Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hotel del Coronado, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Hotel del Coronado, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Old Sep 18, 2023, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by stcbus
Also only got the $15 credit for the buffet and not $30. I guess that’s technically correct since I was solo but compared to how generous Conrad DC was it felt stingy.
Always register for 2 adults at booking.

No one is doing bed checks .
smmrfld and BigFishDave like this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Always register for 2 adults at booking.

No one is doing bed checks .
pretty sure I did. But I assumed they just counted meals.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 9:16 pm

When redeeming points, the confirmation shows a mandatory $75 fee. I assume this is waived in practice, but wanted to confirm.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coltonatx
When redeeming points, the confirmation shows a mandatory $75 fee. I assume this is waived in practice, but wanted to confirm.
I was there about ~2 weeks ago on a 1 night point stay prior to heading to Carlsbad. I just checked my folio. No indication of the $75 fee.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
It used to be only the Victorian section was available at standard points to book using a FNC, but now I've noticed you can also choose "The Views".

Anyone know anything about "The Views" - looks like it might be a refurbished older building?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
It used to be only the Victorian section was available at standard points to book using a FNC, but now I've noticed you can also choose "The Views".

Anyone know anything about "The Views" - looks like it might be a refurbished older building?
Bump. I'd appreciate any info on The Views too.

ERQ
Old Nov 29, 2023, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
Bump. I'd appreciate any info on The Views too.

ERQ
got moved there when I was waiting too long for a room. Its modern and I got a fantastic view but otherwise pretty boring cookie cutter hotel design.

Old Nov 29, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
That looks just fine to me for free!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 9:22 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Hotel Del Coronado question?

Using Aspire night certs and will have 400 dollars of resort credit to use, Only staying 2 nights and was wondering about any diamond benefits and favorite restaurants there. Have 2 different aspire cards and hope to split the charges at check out. Thanks for any insights for our short stay.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shanna135
Using Aspire night certs and will have 400 dollars of resort credit to use, Only staying 2 nights and was wondering about any diamond benefits and favorite restaurants there. Have 2 different aspire cards and hope to split the charges at check out. Thanks for any insights for our short stay.
I didn't find any of the restaurants there to be truly worth their cost. On our most recent stay we received the $30/day Diamond credit - but breakfast was $79(!!!) per person and nowhere near worth that. 5-6 years ago, we had stayed when Diamonds had the option of a comped continental breakfast that was actually quite good.

With $400 credit I might be tempted to try the Ocean Club ($150 per person per day). But that does imply you're sticking close to the hotel for both breakfast and lunch... It looks interesting and hopefully less frenetic and chaotic than the rest of this hotel.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sky Miles Gold
None of the restaurants will be a good value but we did find all of the food to be of high quality. Certainly better than what you typically get at a resort. We grabbed breakfast and lunch at the deli, can't recall the name. We had dinner one night at Serea which was excellent although very overpriced. We also had dinner at the pool one night which was also very good. You won't be happy about the prices but the quality and service was very good.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

Nobu is opening at Hotel Del by late 2024.

https://www.sandiegoville.com/2024/0...san-diego.html
aztimm and Michael19887 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Nobu is opening at Hotel Del by late 2024.
Over 20 locations now in North America alone.

Not quite like visiting Matsuhisa those first few years I'm afraid.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:23 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
What's the food like at the Beach Club?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.