Wiki Posts
Search

Stay Summary <> Stay Detail

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Summary <> Stay Detail

At a co-worker's recommendation, I applied for a Diamond Status match to my Marriott Platinum because my current project is slated to last 6 more months and the Hilton properties are more plentiful, have lower rates and are more desirable where I am working. Plus, I had so many rollover nights that I re-hit Marriott Plat by the end of March.

Anyway, I want to make sure I hit the 8 stays in 90 days before it expired. I applied too soon but I guess that doesn't matter. I have stayed 6 times so far -- that is show in the detail of my account and is true. But my account summary shows I have stayed 7 times. Is there something I'm missing? Only one of my stays was multi-night and I know that counts as a single stay.
Attached Images   
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
My account did something similar- when i got to 4 stays, the tracker suddenly skipped from 3 to 5. It stayed one ahead of my actual stay count through the next few stays, but somehow corrected itself last weekend. Some sort of bug in the code for the website/app I'd guess. I suggest you keep your own record of the number of stays during the challenge period and when you've done all 8, call the diamond desk to make sure their system shows the same.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Welcome to HHonors, where you have to keep track of your own activity.

If you're frequenting the Jackson area, the Hampton Inn in Richland is brand new and very, very clean.

I tried the Hilton once. Not bad, but not worth the $$. I had breakfast in the lounge one morning and asked the server about the unlabeled "casserole". She said "Oh, it's last night's leftovers thrown in with some eggs."
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aww3583

I tried the Hilton once. Not bad, but not worth the $$. I had breakfast in the lounge one morning and asked the server about the unlabeled "casserole". She said "Oh, it's last night's leftovers thrown in with some eggs."
Well, that's very common across hotel brands, I think. Monday morning: Scrambled eggs and smoked sausages. Tuesday morning: Scrambled eggs mixed with diced smoked sausages. It's OK as long as you trust them to keep the items at the appropriate cold & hot temperatures between and during serving. (which you won't know until it's too late, but I imagine if hotel breakfasts were causing widespread food poisoning we'd hear about it here)
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aww3583
Welcome to HHonors, where you have to keep track of your own activity.

If you're frequenting the Jackson area, the Hampton Inn in Richland is brand new and very, very clean.

Thanks. I will give it a try. I got a really good BRG rate at the Hilton that week so I stayed. I personally like it but it is definitely due for a refurb. I'm also from the north and the over-friendliness and chattiness of the lounge attendants was my main complaint and I feel awful for even saying that. I just am a bit more reserved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.