Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Change in toiletries at Hilton hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change in toiletries at Hilton hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
So what‘s really going on here ? Is it other than WA and Conrad, the rest of them become C&E and Neutrogena ? Hilton and DT share C&E, ES, HGI, HI, HS, Home2 are all Neutrogena, i remember ES was used to be Giovanni organic stuff but it is gone to Neutrogena as well.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
I am just surprised a majority seems to favor the crappy overwhelming (and cheapish) smell of E&C over the PTR products. I guess I'm the only one who will miss PTR.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:15 am

Not a fan of the Neutrogena...the smell of the lotion reminds me of the pink powdered soap I used in elementary school nearly 50 years ago, and doesn't seem very moisturizing. I used a leftover PTR shampoo and conditioner while traveling last week...it worked great for my fine lifeless hair.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I stayed at the Hilton Antwerp Old Town a couple of weeks ago and they had the C + E. I always bring my own products because I'm very fussy about toiletries, so I don't really care what brands hotels stock since I rarely use anything they provide.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by Msafiritx
I am just surprised a majority seems to favor the crappy overwhelming (and cheapish) smell of E&C over the PTR products. I guess I'm the only one who will miss PTR.

Agree completely. I loved PTR, and I have often bought it from Sephora for my use at home. Now with the E&C I am always tempted to bring my own shampoo from home.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by JetSet05
Agree completely. I loved PTR, and I have often bought it from Sephora for my use at home. Now with the E&C I am always tempted to bring my own shampoo from home.
I kinda agree, I loved Ptr too, I even bought a box of 200 massage soaps once......I was addicted to soap but I'm clean now!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Also not too enamoured with the new E & C bath amenities. I'll still use them but hope they change again sooner rather than later. I find two issues with the E & C items:

1) the bottles are poor design, they don't seal well and can be hard to open initially sometimes
2) they don't 'pour' well, so you end up with too little or too much and they therefore don't last nearly as long/well as the PTR tubes did IMO.

I certainly don't take them home with me like I did the PTR items.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
I used to love the ptr range when I first used it, I even bought 200 bars of the massage soap off eBay a couple of years ago so she could use it at home......now the novelty has worn off and I have 150 bars of "out of date " soap in my garage .

....I still love this soap
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I frankly don't care about the tiny shampoo/conditioner as I have to pack my own (seriously, it takes something like 5 tiny bottles of conditioner to get through my long glorious mane of hair). But I do miss those massage bars... otherwise I'm just not too picky?

I would like to see more make-up remover wipes though! Had a few of those pop-up in various rooms (I can't recall which ones). That was a very welcome and pleasant surprise. Shame they didn't restock them daily... good thing I pack my own.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by JetSet05
Another one who misses the PTR stuff. Amazon used to carry the shower gel for a decent discount to the list price but seems to have dropped it a couple months ago.

Speaking of Crabcakes & Evelyn: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-only-business
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:53 pm
ECR

I too much preferred the PTR products and don't care much for the E&C stuff. It is a win situation for the hotel though, as I'll not use the hotel toiletries and will use my own instead saving the hotel money.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by rustykettel
I thought they came from UK not US, but in the article it said US
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Was exposed to that lovely stuff the Conrad offers - Shanghai Tan?? Love the scent.
As a side note I have just taken a huge parcel of PTr and C+E soaps and shampoos handed over by colleagues at work up to an orphanage in Fiji - they are super grateful for anything that smacks of quality to call their own.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
Glad to see there's a 'silent majority' who preferred PTR after all. The C&E products are beneath the Hilton brand image in my opinion, I hope the change is transitory.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:09 am
jxd

Glad to see there's a 'silent majority' who preferred PTR after all. The C&E products are beneath the Hilton brand image in my opinion, I hope the change is transitory.
Yes. C&E belongs in hamptons/HGI. Maybe Doubletrees but not hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.