Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Disneyland, California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Disneyland, California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: Status... we don't need no stinkin' status
Originally Posted by dascc
Looking to book a stay for later this year. Between Hilton Anaheim and DT Convention Center which would be better option as a Diamond? Breakfast options/upgrades?
Yeah.... we want to know also
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by dascc
Looking to book a stay for later this year. Between Hilton Anaheim and DT Convention Center which would be better option as a Diamond? Breakfast options/upgrades?
Originally Posted by GOODFELA
Yeah.... we want to know also
If breakfast is important DT Suites Anaheim Convention Center is the way to go.
You won't likely get a room upgrade, other than maybe high floor or corner, if requested, but the rooms are all "suites" with a living area and sleeping area separated by a wall and a bath. Much like Embassy, but perhaps a tad smaller. The Diamond breakfast buffet is far more than you'll get at the Anaheim Hilton. Also, rooms at the Anaheim Hilton are pretty standard Hilton rooms, nothing to go crazy over. Hilton breakfast is either coupon for continental buffet or a breakfast pasty/bagel plus coffee drink at the on-site Starbucks.
DELee likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:12 am

Hilton Hotels in Anaheim, CA

Is there some reason that I am missing why the Hilton chain hotels in Anaheim haven't released much of their 2021 calendars yet? I'm looking to book for Summer 2021 and the same issue doesn't appear to affect other hotels for the same nights across California..

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I'm trying to determine whether this is just a late release of dates in these 'unprecendented' times or whether there is some consolidation of hotels in Anaheim due to reduced visitor numbers?
Old Sep 20, 2020, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by RichH6109
Is there some reason that I am missing why the Hilton chain hotels in Anaheim haven't released much of their 2021 calendars yet? I'm looking to book for Summer 2021 and the same issue doesn't appear to affect other hotels for the same nights across California..

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I'm trying to determine whether this is just a late release of dates in these 'unprecendented' times or whether there is some consolidation of hotels in Anaheim due to reduced visitor numbers?
Waiting to see which, if any, conventions come back, along with Disney status.
writerguyfl and RichH6109 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichH6109

Some of them aren't open (since March), yet are taking bookings, and then redirecting you to another hotel nearby! See here:

Hilton online showing availability every day for hotels closed until mid-July!

(Except that the original end date of mid July was based on a theory that Disneyland might open by then, but it still hasn't opened and it's still not clear when it might open. So AFAIK this book-and-switch is still going on.)

It could be that with them closed for so long, they're not sure about their eventual re-opening at this point.

And just as their is no Disneyland open, there are no conventions in Anaheim, and that may take even longer (because it's a lot easier to open a theme park with attendance limits in place as to try to enforce social distancing, and with theme parks mostly being outside, than to open an indoor convention space with attendance limits and social distancing enforced.

So I can envision that it might take much, much longer for conventions to resume in Anaheim than even for Disneyland to first re-open (at limited capacity).

And depending on how long Disneyland stays at what limited capacity, how much less hotel space will that require?
RichH6109 likes this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 20, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Some of them aren't open (since March), yet are taking bookings, and then redirecting you to another hotel nearby! See here:

Hilton online showing availability every day for hotels closed until mid-July!

(Except that the original end date of mid July was based on a theory that Disneyland might open by then, but it still hasn't opened and it's still not clear when it might open. So AFAIK this book-and-switch is still going on.)

It could be that with them closed for so long, they're not sure about their eventual re-opening at this point.

And just as their is no Disneyland open, there are no conventions in Anaheim, and that may take even longer (because it's a lot easier to open a theme park with attendance limits in place as to try to enforce social distancing, and with theme parks mostly being outside, than to open an indoor convention space with attendance limits and social distancing enforced.

So I can envision that it might take much, much longer for conventions to resume in Anaheim than even for Disneyland to first re-open (at limited capacity).

And depending on how long Disneyland stays at what limited capacity, how much less hotel space will that require?
As an annual passholder who relies on those hotels (Love the Harbor DoubleTree), I wonder how many won't be able to make it back to reopening period.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by mfolf
As an annual passholder who relies on those hotels (Love the Harbor DoubleTree), I wonder how many won't be able to make it back to reopening period.
My family is planning a trip to Disneyland the week before Christmas. I guess extra Diamond recognition is non-existent in all properties these days. Is there other properties than SunCoast park the are refurbished last 5 years?

is the pool at SunCoast still heated?

Which Hilton family hotels are less than 0,8 miles from main entrance to Disney?
Old Nov 19, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Is there other properties than SunCoast park the are refurbished last 5 years?

Which Hilton family hotels are less than 0,8 miles from main entrance to Disney?
I'm not sure this Homewood is even 5 years old yet. It's in good shape and close to the park.
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/ana...vention-center
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We just spent 4 nights, 4 rooms at the ES South. Shuttle was fantastic. I see from old posts before it was free, not anymore, but it was very reasonable. Not sure what all the adults and kids paid but as the grandparents we paid $3.50 each for 3 days unlimited rides. And the shuttle stop is right outside the ES on the drive coming up - shared with the HI and HGI, but it was only SRO in the morning, but they let everyone on.

We chose the ES because of free breakfast for all (since we were paying for everyone), suites so breathing room for everyone, and the cocktail hour was a couple of times perk that we could take or leave. Zero Diamond recognition, got all the room types we booked (including guaranteed connecting rooms for the grandkids and their parents). It was the perfect choice for us.

Over and above our hotel choice I can't stress enough to pay extra for Genie + (plus) on your park tickets. Enables you to reserve ride after ride to go straight to the Lightning Lane for very, very short waits for most rides. Pretty much all but the Fantasy Land "baby" rides, but I think that's more of a function of nowhere to put a fast lane.

I'm glad I chose the ES south and would stay there again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.