Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Lincoln Plaza London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} [Closed thru January 02, 2024]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lincoln Plaza London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} [Closed thru January 02, 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH FTL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hugolover
Get the pax in. Give them bennies. Establish your base. Remove the bennies. Cream off those who are not worth your time.
Yes, and this probably works. It's just that this hotel just moved from #1 in Canary Wharf to #3 (post Hilton and Novotel). As long as they are significantly cheaper I will still stay here, but if not...
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remember the management culture. There’s managers who will boast about removing biscuits from a tea tray and how they saved ŁŁŁŁ per year. It doesn’t occur to them that if you need to do something like this, there is something wrong with your product.

I am sure it’s an opening line in the Club “I’ve saved ŁŁŁŁ in minibar costs to our Diamond members”! “Grab your coat!”
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stepfel

Yes, and I just realized that it's more. For the beverage vouchers I no longer get any draught beer (only Peroni bottles, and who would want that?), and the wine selection is also very limited now.
Oh, and I would exclude the 2nd barman from the list of great staff
Last week they had no draught in the bar as there was an issue with the pumps, has this now been fixed?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH FTL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Last week they had no draught in the bar as there was an issue with the pumps, has this now been fixed?
Yes it is fixed. Just not on vouchers
Old May 5, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Stayed there recently and liked it. A bit shocked that the free beer option is limited to bottles of Peroni most Hilton group hotels* tend to me a lot more flexible with what they give away. I actually wasn't going to have any alcohol that night but the free vouchers had made me decide to have a couple of beers but I ended up paying for something better and using the vouchers for bottles of Coke.

I like the design of the rooms (not sure what type it was but it ended in 01) and loved the breakfast. It's nice to get made to order for a change.

One thing I've not seen mentioned, there's fresh milk in the minibar (free), a nice range of teas, a Nespresso machine and a nice selection of cups. For those who like milk in their tea/coffee it's a vast improvement over the UHT stuff you normally get. I just drank the milk on its own as I drink tea black.

I found the gym without having to ask, it's not exactly obvious. If you take the lift to the basement the doors open out into the area where the meeting rooms are. You have to walk through a section of the basement which is undecorated so looks like customers shouldn't be there. The gym has a lot of cardio equipment (forgot to look at the range of weights) and seems to be open 24 hours (I was there until 10pm and there was no sign of closing). Nobody else was using it. You can take a look at the pool from here as well, there's a (locked) glass door separating the pool from the changing rooms.

They also have their own shop which is also intended for locals (the building has residential apartments too) it has an interesting range of beers and other drinks that you can't get in most supermarkets, so I decided to get a selection to take home and try (plus point: I can charge to my room so I get points for beer tasting!). If you want something a bit more usual there's also a Tesco across the road.

If you stay in hotels a lot I'd advise giving it a go, the a la carte breakfast is a good change to the standard offering you get from most hotels. My guess is they're experimenting at the moment as to what is a good selection of benefits v the cost of providing them.

* the most generous Hilton group property I've experienced is the DoubleTree Manchester Piccadilly, it's been two years since I was last there, but then they gave two vouchers (presumably as two guests) for every night booked, so when I went there for Manchester Pride I ended up with 8 drinks vouchers! It works though, as it encourages you to use the hotel bar.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by layz
If you stay in hotels a lot I'd advise giving it a go, the a la carte breakfast is a good change to the standard offering you get from most hotels. My guess is they're experimenting at the moment as to what is a good selection of benefits v the cost of providing them.
Thanks for the report. As a matter of interest, what exactly was the diamond breakfast offered? Just one item from the menu? one 'starter' item + one cooked item? or as much as you like??
Old May 5, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Thanks for the report. As a matter of interest, what exactly was the diamond breakfast offered? Just one item from the menu? one 'starter' item + one cooked item? or as much as you like??
Yeah I’d be interested too....... I wandered over there during my last stay at Hilton Canary Wharf, seemed like a hotel within a tower block, that said I liked it, I’m tempted to stay sometime but no parking and the Hilton executive lounge option seems to sway me ( now the lounge is good again ) ....will see.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very good question, the menu states that those with a breakfast inclusive rate will get one item from the bakery section (included cereals), one main item and a choice of hot and cold drinks. As that's all I wanted that day then I didn't ask if diamonds could have more.
You sign a bill at the end of it which is then taken off by the front desk. I'm guessing if the bill doesn't look too high they'll not question it.
I've not tried the Hilton Canary Wharf, I will do at some point, but as I used to until recently live nearby I never had the reason to. That means I can't say which of the two is better.

