Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What is Hilton doing with DoubleTree?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is Hilton doing with DoubleTree?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by amanuensis
Do the former Mint properties still use Macintosh computers as tv screens?
The one in Amsterdam does. At least as of last summer. Not sure about others. (Photos of the Manchester property show both Macs in lieu of TVs and TVs, but the same dorm furniture.)
The main point being that DT remains the dumping ground for acquired hotels that don't meet brand standard in places beyond the US.

Last edited by Adam1222; Jun 3, 2018 at 10:11 am
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:25 pm

I agree that DT's are all over the place with little consistency. It must be due to the fact that: 1).US DT's are almost 100% franchised as opposed to Hilton-managed; 2).probably less requirements than Hilton.

Recently I have to say I've been more disappointed with DT more often than not.

But one consistency you can expect across the board at all DT's is nice bedding. Way superior to what you'd find at HGI.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Good and bad

Hotel Karlan (near San Diego) and DoubleTree Paradise Valley (Scottsdale) are both great. DT Pittsburgh-Monroeville is run down and noisy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.