Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Any recent successful DP’s? Attempted one last night that has yet to fulfill. Only got the confirmation email that it was requested.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by frudd38
Any recent successful DP’s? Attempted one last night that has yet to fulfill. Only got the confirmation email that it was requested.
I don't want to take the chance that Hilton will close my account for no legitimate reason if I try to pool points with my wife so I haven't tried recently, no.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
I don't want to take the chance that Hilton will close my account for no legitimate reason if I try to pool points with my wife so I haven't tried recently, no.
Why would that happen? It's not against any rules?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Why would that happen? It's not against any rules?
There have been reports of weird things happening. We are also not taking any chances until Hilton figures out what is going wrong.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I was able to transfer points to my brother's account but when we tried to transfer the points back due to a change of plans, the transaction wouldn't process. It was odd since these attempts were deducting points from our annual cap. I reached out to Lauren quite recently and she's trying to find out what happened. When I first reported the issue to Hilton, the Fraud Department was the first department to respond back and all they really had to say was that the account was clear and to try again. However, the transfers still didn't go through.

Hopefully, Hilton can get this resolved ASAP.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:56 pm

To update: points showed up sometime this Fri morning. Transfer initiated Wed ~9pm PT.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:47 am

Well, I got my feet wet and it worked fine, no worries.

Transferred just 6,000 pts from my account (Gold) to husband (Diamond). Initiated transfer around noon on Saturday and they were in his account when we woke up Sunday morning, so less than 24 hours. ^
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:22 am

I made a transfer more then 24hrs ago and there's still no sign of the points.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:45 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I moved all my wife's points into my account a few days ago and it took between 24-48 hours before they showed up.

The emails involved in the process also took several hours to be sent.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:44 am

It's 48+ hours now and still no sign of them...

Interesting that e-rewards -> Hilton is instant but it
takes several days between two HH accounts
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I've done it once and it was around 2 days, total.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:11 pm

After transferring 6,000 a couple of weeks ago with no issues, I did what we really wanted to do and transferred 300,000 from my account into my husband's - again, less than 24 hours, and on a weekend both times. I'm very impressed with the ease and fast turnaround. I wonder if ours have been so easy because of the same last names?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
We just did a transfer from my husband's account into mine. It took a little over 24 hours.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Points transfer questions

I've been trying to resolve an issue transferring and/or pooling points. I've read the threads on pooling issues but really just want to transfer from other family members to myself. In July I was successful transferring points from all three family members so why no longer?

As I said I was successful in July when two of the three accounts I was transferring from were somewhere in the 60-90 days old window. My accounts about two year old and the 4th, my wife's is about 10 years I think. So, based on eligibility rules we fell within that for all parties and I was successful.

In October I attempted a transfer again, same thing as before, from all three family members. Received confirmation numbers yet nothing happened, no transfers. Called HHonors and the rep told me "we don't do that anymore" that I'd have to pool the points.(Wrong!)

Then in mid December decided to book the new Hilton in Como, Italy. Knowing It will be popular in summer decided I better get on pooling our points. I took the rep at her word on transfers but later found out that's not true. I tried pooling with my three family members. I got confirmation email I was successful in sending out invites. They got the invites and accepted and got confirmation of joining. I waited a few days, nothing. Tried again, nothing. Tried a transfer from one family member, seemed to go successfully but nothing transferred.

Ive spoken to many reps, an IT guy, Lauren on here and emailed [email protected]. Case I don't created. So far got a generic response pointing out accounts have to be open 30 days and if done between 30-90 have to show activity. All accounts are over 90 days so what gives? Why would I not have got an error notice or email stating I wasn't eligible if that's what they thought?

Today tried again, a transfer from wifes(oldest acct) and son(8-9 months old). This time I did get an error in red basically reciting the 30-90 day requirement. Which of course doesn't apply.

Then I started thinking back. As I think happened to most of you, when we all applied for AMEX Hilton cards in September we filled in out honors numbers but were assigned new ones with new cards anyway. And of course bonus points went to the new number. We each probably had the new ones merged with existing ones in late October and early November.

i called the rep again and she showed my account being opened 2 years ago. I asked if she shows when the new account was merged with existing. She could not see that. She did speak with someone who thought that was possibly the reason but I could get no confirmation.

Why did my July transfer work and not the later October/early Nov. one work?

why did I get confirmation on two pooling and two transfer tries in mid late Dec but get error notification on one done today?

Are some of or all of our points tagged as too new to transfer due to merging accounts and points?

how is any of this possible?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:45 am

I am having the exact same problem and don't know how to proceed. Tried pooling twice and each time I get a confirmation number yet the points don't transfer.

Any advice welcome!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.