Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Titanium HSBC INFINITE SQ Gold
If I can transfer points directly, why do I need to pool?

What’s the difference. Or I have to pool first and then I can transfer? Without pool, no transfer?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:12 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Transferring used to incur a fee, now they are two names for the same thing. Be aware of the limits if you want to move a large number of points.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:29 pm

Do a search on Hilton closing accounts where people are pooling family accounts.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
so what is the criteria to transfer hilton points from one account to another?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Just adding a recent DP.
Transferred points Tuesday, 2pm. Transfer completed Wednesday, 10am. So less than 24 hrs.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:12 am
Community Director Emerita

A friend gifted points to me yesterday. They are in my account today. This very positive change in the Hilton program had passed me unaware. I was very happy to learn that points can now be moved with no charge.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:58 am

20k transfer between family members initiated yesterday, completed today. No issues.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:00 am

Have this issue as well.. My account is <90 days old, and my SO <90 as well. She transferred 100k pts but they are still in her account and have not arrived in mine yet..its been over 24 hours.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Have this issue as well.. My account is <90 days old, and my SO <90 as well. She transferred 100k pts but they are still in her account and have not arrived in mine yet..its been over 24 hours.
Been over 24 x hours for us also, spoke with CS and was advised could be up to three days even though website states within 24 x hours?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I just realized that you can only transfer 500,000 pts per year - I wonder why? I've already hit that number this year (and it's only April).

I'm Diamond and my husband is Gold, so we like to transfer all his points over to my account for redemption (he still has a couple of Hilton credit cards that he earns points on).

Wish it was unlimited transfers, at least between spouses.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I just realized that you can only transfer 500,000 pts per year - I wonder why? I've already hit that number this year (and it's only April).

I'm Diamond and my husband is Gold, so we like to transfer all his points over to my account for redemption (he still has a couple of Hilton credit cards that he earns points on).

Wish it was unlimited transfers, at least between spouses.
Do you Pool your points with your husband? If so, how long does it normally take for your points to arrive in the main account?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Do you Pool your points with your husband? If so, how long does it normally take for your points to arrive in the main account?
I looked back at our accounts to see transfer/receipt dates, but since they cancelled each other out nothing shows - I believe it was longer than 24 hrs,, but not by much - probably 2 days? (sorry not helpful). If it's longer than 3 days I'd give them a call.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:30 am

Points Pooling - how long does it take?

Set up a pool last night between two accounts, and did a transfer... but 12 hours later, still nothing. How long does it normally take?

Also a side question - if I buy points via Points.com, how long do the points take to post into my Hilton account?
Old Nov 9, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by boonkoh
Set up a pool last night between two accounts, and did a transfer... but 12 hours later, still nothing. How long does it normally take?

Also a side question - if I buy points via Points.com, how long do the points take to post into my Hilton account?
Took two business days in last month to receive the transferred points. After purchasing through points.com points were posted on same day.
Thunderroad and boonkoh like this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:36 am

Thanks Jaenks!

I can confirm that it took 24-48 hours, for the 3 transfers I made. Looks like a transfer on a weekend (Fri evening, Sat, Sun) might take a bit longer, whereas one on a weekday arrives within 24 hours.

It also doesn't look automated - all three points transfers arrived within minutes of each other, suggesting some sort of manual processing and batch processing.
Thunderroad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.