Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hilton Amex Offer Valid through 7/30/17 - $60 off $300 or more

Old May 22, 2017, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

Hilton Amex Offer

Get a 1X $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300+ on room rate and room charges at participating Hilton or Curio properties from 5/22/17 to 7/30/17. Book direct with Hilton or Curio.

Key Terms

Reservations for Hilton Hotels & Resorts must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667. Reservations for Curio – A Collection by Hilton™ must be made online at curiocollection.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-844-442-8746.
Offer only valid at Hilton Hotels & Resorts and Curio – A Collection by Hilton™ in the US & US territories.

Excludes Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™, Canopy by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites by Hilton™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™.

Excludes gift card purchases.

Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.

Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/30/2017
Old May 22, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Hilton Amex Offer

Get a 1X $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300+ on room rate and room charges at participating Hilton or Curio properties from 5/22/17 to 7/30/17. Book direct with Hilton or Curio.

Key Terms

Reservations for Hilton Hotels & Resorts must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667. Reservations for Curio – A Collection by Hilton™ must be made online at curiocollection.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-844-442-8746.
Offer only valid at Hilton Hotels & Resorts and Curio – A Collection by Hilton™ in the US & US territories.

Excludes Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™, Canopy by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites by Hilton™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™.

Excludes gift card purchases.

Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.

Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/30/2017
I have had a Surpass card for a little over a year and don't recall ever getting any offers like this. I just logged into my Amex account and I did stumble across an HGI offer to spend $175 and get a $35 credit through the end of June. Do you get emails alerting you to these offers or do you have to log into your account to see what is there? Thx.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
A lot of the offers are targeted, but with this one, you can sync your American Express account with twitter and then tweet:
@americanExpress @amexOffers #amexhltncurio get$60back 1x on room charges $300+ @hiltonhotels w/cnctd Amexcard

It will add the offer to your card.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:21 am

I have two short stays at Hiltons coming up during this promotion period. Does the $300 have to be in one stay, or is it cumulative?
Old May 22, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
my read is it's cumulative.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Abidjan
my read is it's cumulative.
Yes it is...we use these all the time, just got through with 2 Embassy Suites and 2 HI/HGI (we have 2 HH Amex cards).

I've been waiting for a Hilton one for this time period - yay!
Old May 22, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Yes it is...we use these all the time, just got through with 2 Embassy Suites and 2 HI/HGI (we have 2 HH Amex cards).

I've been waiting for a Hilton one for this time period - yay!
Great... Thanks for the data points​!
Old May 22, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by TheFreakShow
Great... Thanks for the data points​!
And just another fyi, it includes taxes, and anything that is charged to the room...all Amex cares about is that your total that appears on your Amex statement meets or exceeds the dollar amount they state.

I'm $20 short on our Hilton stay within the time period, so looks like we'll be forced to have a couple of cocktails in the lounge!
Old May 22, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
A lot of the offers are targeted, but with this one, you can sync your American Express account with twitter and then tweet:
@americanExpress @amexOffers #amexhltncurio get$60back 1x on room charges $300+ @hiltonhotels w/cnctd Amexcard

It will add the offer to your card.
Thanks. I just logged back into my account and saw that offer there and added to my account. For whatever reason I didn't see it there before. I have a Hilton stay at the end of June that will cover it. The other HGI offer I will be close to hitting with a stay Weds night and I don't have any other HGI stays planned at the current time. I might have to have drinks or dinner there to hit the number. I can't tell from reading the disclaimer whether you can take advantage of both offers. If not I'll wait til the $60 Hilton offer.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
Thanks. I just logged back into my account and saw that offer there and added to my account. For whatever reason I didn't see it there before. I have a Hilton stay at the end of June that will cover it. The other HGI offer I will be close to hitting with a stay Weds night and I don't have any other HGI stays planned at the current time. I might have to have drinks or dinner there to hit the number. I can't tell from reading the disclaimer whether you can take advantage of both offers. If not I'll wait til the $60 Hilton offer.
They are all individual offers and you can take advantage of every one. Just be sure you use the exact card (not an AU's card).
Old May 22, 2017, 3:47 pm

Just an FYI, I did the amex offer on Waldorfs or Hilton from ~November and I booked through the app for extra points. Well I had to call 3 times to get the offer posted. They kept telling me I had to book direct and I explaining that I did. I literally had to read the terms of the offer to them in order to prove I did nothing wrong. Very frustrating but I did get the cash eventually.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:09 am

Although the term mentioned that offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, I'm wondering if there are any experiences with the prepaid rate for this type of offer. I have this offer and need a weekend stay, but the flexible rates are just much more expansive than the prepaid rate. Any information would be appreciated.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:14 am

This is just speculation on my part, but if you book a prepaid rate DURING the offer period, I see no reason why it would not count...it would show up on your Amex statement as a Hilton charge, in the right timeframe, right?

I think them saying that prepaid rates do not count might mean you can't retroactively claim the offer for a stay that you paid for before the offer period, even if you stay during that time?

Well, I just looked at the TErms and they are very clear about "does not apply to Advance Purchase Rates"...but how would they know?

If the rate is *that* much better for you to book an advance purchase, why not just do it, and if you get the $60 back it will be gravy?

Last edited by Eujeanie; May 23, 2017 at 9:19 am
Old May 23, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've always thought it is because the AP charge comes through from a Hilton central booking office (or whatever you call it), whereas the promo is triggered by checkout charges from the property itself.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Just attached this promo to my Amex account as Im going to Cali this weekend. Many thanks to the OP for this otherwise I would have missed it!! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.