If you do try ordering some extra items then let me know how you get on.
wizla likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very good question, the menu states that those with a breakfast inclusive rate will get one item from the bakery section (included cereals), one main item and a choice of hot and cold drinks. As that's all I wanted that day then I didn't ask if diamonds could have more.
You sign a bill at the end of it which is then taken off by the front desk. I'm guessing if the bill doesn't look too high they'll not question it.
I've not tried the Hilton Canary Wharf, I will do at some point, but as I used to until recently live nearby I never had the reason to. That means I can't say which of the two is better.

If you do try ordering some extra items then let me know how you get on.
The Diamond option was the same as those on full breakfast inclusive rates.

One cold drink (juice or smoothie) plus one hot drink (including Barista coffees), plus one cereal or bakery item (the bircher muesli was very nice) plus one cooked item (e.g. full English or eggs benedict etc.).

It was a very good selection and well executed except that they tended to bring hot and cold together unless you asked them not to.

It is probably the most civilised breakfast option in any hotel in London at the moment (far better than the Intercontinental Park Lane Lounge which I take as a reference point for cooked to order). I loathe breakfast buffets especially when going to work as I don't want to spend 15 mins making toast and assembling beverages and breakfast ingredients I just want to sit down and eat.

The Lincoln Plaza puts the fairly dismal breakfast offering at the nearby Hilton CW to shame.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I loathe breakfast buffets especially when going to work as I don't want to spend 15 mins making toast and assembling beverages and breakfast ingredients I just want to sit down and eat.
I feel the opposite, the buffet breakfast gives you more control of your time so is ideal before work. I find the ŕ la carte ideal for leisure trips or weekends where you can take a more relaxed form of service. I must admit I rarely bother with toast at a buffet, that's one of the things I wished most hotels would offer to bring to the table along with tea and coffee.

As I've never been to the CW Hilton do you think it's dismal compared to other UK Hilton buffets or do you think most breakfast buffets are dismal?
NoY likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I feel the opposite, the buffet breakfast gives you more control of your time so is ideal before work. I find the ŕ la carte ideal for leisure trips or weekends where you can take a more relaxed form of service. I must admit I rarely bother with toast at a buffet, that's one of the things I wished most hotels would offer to bring to the table along with tea and coffee.

As I've never been to the CW Hilton do you think it's dismal compared to other UK Hilton buffets or do you think most breakfast buffets are dismal?
I think most breakfast buffets are dismal particularly in the UK as many always seem chock full of Chinese tour groups with perhaps different norms of polite behaviour.

This is typically compounded by poorly though layouts of tables and buffet items, poor levels of overall table and restaurant cleaning and bottlenecks around key areas such as plates and toasters etc. Accompanied by a lack of service for those items which need serving such as eggs or hot drinks.

In my recent experience the very worst of Hilton’s UK buffet offerings seem to be the Hilton Liverpool followed by the Hilton CW. Due to poor layout, compounded by odd lighting, crowded tables, a fairly poor selection of items and items often left hanging around for a long time.

The best UK buffet breakfasts which go some way to overcoming these problems I have experienced recently at the Hilton Bankside and Intercontinental at the O2 (on quieter days).
Old May 6, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Very good question, the menu states that those with a breakfast inclusive rate will get one item from the bakery section (included cereals), one main item and a choice of hot and cold drinks. ....
The Diamond option was the same as those on full breakfast inclusive rates. One cold drink (juice or smoothie) plus one hot drink (including Barista coffees), plus one cereal or bakery item (the bircher muesli was very nice) plus one cooked item (e.g. full English or eggs benedict etc.)...

Thanks very much for the info. It sounds like a great breakfast - now I just need to find an excuse to be in Canary Wharf asap...
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Thanks very much for the info. It sounds like a great breakfast - now I just need to find an excuse to be in Canary Wharf asap...
Haha, that’s how I see it, “ what excuse can I find to go to ****** “. ( insert city ) . My current one is Edinburgh, I really want to try the new Hilton out but I can’t just drive the 800 mile round trip just to stay in a Hilton and unless some books me for a show I need an excuse.

It does sound like a great breakfast I agree...... to be honest I didn’t think the CW breakfast was that bad but I agree with the overcrowding and setup, that said I totally agree about Hilton Liverpool, very basic breakfast and noisy room.
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Totally loved my stay here. Booked 2 rooms and got breakfast for all 4 free. Would have been Ł87 otherwise. We ordered some extra drinks too, all included.

Rooms are lovely. Will stay again!

Twin room

Breakfast
Old May 20, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like the crockery and the glassware.
chrism20 and florens like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.