Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Map of rooms to view prior visit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Map of rooms to view prior visit

I think it is wonderful that we can check-in and choose our rooms the day prior to a Hilton brand hotel stay.

Is there anywhere one can view a map of the hotel rooms in advance without having to wait until check-in day? It does not seem like a big deal but often I want to confer with family as to their desired room/area, several days/weeks ahead of check-in time.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jiminycricket
I think it is wonderful that we can check-in and choose our rooms the day prior to a Hilton brand hotel stay.

Is there anywhere one can view a map of the hotel rooms in advance without having to wait until check-in day? It does not seem like a big deal but often I want to confer with family as to their desired room/area, several days/weeks ahead of check-in time.
I think room77 used to do this, but I think this functionality has been discontinued. I too would be grateful for someone sharing a possible resource.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
A handful of hotels have uploaded their floor plans to google maps so you can see them there (just like most malls have done)
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hi55us
A handful of hotels have uploaded their floor plans to google maps so you can see them there (just like most malls have done)
How do you find the floor plans via google maps?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
You could zoom in

This level of detail isnot always available. In Tokyo you can zoom in and see the underground walkways.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I always have an idea of what side of a hotel I want - I look at Google maps satellite and see where the busy streets, railroad tracks, bars, the pool, whatnot are and try to avoid that side.

I also seem to be very unlucky in that almost always the room I picked is "not ready" when we get there,so I end up with something different anyway.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Last two check-ins through the app (to different properties) just shows a list of room numbers and not the floor plans. Has this changed or did I just stumble upon two in a row that just don't have that built? Tried both iOS and Android apps. Completely useless to select by room number alone unless I happened to be familiar with the property.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

In 2009, the Homewood Suites in Ridgeland, MS, US, had a map of its rooms on its web site. I wish the idea had spread to other properties.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I've been in hotels where not every floor was the same - usually old buildings, the Hampton Inn New Orleans being one of them. In that case a single floor's map would be useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.