Reward Unavailable Issue?

Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Reward Unavailable Issue?

Is anyone else seeing "Rewards Unavailable" for all dates? I can see points awards if I do a search without being logged in. But as soon as I log in it says those nights are no longer available. I checked for months at a few hotels. Than I searched in MSP which has like 20 hotels, none had award availability. I can't imagine this is correct.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I believe if you don't have enough points in your account the points stays will not appear. Could that be the case? I just looked at a couple of random dates in June in MSP and they show fine for me, both logged in and not.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:33 am
Original Poster

I actually do only have about 200 points right now lol. But in the past I could see some of the higher end rooms as available when they were asking 300,000+ points and I never had that much in my account.

Strange, you would think they would at least let you know how many points you would need so you know what to aim for. Plus now they let you pay with points and cash, so money can fill in the difference between your points and the total.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Not being able to see reward availability when logged in due to not having enough points has been an issue for years. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-homewood.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...available.html

To pay with points and money now, iirc, requires points multiples of 1000. Maybe if you had at least 1000 it would show you those options, since you don't maybe it will only show you cash rates.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info. I should have some points posting soon so I will check it out then.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just sign out. Then you will be able to see the points rates. The problem only occurs if you are logged on and don't have many points.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: HHonors GOLD
Having +50k points I'm still not able to see some of the rewards stay although having enough points for at least one night. Weird
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:25 pm

Currently seeing all "Rewards Unavailable" for all hotels, all dates ... Florida, mid-July.

Anyone else?
Old May 18, 2019, 8:04 am

Yes same with me, LAX July

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.