Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The new "POINTS & MONEY" approach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold

Don't like it....

Just returned from a trip in which I had three nice stays booked the "old way" with POINTS & MONEY. Hilton Charlotte Executive Park, Doubletree Torrance CA, and HGI Olympia WA.

In each case, when I booked the stays, the POINTS & MONEY seemed a better option than either cash or points alone.

Interestingly the rate for all three reservations was the same:
$50 cash plus 12K points per night.

You might not be interested, but I thought that was pretty good.

Anyway, with the new "points and money sliding scale" I no longer see anything that interests me. What looks like a feature to add options now seems like "meh." Maybe it's just me!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
No, it's not just you. The new points & money works at a set rate. The old points & money didn't value the points at a set rate and deals could be found. See this thread for some discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-perk-yet.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.