Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton App - How many upcoming stays will it show/track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:40 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G

More of a curiosity than anything useful...Does anyone knows what happens if you have a significant amount of stays booked and view them through the app? (I'm guessing more than 20 or so?)

I usually only have a few stays booked at any one time but just noted that it keeps adding dots to the stays area...what happens if you have 20+ stays booked? (does it reduce the space and size of the dots to show this or does it just cover the screen in the same spacing from left to right and just move the blue dot to show you wish stay you are looking at as you move through them horizontally? Or are there tabs later if one has that many stays?

Hoping the picture below shows what I am on about! Thanks! ^
Attached Images  
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
You just wanted to show off your Conrad stay this Friday really didn't you

good question though. Personally never had more than around ten upcoming and this was before the app

only have six myself at the mo but hopefully someone with a crazy amount will share the screen with us to see if it has a limit of the dots are squished up
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:03 pm

I have at least 20 booked and they all show in the app.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
I have 20+, theres many dots on the line and it acts sluggish when i flip through my upcomming trips... so I guess it would work better with less bookings
i miss a list of the stays
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Which operating system? It may make a difference?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:04 pm

I use Android. Have had situations with 30+ stays. I did not count but the dots (preview) are not infinite. At a certain number, it prompts me to tap through and view under the reservations "mode" for remaining reservations. Currently only 3 dots though.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: CX Gold
I do not like the current layout. I feel that even 7 stays will make it sluggish. Why don't they just show a list of stays so that we can easily scroll (vertically) through them? We do not need the details of every stay every time.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Which operating system? It may make a difference?
in my case, ios
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Ha, ha, I didn't even know about this feature on the app - thought it just showed the next upcoming stay. Didn't know you could swipe to see all stays.
I always looked under 'reservations' to see all stays.
And there I have no dots, but can scroll through my stays vertically (no details shown).
As it happens, I only have 9 dots showing (and 9 reservations....) - android.

Add : just re-read first post and realize that the amount of dots showing and the amount of reservations are the same.... Am obviously not fit for posting here this evening.

Last edited by helosc; Jul 1, 2017 at 11:10 am
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I do not like the current layout. I feel that even 7 stays will make it sluggish. Why don't they just show a list of stays so that we can easily scroll (vertically) through them? We do not need the details of every stay every time.
Agree for sure. I have submitted exactly this in my app feedback, multiple times, no reponse of course. It is tedious to swipe through every reservation to get to #20 and back through all of them when you want to see #1 . And it does get sluggish after just a few. Personally I have no need to see all the details for every single future reservation I have.

They can easily show upcoming reservations in the same format as past stays, which is much smoother and easier to navigate.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by PayItForward
I use Android. Have had situations with 30+ stays. I did not count but the dots (preview) are not infinite. At a certain number, it prompts me to tap through and view under the reservations "mode" for remaining reservations. Currently only 3 dots though.
Does anyone know if this is still the case. I have 25 reservations and the dots only go up to the 24th reservation. Can swipe to the 25th but no new dot is visible on the screen. Surely there’s a better way of viewing reservations. Currently viewing on app via iPhone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.