Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Gold Benefits on Expedia Booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Quick question. If I book a stay at a Garden Inn on Expedia, will I get my Hhonors Gold Benefits at check in? I know that I won't get any points. but will I still get free wifi and free Breakfast?

Thanks for your advice
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:23 pm

Just one of numerous threads on this topic:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ird-party.html

Or you could read the Honors terms and conditions.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peter1962
I've reviewed the thread you've suggested and it seems to say it's a spin of the wheel as to if I'll get the Benefits.
Yeah it really depends on the property. I've had success getting my on property benefits honored the 1 time I booked a Hilton that way.

Up to you if the savings of not booking via Hilton is worth the risk.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Why bother to book through a 3rd party? If they show a less expensive price - call Hilton's reservation line and ask them to match it.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

In this case the booking is being paid with credit card points via the credit card travel portal.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Algebralovr
Why bother to book through a 3rd party? If they show a less expensive price - call Hilton's reservation line and ask them to match it.
Expedia sometime give a generous CC promotion, up to 8 miles per $.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
My experience is NO. I stay at a particular property 3 nights a week, every week for about six months. Then for some unknown reason, the travel desk from my office booked me a stay via expedia. I got nothing. No breakfast or wifi.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:24 am

If you book via a third party site (like Expedia), no Honors goodies. (Individual properties might veer from parts of this - e.g. upgrade, late check out, breakfast, etc. But it's not likely unless they know you very, very well.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Algebralovr
Would that work if the 3rd party listed it as a "Vacation Package"? Costco Travel's land only vacation package is a LOT cheaper than Hilton's website, but Costco includes transport from airport, hotel tax/fee, and resort fee, so it is a "Vacation Package" not just hotel. I am thinking that's the catch and Hilton won't match it.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
If you book via a third party site (like Expedia), no Honors goodies. (Individual properties might veer from parts of this - e.g. upgrade, late check out, breakfast, etc. But it's not likely unless they know you very, very well.
I always get booked through some random third party for traveling from various companies and upon check-in I always tell them I am a Gold member. They hand me some waters and welcome me. In fact, I’m typing this as I have my free breakfast at a DoubleTree. I suppose YMMV.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

...while the water and breakfast is welcome, are you also getting points credited for the stay?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by drewx2

I always get booked through some random third party for traveling from various companies and upon check-in I always tell them I am a Gold member. They hand me some waters and welcome me. In fact, I’m typing this as I have my free breakfast at a DoubleTree. I suppose YMMV.
I think it's great that you have been recognized and given the benefits of a third party booking. Others have not been so lucky. It's entirely up to the hotel you are booking at to extend those benefits to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.