Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford {GBR}

Old Mar 13, 17, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford {GBR}

Just noticed this whilst doing a UK Search , no details at present but website says " comming soon "
I've added this to the leaving/changing thread but I thought it would be good to start a thread for future reviews and trip reports.
I dont get to Manchester much and when I do I normally stay at the Hilton Manchester deansgate but I'm sure this will be a handy addition to the Hilton portfolio.
Old Mar 13, 17, 4:41 pm
ECR

This newspaper article from 2015 suggests the plans are for a 150 bed hotel at Lancashire County Cricket Club.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....irates-9036949
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:22 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, HH Diamond, PC Gold, BMI Gold (RIP)
It's the new hotel that is being completed at the moment at Old Trafford cricket ground and will replace the current Old Trafford Lodge that is at the ground.

From the photos, it looks like it will be set to in to the ground, so part of it will have views of the ground.

Old Trafford is a circa 12 minute tram journey in to the centre of Manchester, so not a bad location to be in if you do need Manchester city centre. Obviously a good option for sporting or concert events at both Old Trafford venues, or for anyone needing to be to the west of the city centre.

Should be a nice addition.
Old Oct 9, 17, 4:00 pm
cjd

Just completed a stay at this recently opened Hilton Garden Inn. Hotel is very easy to find, situated at the Emirates Old Trafford Lancashire Cricket Ground and access is through a ticketed barrier at the ground entrance. Car parking is complimentary to hotel guests with reception giving a free replacement car park ticket. Approx. half the hotel rooms are facing the cricket ground, whilst the other side face the entrance car park and road. Old Trafford football stadium is also very close and visible from the higher floors facing the car park. The Trafford Centre shopping mall is a short drive from the hotel. Check in was quick as hotel appeared to be quiet. Booked a King room and given that room, no upgrade offered. I think most rooms facing the cricket ground have balconies and are charged at higher rates and would imagine considerably higher rates on match days. Room numbering was unusual in that rooms facing the pitch on the top fifth floor went from 501 to 517 and rooms facing the car park from 529 to 518 when entering from the elevators. Not the usual odd numbers one side, even numbers the other. The King room was compact and featured a 5ft king bed, work desk, refrigerator and large wall mounted tv. Bathroom had a sliding door and one washbasin. No bath, but a large walk in shower. Complimentary breakfast provided in the restaurant if MyWay set to that instead of 750 points. Good choice at breakfast, which is all self-serve. Restaurant also serves dinner in the evening. There is also a bar and sitting area. All staff were very friendly and as expected, the hotel certainly has the new feel. Enjoyed the stay and will return.
Old Feb 10, 19, 4:43 am

Programs: Airline Disloyal But BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
I've never stayed at a HGI before - what's the room service like? I have a 24 hour charity videocast to participate in during my upcoming stay so will be trapped in the room for 24 hours... (well I can duck out quickly but would prefer good room service to having to deal with that if possible). There isn't the usual '24 hour room service' feature listed so I'm guessing I might be SOL/having to stay somewhere further away from the other event I'm going to (this hotel would have been ideal without the charity event to do...).
Old Feb 11, 19, 12:52 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
HGIs donít offer room service at all.
Old Feb 11, 19, 11:38 am

Itís in the brand standard, 5PM-10PM every day in many markets.
Old Feb 11, 19, 3:23 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by redeyedonkey View Post
I've never stayed at a HGI before - what's the room service like? I have a 24 hour charity videocast to participate in during my upcoming stay so will be trapped in the room for 24 hours... (well I can duck out quickly but would prefer good room service to having to deal with that if possible). There isn't the usual '24 hour room service' feature listed so I'm guessing I might be SOL/having to stay somewhere further away from the other event I'm going to (this hotel would have been ideal without the charity event to do...).
Can't remember from my stay as to whether they did room service. Worth a phone call to the hotel though.
redeyedonkey likes this.
Old Feb 12, 19, 6:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Aren't there services in and around Manchester to pick up and deliver take out/carry out/takeaway food orders from area restaurants?

David
Old Feb 13, 19, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LTPP, HH Diamond
Is this actually close enough to watch a cricket match? is it comparable to that Renaissance in the Skydome in Toronto? (Just beyond the center field fence for baseball.)

Clunky name. Manchester Emirates. LOL...
Old Feb 13, 19, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
Is this actually close enough to watch a cricket match? is it comparable to that Renaissance in the Skydome in Toronto? (Just beyond the center field fence for baseball.)

Hi,

From here;
https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...6MANESGI7EN8i1

it has 85 pitch facing rooms so you could watch the match.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 13, 19, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LTPP, HH Diamond
Room photo looks pretty awesome. Priced it during what appears to be a home match (April 16-18) and confirmed pitch view rooms are in the GBP 160 range. That seems surprisingly reasonable.
Old Feb 13, 19, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat

Half of the rooms look directly over the pitch (which is immediately adjacent). Not sure how it compares to inferior niche sports but from a cricket perspective the views are about as good as it gets.
Old Feb 18, 19, 2:53 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, HH Diamond, PC Gold, BMI Gold (RIP)
Room photo looks pretty awesome. Priced it during what appears to be a home match (April 16-18) and confirmed pitch view rooms are in the GBP 160 range. That seems surprisingly reasonable.
The only day of cricket during that period is the Royal London One Day cup match vs Worcestershire on the 17th April. Crowds for those tend to be pretty moderate (but not as low as the Championship games), but at that time of year watching from indoors may not be a bad idea!

The pitch view rooms for the T20 matches (especially when at home vs Yorkshire) or England international games (if they release rooms for those) would be the ones in the highest demand.
Old May 30, 19, 11:20 pm

I just completed a good stay here, choosing this one as city centre rates were ridiculously high.

Have to say I was impressed. Booked a basic king room, received a 2-cat upgrade to their best room (king deluxe with pitch view) on the top floor. Room was very nice, very large (triangular shaped) good balcony and a view of the pitch which reminded me of the Hilton in Southampton. No drinks are allowed on the balcony- though I don't know how they would enforce this. There's no tray charge for room service which runs until 10.30pm although if drinks only are ordered a minimum order of £20.

Ample parking is free for all guests and a tram stop is immediately outside, only 3 stops to the city centre. Be aware the car park is closed during match series -which there were signs up saying this is for most of June though so worth checking before booking.

Hotel has a gym which I didn't get time to use unfortunately.

Breakfast was better than average.. good quality food, more choice than usual, and very attentive yet relaxed service with staff laughing and joking with guests as they went around. The excellent service seemed to run right through the hotel at reception also.

Overall I'd say it's a good great value alternative hotel in Manchester when the city centre ones are either full or overpriced.. plus with it having free parking and the tram access I'd stay here again.

Search this Thread