Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rio De Janiero Copacabana {BRA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rio De Janiero Copacabana {BRA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by coltonatx
Can’t find ONE night with standard room availability?

what room type is standard?

the lowest room on any date (cash) is ocean view 1br king, which is considered a premium room
FWIW I think they may do something like this: "Sell out" their lowest-category rooms to Flight Crews and also to travel agencies.
Then, their "lowest room category available" is always premium.
You can often find this hotel on last minute web sites for around US$120, but not on Hilton.com
That said, I did like my stay here.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Any experience with getting elite benefits on third-party bookings at this property?
With the current Delta Vacations promo, debating booking here over the Best Western in Ipanema for a difference of $300 over 3 nights.... (The rate includes a $50 F&B credit, an upgrade, and early check-in/late check-out anyway)

Last edited by Adam1222; Nov 12, 2019 at 4:42 am
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:40 pm

Hilton Diamond has confirmed the hotel DOES NOT offer standard rooms... like ever.
The hotel is premium-rooms only starting at 58,000 per night and there's no cap.
Why? Because it's on the beach.
I am not kidding ... I spent a lot of time on the phone, agents reached to the hotel, I escalated and that was the final resolution.
RafKa likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Any experience with getting elite benefits on third-party bookings at this property?
With the current Delta Vacations promo, debating booking here over the Best Western in Ipanema for a difference of $300 over 3 nights.... (The rate includes a $50 F&B credit, an upgrade, and early check-in/late check-out anyway)
Following up, my diamond benefits were honored. Was given 8:45am check in and 4pm bj check out. Upgraded to their ocean front junior suite, which really isn't a junior suite at all. Just a big room. Everything else was as others have suggested. Friendly lounge staff. Happy to answer any questions.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:38 pm

Following up, my diamond benefits were honored. Was given 8:45am check in and 4pm bj check out. Upgraded to their ocean front junior suite, which really isn't a junior suite at all. Just a big room. Everything else was as others have suggested. Friendly lounge staff. Happy to answer any questions.
what site did you book through? How did you get them to honor benefits?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by coltonatx
what site did you book through? How did you get them to honor benefits?
As indicated, it was booked via Delta Vacations.
Delta Vacations gave me a Hilton confirmation #. I looked up the number on the Hilton site and input my Honors number. It may be different than with OTAs like Expedia or hotels.com.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:12 pm

Yup. It’s been confirmed the hotel doesn’t offer standard rooms... EVER
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/11/12/...d-awards-ever/
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:58 am

Anyone got an email for this hotel please.
I made a prepaid booking but am hoping to change my room type from 1 bed to 2.
Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by potm
Anyone got an email for this hotel please.
I made a prepaid booking but am hoping to change my room type from 1 bed to 2.
Thanks
From the hotels page on hilton.com: [email protected]
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
Any recent experience at this hotel? Question about visiting with my 16 year old so

Going to be there end of March with my 16 year old for 5 days. Is this a bad idea? Just want to hang out at pool and beach and see sights. Any suggestions or thoughts?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by JB123
Going to be there end of March with my 16 year old for 5 days. Is this a bad idea? Just want to hang out at pool and beach and see sights. Any suggestions or thoughts?
Not sure why it would be a bad idea. Two pools and a beach right there, and you can Uber to any sights easily. It's not the most luxurious property but it's certainly fine. Pics and info from my recent stay in a trip report here: Hotel Review: Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana ? You Went Where???
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:32 am

Thank you do you have any suggestions for activities or sights?

Not sure why it would be a bad idea. Two pools and a beach right there, and you can Uber to any sights easily. It's not the most luxurious property but it's certainly fine. Pics and info from my recent stay in a trip report here: Hotel Review: Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana ? You Went Where???

i was there for work 10 years ago several times. But that was a work experience. Spent time in offices and restaurants at night. Any help would be appreciated. Probably no interest in museums.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:25 am

i was there for work 10 years ago several times. But that was a work experience. Spent time in offices and restaurants at night. Any help would be appreciated. Probably no interest in museums.
I suggest checking out the destination forums for Brazil, where you can read a number of existing threads that cover various aspects of this large city
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brazil-678/
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:29 pm

Unfortunately that forum is not so responsive and helpful

I suggest checking out the destination forums for Brazil, where you can read a number of existing threads that cover various aspects of this large city
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brazil-678/
anyone who stayed at this hotel have any suggestions?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:28 am

anyone who stayed at this hotel have any suggestions?
It's been a day. I'm not sure what you want. Google "things to do in Rio." Get a guidebook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.