Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Standard Room Awards now capacity controlled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standard Room Awards now capacity controlled?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Hotels can do whatever they want!

Lauren and I thought we could get Hilton Chongqing to follow rules, since they were selling the regular room at deep discounts, but not making the same room available as awards. Lauren raised it with the hotel at least 4 times. 1st, hotel said it will get corrected end of the week. 2nd time, they said it would take two weeks. Translation: This is low low priority / Ain't gonna happen. Last two times, Lauren tried to get the hotel to contact me directly, but they ignored both of us.

Seeing the last post, I think I too contributed to shaking Lauren's faith in the Honors program. Here is someone who is the premier ambassador and goes to great lengths for us because we're all a bit zealous. And then we have these properties that are Hilton in name only.

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Did you read back in the thread. See this post from two weeks ago:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28917017-post26.html
If nothing changed as she stated have you tried to PM her?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:07 pm

Hi all, related question. At a number of properties I see no award availability for the nights I actually want to say (let's say I only want to stay on a Saturday night). But when I extend the search to two nights (Friday - Sunday), suddenly both nights are available.

Why does this happen? Can I book the two nights with points, then call and change the stay to 1 night only?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jl1990
Hi all, related question. At a number of properties I see no award availability for the nights I actually want to say (let's say I only want to stay on a Saturday night). But when I extend the search to two nights (Friday - Sunday), suddenly both nights are available.

Why does this happen? Can I book the two nights with points, then call and change the stay to 1 night only?
not very likely , looks to be hotel is imposing a minimum 2night stay that weekend Fri+Sat or sat+Sun, probably because limited number of roms left for Sat night (or some event in area over the weekend)

1. Not unusual for hotels to have a minimum stay when one night is limited remaining capacity ...eg If only a few Sat nights left, if the remaining Sat nights booked hotel can not then sell Fri/sun nights nearly as easily.

The 2night minimum no doubt applies equally to ADR/Flex/Points reservations

2. Where a 2night as in your case, min stay exists, hotel will not let you reduce a stay below minimum stay requirement

3. Any mod of booking (changing stay dates/length) is a behind scenes ... cancel/reprice/rebook, so can not overcome a minimum nights restriction
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Looking at Hilton Sydney for 2018
There is NOT A SINGLE DAY in 2018 past Feb where a standard Hilton award is available even though there are plenty of standard rates to book?
How can that be? Are all their rooms premium?
Did not know that Hilton Sydney are playing games and capacity controlling their rooms too?

Last edited by ermen; Dec 16, 2017 at 9:10 am
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ermen
Looking at Hilton Sydney for 2018
There is NOT A SINGLE DAY in 2018 past Feb where a standard Hilton award is available even though there are plenty of standard rates to book?
How can that be? Are all their rooms premium?
Did not know that Hilton Sydney are playing games and capacity controlling their rooms too?
Hotel has not loaded the award inventory in the reservation system.

You can contact HH or ask Lauren to escalate the issue.

I once had similar issue with an AC hotel in Madrid - they loaded the wrong rates even for the revenue - everything was nonrefundable and no award night but during the same period, another AC merely 2 blocks away had availability everyday. I called Marriott central reservation system, informed the agent that all rates were non refundable. I also submitted an online email to Marriott program detailed the irregularity. 5 days later, everything was fixed. Availability showed up on both fully refundable revenue rates as well as award availability.

Hence I suggest the first course of action is to inform HH and hope this is just an oversight which seems not unusual and is across multiple programs I have encountered over the course of several years. (SPG Dubrovnik had that happened in 2015 fwiw).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.