Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Krakow {POL}

Hampton by Hilton Krakow

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hampton by Hilton Krakow

D?bska 5, 31-572 Kraków, Poland PL

Hampton by Hilton Krakow - Decent property at a good price (0 Photo)

Hampton by Hilton Krakow

I stayed at both the Hampton and adjacent Doubletree and will compare both.

Check In

Friendly but really not all that helpful - couldn't make change, no tram tickets, no ice bucket to take ice to room (used multiple glasses instead). At the Doubletree they met every request.

Service

Nice and friendly but not nearly at the level of the staff at the Doubletree.

Dining

Has a bar with light meals in the evening.  Uses the Doubletree for breakfast.

Out of town but easy access to the tram via the mall.

Overall

Price was very cheap - $50 but I'd spend the extra for the Doubletree.

The room were fairly noisy as you had to close the door hard to get it to latch.

Very easy to hotel hop between the two.  You don't even have to go outside!

Hampton by Hilton Krakow - Decent property at a good price

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton by Hilton Krakow?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:03 am
Original Poster

title changed

Last edited by tkelvin69; Feb 19, 2017 at 11:03 am
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for the heads up. I'm goinna be mattress hopping between these two propertys in June
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
Thanks for the heads up. I'm goinna be mattress hopping between these two propertys in June
It's perfect for that. I just went to the desk of the hotel to be check-in
right before breakfast and asked if my room would be available early. It was. Had breakfast, checked out, put my bags in the new room and headed to town.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Out of interest, I 'a bit by accident' booked a one night reward stay that turned out to be non-cancellable.
No-show or cancellation will result in a credit card charge of one night BAR rate.

I was actually booking the DoubleTree (cash and points) for 5 nights but the last night triggered a non-cancellable reservation, so decided to book only four nights and book the 5th night in the Hampton and then wait and see how firm my plans were (expecting to loose my 5000 points if I cancelled but not to pay an unknown BAR rate.....) and if they were firm to cancel the Hampton and book the Doubletree for the last night - I don't much care for changing hotels.

Seems like I'll be trying the Hampton then - no big deal as the two hotels are adjacent - and I'll make a note to self to read the small print more carefully in the future.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breakfast is only at the DoubleTree when the occupancy at Hampton is low that it wouldn't be economical to provide both. As I understand the Hampton breakfast is open again.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:45 am

I have a five night award booking at this property which was originally booked for 20,000 points (4x 5000 point "standard room reward" nights +5NF = 20,000).

The reservation was recently updated and is now showing a significant cash component. Price: 2,100.00 zł & Points: 20,000. Anyone else see something similar or know what's going on here? Is this cash amount that was tacked on just what the property intends to bill Hilton for the room?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mster
I have a five night award booking at this property which was originally booked for 20,000 points (4x 5000 point "standard room reward" nights +5NF = 20,000).

The reservation was recently updated and is now showing a significant cash component. Price: 2,100.00 zł & Points: 20,000. Anyone else see something similar or know what's going on here? Is this cash amount that was tacked on just what the property intends to bill Hilton for the room?
What's showing as the room type?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:52 am

I recently did a two night points stay at this hotel and my reservation changed to show some something similar: xxx.xx zloty plus 5000 points.

At checkout there was nothing mentioned. Maybe it has to do with the points and cash thing.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
What's showing as the room type?
Queen room. The only thing that changed on the reservation was the addition of a cash amount in ZL. Everything else is exactly the same.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by camsean
I recently did a two night points stay at this hotel and my reservation changed to show some something similar: xxx.xx zloty plus 5000 points.

At checkout there was nothing mentioned. Maybe it has to do with the points and cash thing.
To clarify - you also had a stay booked entirely with points (not point + cash) and also saw a cash amount added to your reservation then were not charged any cash amount on checkout?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by mster
To clarify - you also had a stay booked entirely with points (not point + cash) and also saw a cash amount added to your reservation then were not charged any cash amount on checkout?
Yes to both. Entire stay with points. Reservation showed cash amount plus points.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
This was My second stay here at the Hampton by Hilton Krakow

The location is nice and quiet.
The staff are GREAT!
Breakfast is very nice for a hampton!
Excellent value for points, if paying by cash it seems on our dates the Double tree has been only a few € more so then I would book there!

The pool is WAY over priced for Hampton guests! Feels like a rip off! 70pln for one visit! They advertised it at 70pln PER STAY but its per stay in the pool area not per day or hotel stay as it sounds!

Managment is quite slow about fixing things! For instance on my last stay over 2 months ago I reported that the doors DO NOT close by themselves reliably but often stay ajar as they dont lock (can just be pushed open) they stated they were aware of this design flaw. I suggested then that they inform guests of this so people are aware and will make sure to secure the doors but nothing has been done! I view this as a pretty serious security flaw! 2 times our door was left unsecured by staff abd twice by the kids during our week stay!

So beware of this if you stay! The same issue is at the double tree!

Managment seems very lackluster!

overall a great hotel for sure and good value, I just hope the hotel starts fixing the small issues they know about! It seems the hotel is quite full of bus tours as well but never seems crowded!

On a side note the Aviation museum was awesome as well as the krakow zoo! The aviatipn museum is walking distance from the hotel! Well worth a visit! The water park was a huge dissappointment
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by camsean

We had the same thing, I assumed it was a system error showing the amount Hilton reimburses the hotel for the stay?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
About the suddenly appearing cash component showing up on reward stay reservations:
I emailed the hotel about this and the answer is that it is a system error.
I stayed here a few weeks ago and there was no trouble at check out - only paid with points and the cash part wasn't mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.