Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can I get both HHonors credit and airline miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I get both HHonors credit and airline miles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:46 pm
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I double dip to AA and UA.

You don't get many miles from the DD but I have hundreds of thousands of miles in each program via CC churning and it extends the expiration 18 months.
This. My Honors account is set to whichever program (currently UA) that I'm least likely to fly on or earn miles with. This way, I don't lose those orphan miles.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:19 pm

yeah, this is lifesaver for those worthless frontier and lan miles that I *might* use one day...
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mymyles
yeah, this is lifesaver for those worthless frontier and lan miles that I *might* use one day...
Uh-uh!

LAN (now LATAM) miles (kms) expire after about 3 years, and there's no way to reset that except for a paid flight on LATAM metal (which extends all the LATAM kms you have another 3 years). Simple earning of points does nothing to reset your LATAM expiration.
So if you have no plan to reset your LATAM kms via a paid LATAM metal flight, nor any plan to use them before they expire, then what's the point of giving up Hilton Honors points to earn LATAM miles/kms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.