Hampton by Hilton Krakow {POL}

Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Personally, and if redeeming points for the stay, there is no way I would choose the DT over the HI. The morning breakfast is extremely good with lots of variety. Nothing like a HI in the States. But this is true of every HI I've stayed at in Germany and Poland. The DT does have slightly bigger rooms; but at 5k points per night, you can justify getting two rooms.

I really can't see paying a rate premium-- let alone a point premium-- to stay at the DT over the HI. And as far as convenience, there is none. As they sit side-by-side. Although the DT does have a "back entrance" from the mall's open parking lot.
Thanks for the post! The HI is only 4k a night for 5 nights...how can I resist.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by UKOK
Thanks for the post! The HI is only 4k a night for 5 nights...how can I resist.
Oh... I forgot about the 5th night free thing. I hope you have booked this hotel reservation. I'm worried that it won't be at 5K for much longer. This is what happened to the HI Warsaw Airport. It started out at 5K, then went to 10K about a year later. (Still a good deal, though).
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hampton Krakow is now 10k as part of the stealth devaluation from the new programme terms. I believe the common value is $0.05 per point, so thats $50 value. This is so stupid because the hotel is very rarely above 200 PLN which is equal to...you guessed it 50 USD.

I think moving HHonors to a cashback scheme will come to be their immense regret. I know many of you think that it already is such a scheme, and you treat it as such, but that takes away the aspirational value of HHonors. Cashback doesn't motivate me to stay more, especially in Hamptons that have zero status benefits, I could book through Hotels.com for a 10% return.

The airport HGI Krakow Airport is also 10k and is an excellent HGI but best of all is the direct train services to the Glowny Station a minutes walk from the hotel door which puts you right in the centre and you'll spend the same amount of time in a comfortable train than walking through the deserted shopping mall next to Hampton Krakow and taking a new/old tram for an overall longer journey time. The HGI breakfast is much better than Hampton of course and the rooms are more spacious with bathtubs and some suites. HGI Krakow Airport is often 400+ PLN per night.

Furthermore, given the DoubleTree Krakow (which is connected to the Hampton and they use the DT for Hampton breakfast when occupancy is low) is pretty much around 250-300 PLN per night it would be foolish to pay to stay at the Hampton when the DT has a lounge, swimming pool, much nicer rooms and amenities.

I know HHonors redemptions were really helping the hotel keep a reasonable occupancy and I can't see that continuing much more. As the years tick by, and the Curio opens its going to put real pressure on these two hotels, located very far from the centre of Krakow will be subject to more cost-cutting.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Hampton Krakow is now 10k as part of the stealth devaluation from the new programme terms. I believe the common value is $0.05 per point, so thats $50 value. This is so stupid because the hotel is very rarely above 200 PLN which is equal to...you guessed it 50 USD.
Wow! That had to have just happened. As I was looking at future stays there online just yesterday. And it was still 5K points. I wonder if the HGI Rzeszw went up as well.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Yup, happened just over night. I felt like this is going to happen and booked speculatively for summer....
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, the new system means that they change the categories of the hotels without any notice at all. Its about more choice, more privileges to improve our experience, and of course, in response to Members feedback .

HGI Rzeszow is still 5k for now, but it could change tomorrow, the day after, who knows.

I have kept a very high balance for a while, but I can see that even if I make loads of cancellations, its better to book speculatively. I was of the opinion that having a large balance was useful for upgrades on hotels that use OnQ checkin but LTD would now trump that.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Unfortunately, the new system means that they change the categories of the hotels without any notice at all. Its about more choice, more privileges to improve our experience, and of course, in response to Members feedback .
What angers me is that a few months ago, they stopped indicating what hotel category a specific hotel was. You used to be able to go to the landing page for a speciific hotel, and it would indicate on the hotel information column its hotel category number. Now that's gone.

HGI Rzeszow is still 5k for now, but it could change tomorrow, the day after, who knows.
Yes. I saw that when I checked. However, it looks like the new HI in Gdansk is no longer a 10K point hotel. But the one at the airport is still 10K points.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fanjet
What angers me is that a few months ago, they stopped indicating what hotel category a specific hotel was. You used to be able to go to the landing page for a speciific hotel, and it would indicate on the hotel information column its hotel category number. Now that's gone.
Yes. I saw that when I checked. However, it looks like the new HI in Gdansk is no longer a 10K point hotel. But the one at the airport is still 10K points.
I am not sure I care about the Hampton by Hilton Oliwa because the low occupancy is meaning very low rates but I'm unable to check as the system is down. Hampton Old Town is forecast to open 16th May putting further pressure on rates.

It will be interesting to see the points on Hampton Oswiecim.

Just to be clear, they have opened hotels since the changes that are 5k, even in Europe.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel is closed due to Covid but not closed for reservations. Reservations are moved to the DoubleTree.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see theyve blocked the hotel for the next year or so. Diamond guarantee only.

The hotel was already closed but it was open for reservations which were shifted immediately to the DT. I guess all those Hampton HHonors reimbursements at (15 or whatever) exceeded the revenue of keeping the place open for cash reservation. This is especially true when you pile on all the Diamonds who would get access to the lounge.

This is going to make the Polish FF community cry . They do love their Finsbury!
Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finsbury has risen! It was a temporary problem. Much relief to Fly4Free members for sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.