Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Newest Updates to Hilton Honors T&Cs March 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newest Updates to Hilton Honors T&Cs March 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
I am not clear this is beneficial to me. I ran some points stays (for places I have stayed at on points OR have considered and know what the charges are) and found pretty much its a big devaluation across the board.

Hilton can do what it wants; I guess I might have to branch out some and change my loyalties....some of the changes are patently ridiculous. Everyone wants to nickel and dime, Hilton has gone there substantially the last few years.

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Similar to my last Terms & Conditions post in August, wanted to share the most recent changes that will go into effect on the Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions page; all changes are effective as of March 1, 2017. As you’ll see, most of them are around the updates for Points & Money.
• Update to the spelling of Hilton HHonors to Hilton Honors
• On-property benefits are not awarded for ineligible rates
• New additions to Points & Money benefits, allowing Hilton Honors members to book a reward stay using nearly any combination of Points & Money in increments of 1,000 Points and starting at 5,000 Points
• Removal of hotel reward categories
• Hilton Honors members will earn Points on the cash portion of a Points & Money stay
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Lauren, Can you clarify whether reservations made using MVP or TeamUSA rates remain eligible for all benefits including HH points earning? Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
It's 2017 - you found the press release, and it was online (see post #1)...
tough luck for those not on flyertalk

Originally Posted by jn in ca
The number of members who do not realize this leads me to believe that Hilton is deliberately hiding this devaluation.
I need to make a few booking before April, and the properties I'm looking at (mostly SEA) are still asking for the same points/night.

have a feeling I should be spending points now rather than later ... especially with the current 2k/night bonus, and previous 5k visa deal.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United 1k, Le Club Silver
Originally Posted by cjd
Looks like that old rule has now been changed. In today's updated T & C's dated 01 March 2017, it now states:
"If at least one night of the Member's stay is consumed with the use of Hilton Honors Rewards Points, the entire stay is considered a "Reward Stay" and Hilton Honors Points may be earned."
Looks to me like the word "not" has been removed. Hopefully, now that it's in the rules, they award Base points on the paid nights now. I think previously some members got them and some didn't. Those that didn't, couldn't complain because the rules stated they weren't entitled to them.
Can Lauren confirm that if we combine reward stay with pay stay, we can now earn points with the days that I pay? Or I cannot book a points only reward stay (must use cash+points) to earn points on the days I pay?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:35 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by pollyG
Can Lauren confirm that if we combine reward stay with pay stay, we can now earn points with the days that I pay? Or I cannot book a points only reward stay (must use cash+points) to earn points on the days I pay?
Hi pollyG,

You will now earn Points on the money portion of a Points & Money stay. Previously, a stay that used any number of Points was considered a rewards stay, and you would not earn Points. So going forward, any amount of money that you put towards the stay will allow you to earn Points.

Thanks for your question!
Lauren
Old May 20, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
So just to be 100% clear... If I have a 1-night point stay right after a 5-night cash stay at the same property, the whole stay will count as a reward stay, but I will still earn base points for the 5 nights of cash?

Is there any disadvantage to doing this then? Seems to me like I can go ahead and do this with peace of mind. All the 2x, 3x points promo etc. should still trigger with the base points earned on that part of the stay, right?

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi pollyG,

You will now earn Points on the money portion of a Points & Money stay. Previously, a stay that used any number of Points was considered a rewards stay, and you would not earn Points. So going forward, any amount of money that you put towards the stay will allow you to earn Points.

Thanks for your question!
Lauren
Old May 21, 2017, 3:37 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Lctkw
So just to be 100% clear... If I have a 1-night point stay right after a 5-night cash stay at the same property, the whole stay will count as a reward stay, but I will still earn base points for the 5 nights of cash?

Is there any disadvantage to doing this then? Seems to me like I can go ahead and do this with peace of mind. All the 2x, 3x points promo etc. should still trigger with the base points earned on that part of the stay, right?
Yes, you should get the points and bonuses for mixing Reward and Paid nights. Lauren confirmed this in a previous thread. See post no 12 of this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...paid-stay.html

In that post, she states: "Thanks for flagging this question/scenario. Any "Money" or Paid portion of a stay will earn Points with the new updates. Any "Points" or Reward portion will not. So even if you combine Reward with Paid, you will still earn Points on that Paid portion of the stay."
Old May 21, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks! Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Missed the earlier thread. Will rest easier, now!

Originally Posted by cjd
Yes, you should get the points and bonuses for mixing Reward and Paid nights. Lauren confirmed this in a previous thread. See post no 12 of this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...paid-stay.html

In that post, she states: "Thanks for flagging this question/scenario. Any "Money" or Paid portion of a stay will earn Points with the new updates. Any "Points" or Reward portion will not. So even if you combine Reward with Paid, you will still earn Points on that Paid portion of the stay."
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope you had a great Honeymoon Lauren.

Can you please tell us what will happen on the 1st January next year? Will the hotels that were in virtual categories (which since March no longer exist) meaning there was always a max number of points on a standard room which formed part of your commitment not to make changes this year- no longer apply?

From this date every redemption is based on the assumed value for a HHonors point?

Thanks,
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:24 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by hugolover
I hope you had a great Honeymoon Lauren.

Can you please tell us what will happen on the 1st January next year? Will the hotels that were in virtual categories (which since March no longer exist) meaning there was always a max number of points on a standard room which formed part of your commitment not to make changes this year- no longer apply?

From this date every redemption is based on the assumed value for a HHonors point?

Thanks,

Would need to check with the team on that question - thanks for asking!

PS - Will be out of the office on the honeymoon (haven't gone just yet!) starting tomorrow. Will update the out of office shortly.

Thanks!
Lauren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.