Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Kingston Upon Thames {GBR}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Kingston Upon Thames {GBR}

Old Apr 25, 17, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Kingston Upon Thames {GBR}

My search didn't turn up any useful threads or comments. Hope I didn't miss any. I'll be staying at this property in a couple of weeks and would be grateful for any information about it. Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 17, 10:26 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by travisw View Post
My search didn't turn up any useful threads or comments. Hope I didn't miss any. I'll be staying at this property in a couple of weeks and would be grateful for any information about it. Thanks!
I think I can remember announcing it in the sticky thread but no dedicated thread yet ( I could be wrong).
I've been meaning to try this one as Kingston upon Thames is a pretty place, please let us know how you get on....thanks.
Old Apr 25, 17, 11:55 am

I stayed there a few weeks ago. It is a beautiful hotel. breakfast was great and varied. free drinks were also included and they have an evening bar with good selection. pleasant stay overall.
Old Apr 27, 17, 8:00 am

I have not stayed but live nearby. The location is great WRT Kingston station and the river. The Boaters Inn is a short walk down river and is a nice spot for a pint on the water.
Old Apr 27, 17, 11:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
I had a six night stay there end of last month. It was supposed to be a 10 night stay, but they had to close down the entire hotel for a major maintenance issue, so we were re-accommodated at the Waldorf for the final 4 nights. Kudos to the reservations staff for going out of their way to get us re-accommodated at an acceptable alternative location and at our original room rate.

Overall it was a good stay. Great location and nice rooms with reasonable rates. Breakfast buffet selection was above average with many options, including cooked to order eggs.

Premium internet was acceptable, but there were times when it seemed to be slow or down, and it required logging in every day.

We booked and received a corner king room (no upgrade). I would not pay extra for this room again. Because of the way it angles to a point, the wall-mounted TV is inconvenient to watch from the bed. The angles also make the room feel tight, and all the corner rooms are right above the train tracks, so you hear trains first thing in the morning and late into the night.

I'd stay again (in fact I have another booking in August), but would go for a regular room.
Old Oct 29, 17, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was here last weekend, arriving late after I function I was attending. Staff where friendly, given a drinks voucher for the bar. The room was nice, and reasonably quiet considering I was on a high floor overlooking the railway line.

The breakfast itself was hit and miss. The plates were warm (wizla), with the standard fly up/continental fare. But tea/coffee is all behind the bar, and it must have been the young 'weekend' staff, as I wasn't offered tea or coffee until I had finished breakfast, and that took 3 trips for the staff member to serve - the tea, then the mug, and finally some milk! Oh well, I wasn't in a hurry!
Old Sep 2, 19, 9:18 am
NoY

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, EY Gold, QR Gold, CX, SQ
Any recent Diamond stays here? Seems like a forgotten hotel - thanks!
Old Sep 2, 19, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Not stayed but did pop in for a coffee and use the loo at the beginning of summer as I was in the area, it looked immaculate in the bar and reception areas .
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 2, 19, 1:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Been there a few weeks ago.
Got an upgrade, rooms are new and nice.
Two drink vouchers for Wine or Beer.
Had to pay for the parking - although as a Diamond-Member.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 2, 19, 11:21 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, EY Gold, QR Gold, CX, SQ
Thanks guys, will stay next week, it seems. Will report back
Old Sep 2, 19, 11:55 pm

Good man!...... be interesting to hear your comments.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 9:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
I have stayed at the hotel a couple of times as Gold and Diamond. I find it perfectly fine and usually got upgraded. I liked the drinks vouchers which can be used at the bar. The breakfast is very good in my opinion.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 10:02 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by florens View Post
I have stayed at the hotel a couple of times as Gold and Diamond. I find it perfectly fine and usually got upgraded. I liked the drinks vouchers which can be used at the bar. The breakfast is very good in my opinion.
Sounds good^ Looking forward to it
Old Sep 10, 19, 12:41 pm
NoY

Completed a good one night stay at the hotel this week. Booked Standard King & was pre-upgraded to a Corner King/Balcony. Nice but awkward shape! Rejected the room & swapped for a Standard King due to the high noise levels from the Corner King - rail, road, construction-ugh! My standard room was quiet (back of hotel) & spacious enough.

The finish here is high indeed - very reminiscent of Hilton Bankside - this means it punches well above its weight - very modern - in fact its the nicest Hilton-family decor of any UK Hilton I have stayed at apart from Bankside ^

Staff a bit useless (no cookie or water given at checkin) & keys didn't work, but nice & well-intentioned!

Breakfast was good; hot plates () Fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, etc & decent bread/pastries. Coffee machine produced decent enough coffee too. All in all very good.

Would stay again.
wizla likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: