hyatt Guest of Honors? I am an Honors diamond, wanting to book for my parents at a property in APAC. Do my diamond benefits extend to them? If I leave my name in the reservation, but they are the one who are going to be checking in, do they get the diamond benefits?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 17, 17, 10:13 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I do not mean to be rude, but there are many similar posts on flyertalk, look around.

In short no, they are for the member booking, who should be a guest but the hotel may extend it at their discretion. Otherwise, it is taking advantage of the programme somewhat.

Also, Hyatt guest of honors applies to point bookings only I think, which means the member has to obtain them first, which is quite clever.
Old Jul 17, 17, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by r0m8470 View Post
Does Hilton Honors have a similar program like Hyatt Guest of Honors? I am an Honors diamond, wanting to book for my parents at a property in APAC. Do my diamond benefits extend to them? If I leave my name in the reservation, but they are the one who are going to be checking in, do they get the diamond benefits?

Thank you in advance.
If you leave your name in the reservation and don't show up, there can be issues at check in. I had a friend book a points reservation for me once and since he wasn't there to check in, the front desk actually had me call him to email over an ID card. Additionally, there have been data points that if the elite member isn't there to check in, the elite benefits will not be extended. Although that is property dependent and most front desk agents probably couldn't care less.
Old Jul 18, 17, 7:07 am

The general rule is: 'the member's head has to be on the bed'.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: