Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hilton Amex Offer Valid through 7/30/17 - $60 off $300 or more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hilton Amex Offer Valid through 7/30/17 - $60 off $300 or more

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
lot's of great Amex offers recently. $45 off Embassy Suites, more HGI offers again and now Hilton. Excellent! I like it
Old May 23, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I've got one on my account offering $200 back on $1000 spend at a Hilton property within the state of Hawaii.

It may help that I am a resident.

I've much rather have the $60 back for $300.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:59 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
I got a $35 off $175 offer for Hampton and HGI only recently added to my DL Reserve AmEx. Valid through 7/30.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
These offers happen all the time - you should have about 50-60 at any one time. I'm thinking maybe some people never even check to see what's there? Not only all the Hilton family ones, but I've gotten money back from Home Depot, Staples, AT&T, etc., etc...literally, 50-60 on offer all the time (granted, most are "silly shopping", but may appeal to some). Check weekly, they change all the time.

Last edited by Eujeanie; May 24, 2017 at 7:24 am
Old May 27, 2017, 11:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
These offers happen all the time - you should have about 50-60 at any one time. I'm thinking maybe some people never even check to see what's there? Not only all the Hilton family ones, but I've gotten money back from Home Depot, Staples, AT&T, etc., etc...literally, 50-60 on offer all the time (granted, most are "silly shopping", but may appeal to some). Check weekly, they change all the time.
If I go to a Hilton hotel and buy a $300 Gift Card, will that trigger the offer?
Old May 28, 2017, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
If I go to a Hilton hotel and buy a $300 Gift Card, will that trigger the offer?
What does your particular offer say?

Mine says "room rate and room charges", which sounds like "no" for my offer, but I don't know if yours is different.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:07 am
Suspended

What does your particular offer say?

Mine says "room rate and room charges", which sounds like "no" for my offer, but I don't know if yours is different.
That's what it always says. But that doesn't necessarily mean the answer is no.

Example: I had one of these offers from Marriott earlier in the year and even though the offer was only for room rate and room charges, I went to a Marriott hotel, bought a gift card, and the AMEX offer was triggered.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Well said. I make a note to check my offers once a week.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
That's what it always says. But that doesn't necessarily mean the answer is no.

Example: I had one of these offers from Marriott earlier in the year and even though the offer was only for room rate and room charges, I went to a Marriott hotel, bought a gift card, and the AMEX offer was triggered.

This one you mentioned was the exact same type of Amex offer? I'm not doubting you, but since Marriott doesn't offer an Amex card, just the Chase Visa, I'm a little surprised they would have this tie-in together. I've never gotten anything but Hilton Family ones with my Amex.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:36 pm

Would it activate the offer if I stay at Hilton and curio, or it has to be Hilton only or curio only?
Old May 29, 2017, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by walkingingotham
Would it activate the offer if I stay at Hilton and curio, or it has to be Hilton only or curio only?
I recently redeemed one by doing one night at Hampton and one night at Hilton Garden Inn, so my vote is that Hilton and Curio would be fine.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Had another Amex Offer this morning for UK properties - obviously won't work for everyone, but if you have an upcoming trip to the UK, might be worth seeing if you have this offer on one of your Amex cards:

Get a 1X $100 USD statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at Hilton properties in the UK from 6/15/17 to 10/31/17. Book direct with Hilton. Must enroll Card prior to booking. See terms.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:50 pm

Hmm I wonder if a Curio stay booked on Hilton.com will count. Just finished one yesterday.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
Thanks. I just logged back into my account and saw that offer there and added to my account. For whatever reason I didn't see it there before. I have a Hilton stay at the end of June that will cover it. The other HGI offer I will be close to hitting with a stay Weds night and I don't have any other HGI stays planned at the current time. I might have to have drinks or dinner there to hit the number. I can't tell from reading the disclaimer whether you can take advantage of both offers. If not I'll wait til the $60 Hilton offer.
Sometimes it's hard to see particular offers in the long list (70 in the list I just looked at on my cc account online), so I used the "Refine by" box to select "Travel" and this offer (along with just two others) popped right up. @:-)

One question I have (forgive me if it was already answered): I already had a qualifying stay earlier this month, but only registered for the offer just now. Does anyone have experience with this working (or not)?

I already read the T&Cs of the offer, at least twice, but my question is not answered there:

Details
Get a 1X $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300+ on room rate and room charges at participating Hilton or Curio properties from 5/22/17 to 7/30/17. Book direct with Hilton or Curio. See terms for exclusions.

Offer Terms
Enrollment limited. Reservations for Hilton Hotels & Resorts must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667. Reservations for Curio – A Collection by Hilton™ must be made online at curiocollection.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-844-442-8746. Offer only valid at Hilton Hotels & Resorts and Curio – A Collection by Hilton™ in the US & US territories. Excludes Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™, Canopy by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites by Hilton™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™. Excludes gift card purchases. Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates. Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/30/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CGNY:0001
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Sometimes it's hard to see particular offers in the long list (70 in the list I just looked at on my cc account online), so I used the "Refine by" box to select "Travel" and this offer (along with just two others) popped right up. @:-)

One question I have (forgive me if it was already answered): I already had a qualifying stay earlier this month, but only registered for the offer just now. Does anyone have experience with this working (or not)?

I already read the T&Cs of the offer, at least twice, but my question is not answered there:
Your question is answered in the FAQ's, and I think the answer is "no".

The FAQ's are not readily visible, I can see them only after I add an offer to my card and then click on, "Added to Card".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.