Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Newest Updates to Hilton Honors T&Cs March 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:23 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi all,

Similar to my last Terms & Conditions post in August, wanted to share the most recent changes that will go into effect on the Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions page; all changes are effective as of March 1, 2017. As you’ll see, most of them are around the updates for Points & Money.
• Update to the spelling of Hilton HHonors to Hilton Honors
• On-property benefits are not awarded for ineligible rates
• New additions to Points & Money benefits, allowing Hilton Honors members to book a reward stay using nearly any combination of Points & Money in increments of 1,000 Points and starting at 5,000 Points
• Removal of hotel reward categories
• Hilton Honors members will earn Points on the cash portion of a Points & Money stay
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative

[/INDENT]
Can you define ineligible rates pls? Is it just 3rd party bookings (I say hopefully)?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:17 pm

It's a new month today!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:26 pm

Will point & money stay of 1 night, combining with another 2 consecutive night of cash stay yield full Hilton points? Or is this still counted as an award stay for the entire 3 nights?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:32 pm

What is the removal of hotel categories about?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by appledabble
Will point & money stay of 1 night, combining with another 2 consecutive night of cash stay yield full Hilton points? Or is this still counted as an award stay for the entire 3 nights?
If you're now earning points on the cash portion of the points + money stay, then I'm not catching why it would matter. What am I missing?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
If you're now earning points on the cash portion of the points + money stay, then I'm not catching why it would matter. What am I missing?
While we can earn points on the cash portion of P + M stay, it is not explicit if P + M is still counted as award stay. If it is, then the cash nights will be counted as award stay and by the rule, no points will be given. Although this doesn't make sense if points are given for P + M. Hence, the clarification
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by appledabble
While we can earn points on the cash portion of P + M stay, it is not explicit if P + M is still counted as award stay. If it is, then the cash nights will be counted as award stay and by the rule, no points will be given. Although this doesn't make sense if points are given for P + M. Hence, the clarification
But if the type of "award stay" you are talking about now earns point on the cash portion, then the "cash nights" would be no different than the "cash portion" of the "award stay", right? It would just be a points + money stay with a large money portion - which now earns points.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Similar to my last Terms & Conditions post in August, wanted to share the most recent changes that will go into effect on the Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions page; all changes are effective as of March 1, 2017. As you’ll see, most of them are around the updates for Points & Money.
• Update to the spelling of Hilton HHonors to Hilton Honors
• New additions to Points & Money benefits, allowing Hilton Honors members to book a reward stay using nearly any combination of Points & Money in increments of 1,000 Points and starting at 5,000 Points
• Removal of hotel reward categories
• Hilton Honors members will earn Points on the cash portion of a Points & Money stay
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you!
Lauren
Link to a press release please ? (didn't find anything online)

Also hotel reward categories are still showing on site. (0926 +0800GMT)
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
Link to a press release please ? (didn't find anything online)
It's 2017 - you found the press release, and it was online (see post #1)...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
What if a stay consists of 2 nights paid (money) , combined with a night paid with points?
Will we get points for the 'cash nights' or will this be considered a reward stay (so no points...?)
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:38 am

Talking

Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
It is about increasing points per night at their wish, there s no more limits.

Last edited by Java Titan; Mar 1, 2017 at 5:18 am
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:22 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Delectatio
What if a stay consists of 2 nights paid (money) , combined with a night paid with points?
Will we get points for the 'cash nights' or will this be considered a reward stay (so no points...?)
Looks like that old rule has now been changed. In today's updated T & C's dated 01 March 2017, it now states:
"If at least one night of the Member's stay is consumed with the use of Hilton Honors Rewards Points, the entire stay is considered a "Reward Stay" and Hilton Honors Points may be earned."
Looks to me like the word "not" has been removed. Hopefully, now that it's in the rules, they award Base points on the paid nights now. I think previously some members got them and some didn't. Those that didn't, couldn't complain because the rules stated they weren't entitled to them.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Question: do corporate rates come with hotel benefits if member is Diamond?

Question 2: do corporate rates accrue points as normal?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir

The number of members who do not realize this leads me to believe that Hilton is deliberately hiding this devaluation.

This is just like when Delta Airlines took down the award chart. The removal of categories will allow Hilton to raise the points required for a stay to any amount they want at any time they want. By any time it means you could see a redemption rate at a hotel, and go to book it an hour later to find that the required points has already changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.