Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA {US-PA}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA {US-PA}

Old Mar 26, 2001, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA {US-PA}

I'm thinking of making a trip to Philadelphia and since I need the stays fro the Diners Club promotion it needs to be at a participating HHonors property. If you are Flyertalk readers who have stayed at a property recently, I would appreciate your views on the properties.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
The Hilton Garden Inn is pretty cool.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I just stayed (Sat for the East Regional game) at the Hampton at the PHI airport, not that great, cost me 79$ which was cheaper than all the other hiltons, parking is free but I wouldn't do it again. HGI will charge you $20 to park next door, thats what they told me when I called
Old Mar 27, 2001, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip, I called the hotel and got the same response (parking in downtown PHL is expensive, the Crowne Plaza charges $23! a night). I'm comming from DC for a weekend so I'll likely park at a Septa commuter rail station and ride in. The Garden Inn is a hop, skip and jump away from Market East station.

Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
I just stayed (Sat for the East Regional game) at the Hampton at the PHI airport, not that great, cost me 79$ which was cheaper than all the other hiltons, parking is free but I wouldn't do it again. HGI will charge you $20 to park next door, thats what they told me when I called
Old Aug 17, 2001, 3:36 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Advice on Hilton Properties in Philadelphia

Greatly appreciate any feedback on where to stay with Hilton(non Airport) in Philadelphia.I see an Embassy Suites,Doubletree & Hiton Garden Inn. Usually not crazy about Garden Inns because of the noisy AC/ heater blower through the outside guest room wall.Other then that they are a very satisfactory choice.Have stayed @ the Cherry Hill Hilton in New Jersey which is satisfactory.But a little out of the way.
Any suggestions. Know some of the best critics are right here on Flyer Talk.
Happy Travels All

------------------
AA & Starwood Platinum
Diamond Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
U/A Premier Exec

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 08-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 08-17-2001).]
Old Aug 17, 2001, 6:21 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
I just stayed at the Hilton Cherry Hill last night. It was all right but the rooms are looking a little shabby.

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Center City last March. It was fine. I didn't find the ventilation system too noisy--this is not a typical HGI building. It's right next to the convention center. I would try it.

Regards from your neighbor across the county line..

Old Aug 18, 2001, 12:30 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Stayed at the Doubletree in downtown in June. Got a very nice corner room (not on the towers floor) but extra keys to use the lounge (you need the keys in the elevator).

Very nice staff, a nice room - I did have a good stay there.
Old Aug 18, 2001, 8:16 am

There is also a NEW Hampton Inn in Center City. Its around 11th and Arch I think, right near the convention center.

Haven't stayed there, just wanted to let you know of another Hilton Property in Phila.
Old Aug 18, 2001, 10:00 am

Stayed at the Embassy Suites earlier this week. Loved the downtown location across from the FOUR SEASONS and adjacent to the museum. Was upgraded to the top floor. Good suite with microwave. Enjoyed the fast breakfast service(free) and coctails (also free) in the lobby in the evenings.

Elevators are under repair/upgrade and the current ones are a tad bit slow. Fast Internet connection available for a flat fee for the duration of your stay. Enjoy!
Old Feb 22, 2002, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
PHL-which property?

There are 3 properties at PHL: Hampton Inn ($80), Hilton ($99) and ES ($109). A search of the archives yielded nothing on the Hampton, mostly negative on the Hilton, and nothing on the ES (think I stayed there 12 years ago).

We're there after a flight from CDG and off early the next morning for SEA. If it matters, both of us are VIP Gold.
Old Feb 22, 2002, 10:55 pm
W-N

Programs: AA PLT 3MM..... WN CP & A-List Preferred.... SPG Platinum
I can't speak on the Hampton or ES, but I stayed at the PHL Hilton last year. It's nothing special, but if you're just there for one night, it works. The staff is OK. There is no towers/concierge/executive floor. Their idea of an upgrade is an HHonors room. The shuttle runs frequently to the airport. I stayed at the Marriott attached to the terminal before that and it was nicer, but no HHonors credit. I'd probably try the ES next time.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 8:20 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
My experience at the Airport Hilton is exactly that as W-N's. The place is quite plain, but more than tolerable for a single night stay.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 12:41 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ditto. It's fine for overnight.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All (and I mean ALL) the PHL airport hotels are old, poorly soundproofed, dreary and sad (except the new Marriott). Best HH deal is the Double Tree on Samson St on the Penn campus. Itsa easy 15-20 minute 8-10 dolla cab ride away and is new, clean and quiet. Nice restaurants there and nearby too. Try it, I am certain you will like it.

MisterNice
Old Feb 25, 2002, 11:33 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
That HH on Samson on Penn's campus is otherwise known as "The Inn at Penn". Opened in 1999. VERY nice. Be careful during school year weekends - there are likely to be a lot of guests related to school-related events(sports, parent weekends, etc).

The Doubletree on Broad and Walnut used to be a Hilton. It's right in the center of town near lots of restaurants and culture.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.