Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Disneyland, California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Disneyland, California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Disneyland, California, USA {US-CA}

So i have to go to Anaheim for a work meeting in June- planning on taking kids to Disneyland before the meeting. Would appreciate any and all insight and comments on this.

HH Gold. Almost diamond...almost, but wont be fore this stay. 2-4 night stay. Its for debate now. Meeting starts Tuesday, could fly out Fri or Sat night. Planning on Disney for 2 days. Figure Sunday Monday will be a more enjoyable experience than Sat/Sun with the masses.

Where should we stay? We will not have a vehicle.

Kiddos are 3 and 4.

Hilton Anaheim- heard not great things about breakfast, pool looks amazing with water features for the kids- 50k points per night

Homewood- Its a Homewood so we know breakfast will be decent, and rooms have kitchenettes so we can cook in the room and save some $$, pool looks pretty solid- 50k points per night

Doubletree Convention Center- Its a doubletree...always good breakfast. Pool looks OK. 42k points per night

Hampton- I try not to stay at Hamptons...someone may be able to convince me to. 32k points per night

Embassy Suites South- Love Embassy Suites. Pool looks OK. 49k points per night

Doubletree 1 mile away- 30k points per night. Pool looks good.

Missing anything?
Old May 8, 2017, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
None of those are going to be particularly interesting hotels...I suppose I'd go with the DT for 30k. (I'm also assuming that none of these have attractive paid rates for your dates?) Uber/Lyft are everywhere there: having a vehicle is almost more hassle than it's worth.

I like Hamptons if they're *really* rural. I'm not a fan of them in cities or suburbs. Basically, if the Hampton Inn is the nicest hotel for many miles around, as rural ones often are, then it usually attracts the best staff and the finest clientele.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:35 pm

If that Doubletree is the one near the Anaheim Angels stadium, then it is really good. The Embassy is too.

All of them have free shuttles to Disneyland.

There's also a Hilton Garden Inn next to the Embassy.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
The DoubleTree Suites at the intersection of Harbor/Orangewood is my favorite property in the area.

Rooms are large. Breakfast is very good. For Diamonds, its a full hot/cold buffet. It's a close walk to the park and there is a shuttle. Pool is serviceable, but it's not a resort by any means.

The high-rise DoubleTree that's about a mile away is nice, but breakfast was stingy. They did have coupons for afternoon snacks in the bar for HHonors members.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maya Blue
If that Doubletree is the one near the Anaheim Angels stadium, then it is really good. The Embassy is too.

All of them have free shuttles to Disneyland.

There's also a Hilton Garden Inn next to the Embassy.
Be careful on the shuttles. Be aware the Anaheim Hilton does not have free shuttles. It seems like more and more hotels are going toward the "paid red bus" method. I usually walk from the Anaheim Hilton, but it is not an exciting property for children and for YOUNG children it would not be a pleasant walk. OTOH, as a diamond I have been upgraded to the presidential suite, which has windows on three sides of the building if that tells you the size. The "long" side of the room was windows facing the fireworks. Seating for 40. Separate his/hers bathrooms. Pretty nice.

I have stayed at all of these properties - but it has been many years for some of them so I don't know if they even have the shuttles I rode years ago. I'd probably go for the Doubletree Suites at Harbor and Orangewood if I were down there with children. Nothing special on the pool, but the diamond breakfast was good and it's an all suite hotel.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
I stayed at the Doubletree last year. Took the shuttle to the Disney parks. Walked to Angels Stadium for a game. It's also across from an outlet mall of that helps.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...CDT/index.html

Best bang for the buck / points in the area.
Old May 8, 2017, 4:00 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by goduke7

Doubletree Convention Center- Its a doubletree...always good breakfast. Pool looks OK. 42k points per night
Stayed at this Doubletree a couple of years ago and we all loved it. Great service from the staff, nice breakfast each morning and although the pool was small, it was usually quiet, even in August. Pool has no shallow end and is not suitable for very young children without supervision. Suites were nice and we had two of them. Daughter and her two children had a suite with 2 Queen beds. We did have a hire car, which we used once to get to Disneyland but used the local bus, which stopped outside the hotel, to get to the California Adventure on our second park visit. This saved us parking and the long trek from the car park to the entrance.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goduke7
So i have to go to Anaheim for a work meeting in June- planning on taking kids to Disneyland before the meeting. Would appreciate any and all insight and comments on this.

HH Gold. Almost diamond...almost, but wont be fore this stay. 2-4 night stay. Its for debate now. Meeting starts Tuesday, could fly out Fri or Sat night. Planning on Disney for 2 days. Figure Sunday Monday will be a more enjoyable experience than Sat/Sun with the masses.

Kiddos are 3 and 4.

Hilton Anaheim- heard not great things about breakfast, pool looks amazing with water features for the kids- 50k points per night

Homewood- Its a Homewood so we know breakfast will be decent, and rooms have kitchenettes so we can cook in the room and save some $$, pool looks pretty solid- 50k points per night

Hampton- I try not to stay at Hamptons...someone may be able to convince me to. 32k points per night

Embassy Suites South- Love Embassy Suites. Pool looks OK. 49k points per night

Doubletree 1 mile away- 30k points per night. Pool looks good.

Missing anything?
Perhaps. The HGI in the same cluster as the Hampton and Embassy. and can be about the same number of points (circa 30k) as the Hampton. But it tends to sell out faster. For example, it didn't come up in a search for this Friday, but did for the Friday after that.

I like it much more than the Hampton across the parking lot, given that the HGI's cooked-to-order free breakfast for Gold (and above) beats the pants off a Hampton breakfast. (Though how many in the party get free breakfast at HGI? That's the part I don't know, because I don't have kids.)
Old May 9, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
the Homewood-maingate has a red robin and outback steakhouse in the parking lot out front. I always stayed at the embassy suites. loved the breakfast and suites. I have stayed at the doubletree suites and I don't think all their rooms are suites.

Last edited by bearkatt; May 9, 2017 at 8:42 am
Old May 12, 2017, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. The Doubletree Orange County lowered down to 25k and 29k for the two nights respectively.
Old May 13, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
The Orange Doubletree also runs its own shuttle service (not contracted, etc.) unlike some of the other surrounding hotels. Also sort of behind it is a large shopping center, quite a bit of food options, many open very late at night.

It isn't right in the Disney neighborhood, but the shuttle was good, reliable, and quick. Enjoyed the breakfast (asked nicely for full hot at check in and got it as Gold- traded away the room upgrade they offered me to a Suite (didn't need it, wasn't going to be there much and figured a family would be better served by an upgrade like that than me so why take it)- the breakfast default is a Continental and an upcharge of maybe $8 or so for hot). Breakfast was pretty good, I liked the property.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
Hotel near SNA

I’m looking for hotel recommendations in the area. My coworker and I will be there for 5 days with a ton of downtime. All we really need is to be an hours drive from the airport. We will have a rental car. We are looking for a hotel in a fun area with a lot to walk around. Or a nice hotel that has a lot in it.

Really any ideas, I’m stumped and don’t know the area that well.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Doubletree Suites on Harbor Blvd. was my favorite hotel in the area.

Not as flashy as the Hilton, but better value and breakfast.

Walking distance to Downtown Disney and a ton of food/entertainment options.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Since you don't have to be right at the airport, Huntington Beach (Hilton Waterfront Inn). Fantastic area.
DiverDave and ptownca like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.