Waldorf Astoria Bangkok {THA}

Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Now accepting reservations for arrival August 1, 2018

Tempting, as I will be there from the 13th, but WA rates are 2.25x what the Conrad is currently asking.
And you get a silk elephant at the Conrad! Also there is a comment above that there may be no executive lounge at the W-A Bangkok.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:26 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Rates seem to be a bit below 8k++ THB for pre-paid and a bit above 9k++ THB for flexible. 65k points is more or less in line with the cash price. I am not surprised by the price level. This is higher than St.Regis, and also no lounge.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:25 am

Now they are acceptiong reservation for arrivals on August 20 or later.

It seems that they have a kind of soft opening. Has anyone staid there already?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escape4
Rates seem to be a bit below 8k++ THB for pre-paid and a bit above 9k++ THB for flexible.
These will undoubtedly drop, just as they have at PH Bangkok.

I really doubt this place is worth 2x the price of SGS, especially with the limited elite benefits at WA.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
These will undoubtedly drop, just as they have at PH Bangkok.

I really doubt this place is worth 2x the price of SGS, especially with the limited elite benefits at WA.
Maybe it's not but no doubt WA prices will come down to a figure that starts in the 6,xxx mark.

That said however the WA's hard product will easily smash the SGS' out of the ball park.

If the WA brand plus Thai hospitality means anything, then service levels should be excellent.

If the SGS was a car, it would be a Lexus LS sedan - highly dependable, comfortable, well treated but at the end of the day just a fancied up Toyota.

Now, the WA looks like cutting edge - probably an Audi A8. Full bangs and whistles and pushing technology to it's limit. It might not be as dependable as the Lexus in the long term but you know you will be getting something good.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by alanslegal
That said however the WA's hard product will easily smash the SGS' out of the ball park.
I agree the hard product should be nicer than SGS (though PH Bangkok should have been much better than it turned out to be). SGS tries harder because they know other, newer properties have them beat on that score.

Will certainly be a nice addition to the Hilton line-up. Better location than Conrad (IMO).
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by Kacee
Will certainly be a nice addition to the Hilton line-up. Better location than Conrad (IMO).
Much much better location than Conrad indeed!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:00 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by robnc35
Hi All
Just wondering what Diamonds get at this hotel around the world and if i can expect any benefits being a diamond here? I know its opening in January 2018.
Thanks in advance
The structure is imposing, but as typical of such instances, the opening date is pushed back to August. The Hilton site offers the following about the Diamond benefits at WA:

MY WAY DIAMOND MEMBERSHIP HOTEL BENEFITS:5

Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts
  • Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
  • 1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay
  • A daily continental breakfast in the hotel's designated restaurant for you and up to one guest registered to the same room each day of your stay7
5 Restrictions and exclusions apply. Not all benefits apply at all properties. See Terms & Conditions for details.
7 Daily complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay. Breakfast is only served in the hotel's designated restaurant or Executive Floor Lounge. In limited hotels, the hotel may provide you with full breakfast or in-room service.

So I guess you will get the breakfast for at least 2 people - Thailand is famous for these huge breakfast spreads and we will see if they let you partake at the buffet and if they let children under the age of 13 (who are registered guests) without charge.

Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:50 pm

Looks like rooms are bookable as of Aug 6.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Looks like rooms are bookable as of Aug 6.
Yes, there was a bit of back and forth about that. I'll stay there next week and I'm looking forward to that experience.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Does anyone know if this property will have an exec lounge?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:03 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Does anyone know if this property will have an exec lounge?
No lounge according to room types available on hilton.com
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:07 am

Got an email from my personal concierge with a listing of tailored experiences:
- they can pick me up at the airport (THB 3.500 each way)
- they offer spa treatments and a gym
- they have a pool
- they offer lunch and dinner
- they offer breakfast
- they offer afternoon tea

To be honest, that are not the most tailored experiences and personal email I've received from a hotel before arrival. Maybe a positive signal, that they are more people of action than of communication.
Kalboz and jumbooze like this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:18 pm

I'm glad they offer breakfast! 😂😳

Looking forward to your review, with thanks!

Originally Posted by thbe
- they have a pool
- they offer breakfast

To be honest, that are not the most tailored experiences and personal email I've received from a hotel before arrival. Maybe a positive signal, that they are more people of action than of communication.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:48 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by thbe
- they have a pool
- they offer breakfast
Most hotels above a certain standard offer these.... they might as well have said they can offer a bed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.