Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Martinique New York on Broadway, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Martinique New York on Broadway, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska Gold MVP
Arrow Martinique New York on Broadway, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-NY}

I made a reservation at the Martinique New York on Broadway, Curio Collection by Hilton from Christmas to after New Year's at a great rate back in March. At the time, Hilton said it was becoming part of the Hilton family in December. I just saw on their website it is now not joining Hilton until Feb 1, 2019 (and it won't let you make new reservations prior to that date). When I look in my Honors account it still shows my reservation. Will they honor it? Will I still get my Hilton points and free breakfast for being Hilton Gold? Scared to call Hilton and ask because it would probably cost me well over $1000 more to change to a comparable property since the rates have really gone up for my dates and I got a great deal to begin with. Thoughts?
newEUer likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:38 am

If it is a cash reservation, the reservation will probably be honored. But, I think the likelihood that you'll get anything for being an Honors Gold is close to zero. You definitively will not get points, as there wouldn't be any mechanism for the hotel to do that until they officially join the chain. The only way you'll get free breakfast is if the hotel management is eager to turn you into a repeat guest once they are a Hilton.

I'd bet calling Hilton will be a dead end. Across the industry, brand changes (aka re-flagging) are not handled well. Other nearby Hiltons are going to match your rate. (I don't blame them...they aren't responsible for the delay at the re-flagged hotel.) That means Hilton Corporate would have to cover the cost difference. I've never heard of any chain doing that, however.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I'd bet calling Hilton will be a dead end. Across the industry, brand changes (aka re-flagging) are not handled well. Other nearby Hiltons are going to match your rate. (I don't blame them...they aren't responsible for the delay at the re-flagged hotel.) That means Hilton Corporate would have to cover the cost difference. I've never heard of any chain doing that, however.
Corporate frequently makes alternate arrangements when openings of new-build hotels are delayed. I realize delayed re-flagging is less dire a situation for the guest, but still think it's worth asking corporate for help. If nothing else, perhaps they'd be willing to credit points to member's account to offset the lost earnings.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I'm a Radisson Rewards member as well as a HH member and this hotel has been rumored to be in/out of the Radisson program for a long time now. I was surprised that the hotel was finally actually leaving but also noticed a couple of months ago that they were allowing both Hilton and Radisson bookings for the SAME timeframe in Dec. and Jan. even thought at that time they were supposed to be out of Radisson program and with Hilton.

As an FYI, I just tried to book a room via Radisson in NYC for Feb. 7 as a test and the Martinique is STILL showing as available to book even thought the date now mentioned above is Feb. 1!

With this hotel I would not trust dates until it is actually a done deal!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
*bump*
@iamjwk did you end up staying at this hotel? Were you able to get Hilton points/benefits or was it still operating under Radisson?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
*bump*
@iamjwk did you end up staying at this hotel? Were you able to get Hilton points/benefits or was it still operating under Radisson?
I booked and stayed here in December. Definitely worked as a Hilton for me!
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Hi. Yes, I ended up staying there. It switched to Hilton about 10 days before my arrival. Got all my benefits!
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
@consultansea @iamjwk how was your stay? Where was breakfast and what did you get? Is the club lounge open? Upgrades? Sorry for all the questions but would love to see how they’re treating Hilton Members.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:02 am
Original Poster

I enjoyed my stay for the most part. There was a lot of noise from people in the hall that sounded almost like they were in my room - very annoying, especially late at night. Never heard the people above or next to me. Room was a decent size for NYC. Elevators were slow.

It was a little weird in the "lobby". You have to show your room key to even enter the hotel. There really isn't any space in the lobby to make it conducive to spend any time there.

The breakfast was on the mezzanine level in a big room that I think was only used for breakfast. It was very good, but was identical every day. Would be nice if they would have switched items a little bit. Was annoyed the only juice offered was orange juice. Get a better selection at a Hampton Inn. Sometimes it would be crowded and you would have to wait for a table.

There was no club lounge. I got an upgrade, but weirdly not because of my HH status. I stayed there 9 nights (at a pretty cheap rate for NYC). When I checked in he told me they had upgraded me. When I asked about the free breakfast, he said it was not free. I said I am HH Gold, so I should get free breakfast. He said my HH # was not in my reservation. It had showed the reservation when I looked at my HH account for months, including the day before I arrived so I found it strange he had no idea I was a HH member in the hotel system.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:13 am

Surprised that the comments so far have been positive since it wasn't exactly the most highly regarded Radisson hotel!

Originally Posted by iamjwk
There was a lot of noise from people in the hall that sounded almost like they were in my room - very annoying, especially late at night.
Hotel has historically been used by a lot of international flight crews so this doesn't surprise me since they are on a different time clock.
Firewind likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:24 pm

I’d say my one night stay was nothing impressive. Rooms are very tired but decent size. No status recognition other than breakfast voucher. Street noise was a problem but this is expected given low floors and where it is.

Breakfast was not impressive as all. There was an egg station on a camp stove and the whole thing felt very much like a camping picnic set up. That said the staff were friendly and attentive.

Wont be rushing to stay again but adequate for a stay that lasted approximately ten hours.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-PLT, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ConsultanSea
I’d say my one night stay was nothing impressive. Rooms are very tired but decent size. No status recognition other than breakfast voucher. Street noise was a problem but this is expected given low floors and where it is.

Breakfast was not impressive as all. There was an egg station on a camp stove and the whole thing felt very much like a camping picnic set up. That said the staff were friendly and attentive.

Wont be rushing to stay again but adequate for a stay that lasted approximately ten hours.
Did you happen to check if they have opened the club lounge ?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by rattlerr
Did you happen to check if they have opened the club lounge ?
No, sorry I didn’t and am not sure.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:25 am

Can anyone confirm that the rooms have been renovated. Pics on the website show renovated rooms (and NO old Radisson rooms) but I find it hard to believe that they have completed a full reno of the rooms in such a short time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.